- Volume 55 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on the turning-motion of T/S SAEBADA in shallow water
실습선 새바다호의 천수역 선회운동에 관한 연구
- KIM, Su-Hyung (Div. of Navigation Science, Korea Maritime and Ocean University) ;
- LEE, Chun-Ki (Div. of Navigation Science, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2019.06.25
- Accepted : 2019.08.07
- Published : 2019.08.31
The authors has predicted the maneuvering characteristics of a fishing vessel in deep water using Kijima's empirical formula in a previous study. Since the Kijima's empirical formula was developed by a regression analysis of merchant vessels which have dimensions (
Turning-motion;Empirical formula;Model ship;Fisheries training ship;Shallow water
- IMO MSC 76/23. 2002. Resolution MSC 137(76), "Standards for Ship Manoeuvrability" Report of the Maritime Safety Committee on Its 76th Session-Annex 6, 1-6.
- International Towing Tank Conference. 2003. Manoeuvring in Shallow and Confined Water. Preoceedings. 23rd ITTC 1. 201-209.
- Kijima K, Katsuno T, Nakiri Y and Furukawa Y. 1990a. On the manoeuvring performance of a ship with the parameter of loading condition. Journal of The Society of Naval Architects of Japan 168, 141-148.
- Kijima K, Katsuno T, Nakiri Y. 1990b. Prediction Method of ship Manoeuvrability in deep and shallow waters. Proceedings. MARSIM & ICSM 90, 311.
- Kijima K and Nakiri Y. 2004. On the Practical Prediction Method for Ship Manoeuvrability in Restricted Water. The journal of west-Japan society of Naval Architects 107, 37-54.
- Korea Maritime Safety Tribunal (KMST). 2018. Statistical data of maritime accidents and casualty. Retrieved from https://www.kmst.go.kr/kmst/statistics/annualReport/selectAnnualReportList.do. Accessed 2 Mar 2018.
- Lee CK, Kim SH, Lee JG, Lee SM and Kim MS. 2018. A study on the characteristics of manoeuvrability of fishing vessel. J Korean Soc Fish Ocean Technol 54, 239-245. (DOI:10.3796/KSFOT. 2018.54.3.239). https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.3.239
- Yoshimura Y and Masumoto Y. 2011. Hydrodynamic Force with Medium High Speed Merchant ships Including Fishing Vessels and Investigation into a Manoeuvring Prediction Method. The jounal of the Japan society of Naval Architect and Ocean Engineering 14, 63-73. (DOI:10.2534/jjasnaoe.14.63). https://doi.org/10.2534/jjasnaoe.14.63
- Yoshimura Y and Yasukawa H. 2015. Introduction of MMG standard method for ship maneuvering predictions. Journal of Marine Science and Technology 20, 37-52. (DOI:10.1007/s00773-014-0293-y). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-014-0293-y
- Yoon JD. 2002. Theory and Practice of Ship Manoeuvring. Sejong Publishing Co, 77.