- Volume 55 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Distribution of ichthyoplankton in the West coastal waters of Korea
서해연안 해역에 분포하는 부유성 난 및 자치어의 분포특성
- YOUN, Byoung-Il (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- LEE, Seung-Jong (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- SOHN, Myoung-Ho (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- HAN, Song-hun (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, Jeju Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- LEE, Hyung-been (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- KIM, Maeng-jin (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, West Sea Fisheries Research Institute) ;
- HAN, Kyung-Ho (Chonnam National University, Department of Aqualife Science)
- 윤병일 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 이승종 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 손명호 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 한송헌 (국립수산과학원 제주수산연구소) ;
- 이형빈 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 김맹진 (국립수산과학원 서해수산연구소) ;
- 한경호 (전남대학교 수산과학과)
- Received : 2019.04.11
- Accepted : 2019.07.26
- Published : 2019.08.31
The ichthyoplanktons were sampled by Bongo net to study the distribution of the eggs and larvae in the West coastal waters of Korea during the study period (February, May, August and October of 2017). Collected fish eggs were divided into Engraulis japonicus and unidentified species. The most dominant species, Engraulis japonicus accounted for 79.52% of the total fish egg, which was followed by unidentified species (20.48%). The total of 36 taxa in fish larvae were identified based on morphological and molecular characteristics. Fish larvae were dominant by Gobiidae species. 48.30% of the total catch in abundance, which was followed by Engraulis japonicus (31.86%). These two taxa composed 80.16% of the total collected fish larvae. The seasonal diversity index of species from the collected fish larvae in the West coastal waters in 2017 was 0.625-1.883 and the evenness index was 0.380-0.865. In addition, dominance index was 0.618-0.920 and richness was 0.573-3.189.
West coastal waters;Species composition;Bongo net;Dominant species
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Cha SS and Shim JH. 1987. Articles: Seasonal variation of the pelagic fish egg community in the mid-east coastal waters of the Yellow Sea, 184-193.
- Cho SH. 2011. Summer distribution of Ichthyoplankton in the coastal waters of western Korea. Kunsan University of Korea, 53.
- Clarke KR and Warwick RM. 1944. Changes in marine communities: an approach to statistical analysis and interpretation, natural environment research council, plymouth marine laboratory, plymouth UK, 144.
- Han CH. 2000. Distribution of fish eggs and larvae in the coastal waters near Inchon, 55.
- Han SH, Kim MJ, Kim JS and Song CB, 2017. Molecular identification and bimonthly abundance of fish eggs collected in the coastal waters of Sagye, Jejudo Island. Fish Aquat Sci 50, 830-831.
- Hempel G. 1979. Early life history of maine fish. Univ. of Washington Press, Washington, 70.
- Hjort J. 1926. Fructuations in the year classes of important food fishes. (DOI:5-38.10.1093/icesjms/1.1.5). https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/1.1.5
- Kim SA. 1991. Marine resource evaluation, Woo Sung Publishing Co. 175.
- Kim JK, Kang CB, Kim YU, An G, Daiju O and Osame T. 2005. Distribution of fish larvae and juveniles in the East China Sea and the Yellow Sea in spring during 1994-1997. Bull Korean Fish Soc 38, 29-38.
- KORDI. 1998. Yellow Sea large marine ecosystem 53-55.
- Lee TW. 1991. The demersal fishes of Asan Bay, I. Optimal sample size. Bull Korean Fish Soc 24, 248-254.
- Lee TW. 1996. Change in species composition of fishes in Chonsu Bay. I. Demersal fish. J Korean Fish Soc 31, 654-664.
- NIBR. 2011. Fish species of Korea. In: National Institute of Biological Resources, Environment of Ministry, National list of species of Korea (Vertebrates), 3-189.
- Nelson JS. 2006. Fishes of the world (3rd ed.). John Wiley & Sons, New York, 550.
- Margalef DR. 1958. Information theory in ecology. gen. syst 36-71.
- McNaughton S.J. 1967. Relation ship among functional properties of califonia grassland, nature 216, 114-168.
- Okiyama M (ed.). 2014. An atlas of the early stage fishes in Japan. Tokai University Press Tokyo, 1154.
- Park C. 1990. Day-night differences in zooplankton. catches in the coastal area of active tidal mixing. J Oceanol Soc Korea 25, 151-159.
- Park MJ. 1995. Seasonal variation in the distribution of the ichthyoplankton in Asan Bay. 44.
- Pielou EM. 1966. The measurement of diversity in different types of biological collection. J Theoret Biol 13, 131-144. (DOI:10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0). https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5193(66)90013-0
- Saville A andD Schnack. 1981. Some thoughts on the current status of studies of fish egg and larval distribution and abundance, 153-157.
- Shannon CE and Wiener W. 1963. The mathematical theory of communication. urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press, 125.
- Smith PE and Richardson SL. 1977. Standard techiques for fish egg and larve surveys. FAO fisheries technical paper 175, 100.