- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Coating Thickness of Surface Modified Aggregate by Using the Excess Paste Theory and Rheology Value
잉여 페이스트 이론과 레올로지 정수를 이용한 표면 개질골재의 피막두께 평가에 관한 연구
- Received : 2018.12.05
- Accepted : 2019.01.08
- Published : 2019.09.01
This study applies to the surface modification technique by coating the surface of aggregates using the modified paste such as cementitious materials in order to develop completely recycling technology of coarse aggregate. In this case, coating thickness of modified aggregate can be considered that the decision is dependent on the viscosity and tenacity of modified paste. In this study identify the flow properties of the fresh modified paste, and examined for the coating thickness of modified aggregate. As a result, it was possible to design a quantitative coating thickness of modified paste assuming that a modified paste to a Bingham Fluid and consider by excess paste theory and rheology constant (yield value). Accordingly, it is considered that the quantitative mix design of concrete using by surface modified aggregates will be possible.
Coating thickness of modified aggregate;Excess paste theory;Modification paste;Rheology;Yield value
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Noguchi, T. and Tamura M. (2001), Concrete design toward complete recycling, Structural Concrete, 2(3), 155-167 https://doi.org/10.1680/stco.2001.2.3.155
- Noguchi, T. (2008), Resource recycling in concrete (Present and future), Stock Management for Sustainable Urban Regeneration, Springer
- Ei-ichi, T., Tetsurou, K. (1990), Mechanism and Effects of Double Mixing on Properties of Cement Paste, The journal of Materials of JAPAN, 39(442), 175-181.
- Choi, H.S., Kitagaki, R., Noguchi, T. (2012), A Study on the Completely Recovery of Surface Modification Aggregate using Microwave, Proceedings of the japan concrete institute, 34(1), 1582-1587.
- Choi, H.S., Kitagaki, R., Noguchi, T. (2014), Effective Recycling of Surface Modification Aggregate using Microwave Heating, Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 12(1), 34-45. https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.12.34
- Tsujino, M., Noguchi, T., Tamura, M., Kanematsu, M., Maruyama, I. (2007), Application of Conventionally Recycled Coarse Aggregate to Concrete Structure by Surface Modification Treatment, Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 5(1), 13-25. https://doi.org/10.3151/jact.5.13
- Oh, S.G. (1999), Rheology evaluation and flow design of high flowing concrete, Ph.D Dissertation, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
- Kennedy, C.T. (1940), The design of concrete mixes, Proceedings of the American Concrete Institute, 36(2), 373-400.
- Miyake, J., Matsushita, H. (2008), Estimation of the sand percentage for the largest deformability of fresh concrete at any water cement ratio, Journal of Japan Society of Civil Engineers, 64(2), 361-370.
- TEMPLE C.PATTON. (1971), Paint Flow and Pigment Dispersion (Japanese), 84-119.
- Beddow, J.K. (1980), Particulate Science and Technology, Chemical Publishing Company, New York.
- Katoh, J.K. (1965), The relationship and related problems in the concrete mix design and workability, The annual report of Cement and Concrete Engineering, 333-337.