- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Dynamic Characteristics of a Wind and Photovoltaic Hybrid Light Pole Structure with 2-bladed and 3-bladed Vertical Axis Turbine Rotors Using Vibration Measurement under Normal Operation Conditions
2엽 및 3엽 수직축 풍력-태양광 하이브리드 가로등의 발전 중 진동계측을 통한 동적 특성 비교
- Received : 2019.06.14
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.09.01
In this study, the vibration characteristics and the resonance phenomena of a wind-solar hybrid light pole structure are compared with respect to the wind turbine type through the dynamic response measurement. Two different turbines are considered including 2-bladed and 3-bladed vertical axis wind turbine rotors. The resonance phenomenon that can occur in hybrid light pole structure is analyzed by comparing the dynamic characteristics of the structure and the excitation force under operational conditions. Displacement responses are also estimated using the acceleration measurement data by use of recently proposed method, and it is observed that the amplitude of dynamic displacement responses are in the range of 4-6 cm under the resonance in the case of 2-bladed turbine and those are limited under 2 mm in the case of 3-bladed turbine because there is no resonance.
vibration characteristics;wind-solar hybrid light pole structure;resonance;vertical axis wind turbine
Grant : 소형 풍력발전시스템 최적화 엔지니어링 기술개발, 해양에너지 및 항만해양구조물 실용화 기술개발
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원, 한국해양과학기술원
- Brinker, R., Zhang, L. and Andersen, P. (2000), Modal identification from ambient response using frequency domain decomposition, Proceedings of 16th International Modal Analysis Conference, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 625-630.
- Kim, S., Nam, Y.S., and Eun, S. (2005), Vibration Characteristic of the Tower Structure of a 750 kW Wind Turbine Generator, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering., 15(2), 219-224. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2005.15.2.219
- Lee, H. S., Hong, Y. H., and Park H. W. (2010), Design of an FIR Filter for the Displacement Reconstruction using Measured Acceleration in Low-frequency Dominant Structures, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 82(4), 403-434.
- Osgood, R. M. (2001), Dynamic Characterization Tesing of Wind Turbines (No. NREL/TP-500-30070), National Renewable Energy Lab, US.
- Park, J. W., Sim, S. H., and Jung, H. J. (2013), Displacement Estimation using Multimetric data fusion, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 18(6), 1675-1682. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2013.2275187
- Palanisamy, R. P., Jung, B. J., Sim, S. H., and Yi, J. H. (2019), Quasi Real-Time and Continuous Non-Stationary Strain Estimation in Bottom Fixed Offshore Structures by Multimetric Data Fusion, Smart Structures and Systems, 23(1), 61-69.
- Yi, J. H., Park, J. S., Han, S. H., and Lee, K. S. (2013), Modal Identification of a Jacket-Type Offshore Structure using Dynamic Tilt Responses and Investigation of Tidal Effects on Modal Properties, Engineering Structures, 49, 767-781. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.12.015
- Yi, J. H., Kim, W., Han, T. H., and Yim, S. (2017a), Dynamic Response Measurements and Analysis on a 10kW Class Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, Trans, Korean Soc. Noise Vib. Eng., 27(1), 107-113. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2017.27.1.107
- Yi, J. H., Kim, W., Han, T. H., and Yim, S. (2017b), Dynamic Model Identification and Economic Improvement Analysis on Vertical Win Turbine, Annual Conference of Korea Society of Maintenance and Inspection.
- Yi, J. H., Kim, W., Han, T. H., and Yim, S. (2017c), Dynamic Characteristics Analysis and Dynamic Model Modification on a Small Scale Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, Journal of Coastal Disaster Prevention, 4(2), 85-92. https://doi.org/10.20481/kscdp.2017.4.2.85