- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analyses of Structural Performances for Reinforced Concrete Middle-Rise Residential Building under Construction
중층 규모 철근콘크리트 주거형 건물의 시공 중 구조성능 분석
- Received : 2019.08.01
- Accepted : 2019.08.28
- Published : 2019.09.01
Middle-rise reinforced concrete residential buildings account for a large portion of the Korea, and structural performance analysis are needed for problems that could occur during the construction of such buildings. Thus, a middle-rise reinforced concrete residential building with 25 stories are selected as a sample model for structural performance analysis. The structural analyses are performed by dividing a sample model into the construction stage models of the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th and 25th floors and the completion stage models with the design completed. For the comparisons of structural performances, Eigenvalue analysis results and lateral-load-resisting capabilities and structural design performances of structural members are analyzed. As a result of analyses, it was confirmed that both the construction and completion stage do not exceed KBC criteria limits at the lateral displacement and story drift ratio, and structural design performances of structural members confirm structural safety in all components except for some members of the wall. Therefore, it was concluded that if structural stability is obtained during the completion stage of a middle-rise reinforced concrete residential building, structural stability is secured under construction.
Reinforced Concrete;Construction Sequence Analysis;Structural Performances;Residential Building
Supported by : 한국토지주택공사(LH), 광운대학교
- American Society of Civil Engineers (2002) Design Loads on Structures During Construction, (ASCE 37-02), 36.
- Architectural Institution of Korea (2015) Korean Architectural Standard Specification. Architectural Institution of Korea, Korea
- Architectural Institution of Korea (2016) Korean Building Code and Commentary. Architectural Institution of Korea, Korea
- Choe, M.M., Eom, T.S., Kim, J.Y. (2013) An Analysis of Structural Behaviors during Construction for Twisted High-Rise Steel Buildings, Jounal of the Architectural Institute of Korea (Structure), 29(12), .45-53.
- Eom, T.S., Kim, J.Y. (2009) An Application of Construction Sequence Analysis for Checking Structural Stability of High-Rise Building under Construction, Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 22(3), pp.211-221.
- Hwang, Y.J, Kim, J.Y. (2015) Analses of Structure Performaces for RC High-Rise Residential Complex Building under Construction, Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 28(10), 19-27 https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2015.28.1.19
- Jayasinghe, M.T.R., Jayasena, W.M.V.P.K. (2004) Effect of Axial Shortening of Columns on Design and Construction of Tall Reinforced Concrete Buildings, Practice. Periodical on Structural Engineering 9(2), 70-78 https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0680(2004)9:2(70)
- Kim, J.Y (2016), Effects of Delayed Construction of Outrigger Joints on Lateral-Load-Resisting Capabilities of RC High-Rise Buildings under Construction, Jounal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 36(1), 3-10
- Kwak, H.G., Kim, K.J. (2006) Time-dependent Analysis of RC Frame Structures Considering Construction Sequences, Building and Environment, 41(10), 1423-1434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2005.05.013
- MIDAS (2019) MIDAS Structural Technical Lecture Series
- Rosowsky, D.V. (1995) Estimation of design loads for resuced reference periods, Structural Safety, 17(1), 17-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-4730(94)00037-Q