- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Effect of Shear Wall Stiffness on Optimal Location of Core and Offset Outrigger Considering Floor Diaphragm
바닥 격막을 고려한 코어 및 오프셋 아웃리거 구조의 최적위치에 대한 전단벽 강성의 영향
- Kim, Hyong-Kee (Department of Architectural Engineering, Kangwon National University)
- 김형기 (강원대학교 공학대학 건설융합학부)
- Received : 2019.04.23
- Accepted : 2019.06.24
- Published : 2019.09.01
The study purposed to investigate the optimal location of core and offset outrigger system considering floor diaphragm. To accomplish this aim, a structure design of 70 stories building was performed by using MIDAS-Gen. And the leading factors of the analysis research were the slab stiffness, the stiffness of shear wall and the outrigger position in plan. Based on the analysis results, we analyzed and studied the influences of the shear wall stiffness and the slab stiffness on optimal location of core and offset outrigger considering floor diaphragm. The results of the analysis study indicated whether the slab stiffness, the stiffness of shear wall and the outrigger position in plan had an any impact on optimal location in outrigger system of tall building. Also the paper results can give help in getting the structural engineering materials for looking for the optimal position of outrigger system in the high-rise building.
Outrigger system;Optimal location;Floor diaphragm;Slab stiffness;Shear wall stiffness
- Architectural Institute of Korea (2016), Korean Building Code-Structural, (in Korean).
- Jung, D. (1999). Optimum Outrigger Location for Outrigger Braced Structures with Stiffness Varying Linearly along the Height, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 15(2), 55-62 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. (2013). Structural Analysis on Investigation of Optimum Location of Outrigger System in High-rise Building, Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, 15(4), 85-92 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. (2015). Comparative Analysis on Influence of Structure Elements on Optimal Location of One-Outrigger System, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance & Inspection of Korea, 19(2), 22-32 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. (2017a). Effect of Shear Wall Stiffness on Optimal Location of Outrigger in Offset Outrigger System of High-rise Building, Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, 19(3), 95-102 (in Korean).
- Kim, H. (2017b). Investigation of Optimal Outrigger Location of High-rise Offset Outrigger System, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance & Inspection of Korea, 21(6), 16-24 (in Korean).
- Midas IT. (2018). MIDAS GEN, Analysis & Design.
- Smith, B., Salim, I. (1981). Parameter Study of Outrigger-braced Tall Building Structures, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers, 107(10), 2001-2014.
- Taranath, B. (1997). Steel, Concrete & Composite Design of Tall Building, McGraw-Hill, 445-459.