- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Shear Strength of SFRC Deep Beam with High Strength Headed Reinforcing Tensile Bars
고강도 확대머리 인장철근을 가지는 SFRC 깊은 보의 전단강도
- Kim, Young-Rok ;
- Lee, Chang-Yong ;
- Kim, Seung-Hun (Department of Architectural Engineering, HanBat National University)
- Received : 2019.01.11
- Accepted : 2019.01.21
- Published : 2019.09.01
Shear experiments were carried out to evaluate shear performance of SFRC deep beams with end-anchorage of SD600 high strength headed reinforcing tensile bars. The experimental variables include the end-anchorage methods of tensile bars (headed bar, straight bar), the end-anchorage lengths, and the presence of shear reinforcement. Specimens with a shear span ratio of 1 showed a pattern of the shear compression failure with the slope cracks progressed after the initial bending crack occurred. Specimens with end-anchorage of headed bars (H-specimens) showed a larger shear strengths of 5.6% to 22.4% compared to straight bars (NH-specimens). For H-specimens, bearing stress reached 0.9 to 17.2% of the total stress of tensile bars up to 75% of the maximum load, and reached 22.4% to 46%. This shows that the anchorage strength due to the bearing stress of headed bars has a significant effect on shear strength. The experimental shear strength was 2.68 to 4.65 times the theoretical shear strength by the practical method, and the practical method was evaluated as the safety side.
Headed reinforcing bar;Deep beam;Shear strength;Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete
- ACI Committee 318 (1999), Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-99)
- KCI Committee. (2012), Concrete Design Code and Commentary, Korea Concrete Institute.
- Korea Concrete Institute (2018), KCI Model Code 2017 (KCI M-18-006 )
- Schlaich, J., Schafer, K., & Jennewein, M. (1987), Toward a Consistent Design of Structural Concrete, Journal of the Prestressed Institute, 32(3), 74-150.
- Thompson, M. K., Ziehl, M. J., Jirsa, J. O. & Breen, J. E. (2005), CCT Nodes Anchored by Headed Bars- part 1, ACI Structural Journal, 102(6), 808-815.
- Thompson, M. K., Jirsa, J. O., & Breen, J. E. (2006), CCT Nodes Anchored by Headed Bars-part 2: Capacity of Nodes, ACI Structural Journal, 103(1), 65-73.
- Thompson, M. K., Ledesma, A., Jirsa, J. O., & Breen, J. E. (2006), Lap Splices Anchored by Headed Bars, ACI Structural Journal, 103(2), 271-279.
- Won, D. Y. (2013), Failure Behaviour and Shear Strength Equations of Reinforced Concrete Deep Beams, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 25(6), 683-691. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.6.683