- Volume 20 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Relationship between Big-five Personality Factors and Creativity Convergence Competency of Undergraduate Students
대학생 성격 5요인과 창의융합역량 간의 관계 분석
- Park, Ji-Young (Department of Early Childhood Education, Seojeong University)
- 박지영 (서정대학교 유아교육과)
- Received : 2019.05.14
- Accepted : 2019.08.02
- Published : 2019.08.31
This study was undertaken to analyze the relationship between the Big-five personality factors of undergraduate students and Creativity Convergence Competency. Totally, 511 students attending private colleges in G province were surveyed for their competences. Using the SPSS 22.0 program, all collected data were analyzed by one-way ANOVA, Pearson's correlation analysis, and regression analysis. The following results were obtained. First, personality extraversion and Creativity Convergence Competency differed in all the major factors examined. Second, higher the interpersonal abilities, higher was the ability of core convergence. Third, extraversion and sincerity among the Big-five personality factors were significant predictors of Creativity Convergence Competency. In conclusion, we found that the Big-five personality factors are important to be considered for strengthening the competence of students.
- J. W. Ko, "Development and utilization of Sungkyunkwan Core Capability Diagnostics Tool (SCCA)" 2nd Annual Capacity-Based Education Symposium. Sungkyunkwan University's College Education Effectiveness Center and Academic Education Advancement Business Group, 2012.
- The Department of Education, A Study on the Comprehensive Development of Higher Education. The Department of Education University Support Office, 2013.
- Y. M. Kim, "The Development of Competency-Based Extracurricular and its Operating System for developing creative-convergent talent" Journal of korea institute of information and communication engineering, Vol.20, No.10, pp.1987-1993, 2016. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.10.1987
- C. Y. Kim, "Development and Validation of Creativity Confluence Competency Test for University Students" The Doctoral Dissertation on Soongsil University, 2017.
- C. Y. Kim, "Recognition and Needs of University Students about Creativity Convergence Education" Journal of the Integrated Curriculum, Vol.12, No.3, pp.149-174, 2018. https://doi.org/10.35304/JCI.12.3.07
- C. Y. Kim, & J. M. Tea, "Comparison and analysis of the differences in creativity convergence competency of university students to develop a creativity convergence instruction" Journal of the Integrated Curriculum, Vol.11, No.4, pp.145-164, 2017.
- H. Y. Kim, & S. J. Lee, "Application Plans of Competence Assessment : Focusing on the Connection between Assessment and Curriculum" Journal of the Liberal Education, Vol.7, No.4, pp.139-172, 2013.
- C. W. Nam, Y. H. Park, & J. H. Song, "Analysis of The Differences of College Students" Non-cognitive Core Competencies by Their Majors and Grades : Focusing on Self-Management Competency and Interpersonal Relations Competency" Journal of the Accident Development, Vol.12, No.3, pp.91-118, 2016.
- S. M. Park, "Analysis of Core Competencies as An Element of Vocational Ability" Journal of the Occupational Education Research, Vol.30, No.3, pp.327-351, 2011.
- Y. M. Park, "MBTI Personality Type and Core Competence of Undergraduate Police Administration Students" Journal of Governance of Korea, Vol.19, No.3, pp.221-239, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17089/kgr.2012.19.3.010
- P. G. Baek, "A Study on the Relationships and Characteristics between Korean Collegiate Essential Skills and Undergraduates' Individual Variant Factors" Journal of Liberal Education, Vol.7, No.3, pp.349-387, 2013.
- T. J. Sung, S. H. Kim, & K. S. Kim, "A Study on the Selection and Questionnaire Development of Job Foundation for University Students-Development of Comprehensive Test for Vocational Training in College Students(Development of Interpersonal Inspection and the Measurement of Comprehensive Thinking Capacity)" The Department of Education, 2007.
- E. H. Sung, M. K. Shin, & Y. Y. Han, "Personality and Creativity of Students" The Major of Early Childhood Education and Architecture, Vol.13, No.2, pp.119-139, 2013.
- K. H. Lee, & K. H. Lee, "The Effect of Creativity Convergence Competency and Creative Leadership on Self-Directed Learning" Global Creative Leader, Vol.8, No.2, pp.45-60, 2018.
- G. W. Lee, Y. H. Kim, C. S. Kim, R. D. Ryu, & Y. S. Baek, "World-changing ideas: Interdisciplinary Forum Report. Korea Institute of Industrial Technology Promotion" 2010.
- K. W. Lee, O. S. Shin, D. K. Kim, & J. M. Tae, "Comparison of University Students' Key Competencies and Creative Attitudes for Convergence Education based on Key Competencies" Journal of the comprehensive study of education, Vol.13, No.2, pp.1-24, 2015.
- K. H. Lee, O. S. Shin, & C. Y. Kim, "A study of strategies for creativity convergence education based on creative competency through research on creativity and creative leadership of university students" Journal of the Educational Psychology, Vol.29, No.4, pp.653-676, 2015.
- J. M. Lee, "Reconfiguration of creativity concept. Future Education Committee of the Korean Educational Development Institute" 2010.
- S. Y. Jang, "Policy Status and Future Direction for Creating Creative Talents" The HRD Review, Vol.17, No.1, pp.114-126, 2014.
- D. R. Jean, "The Relationship between the Big Five Personality Factor and Holland's Vocational Personality Type of University Students" Ewha Womans University Graduate School Master's thesis, 2016.
- H. J. Cho, Y. M. Ko, J. Y. Yoon, & Y. M. Shin. "An Analysis on the Influence of Self-Effectiveness on Key Capabilities by the Characteristics of University Students" Journal of the Core Competence Education Association of Korea, Vol.11, No.1, pp.3-38, 2014.
- B. H. Ha, K. Y. Kim, Y. S. Park, S. W. Song, & H. A. Ahn, "The Influence of University Students' Key Competencies on School Life and Academic Life" Journal of the Core Competence Education Association of Korea, Vol.1, No.3, pp.5-24, 2017.
- F. De Fruyt, M. Bartels, K. G. Van Leeuwen, B. De Clercq, M. Decuyper, & I. Mervielde, "Five types of personality continuity in childhood and adolescence" Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.91, No.-, pp538-552, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.528 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2068
- A. D. De Hann, M. Dekovic, A. L. van den Akker, S. E. M. J. Stoltz, & P. Prinzie, "Developmental Personality Types From Childhood to Adolescence" Associations With Parenting and Adjustment. Child Development, Vol.84, No.6, pp.1-16, 2013.
- J. Hawkins, "The creative economy: How people make money from ideas" London: Penguin, 2007.
- T. A. Klimstra, W. W. H. Hale, Q. A. W. Ill, Raaijmakers, S. J. T. Branje, & W. H. J. Meeus, "A developmental typology of adolescent personality" European Journal of Personality, Vol.24, No.-, pp.309-323, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/per.744 https://doi.org/10.1002/per.744
- R. B. Kline, "Principles and practice of structural equation modeling (3rd ed.)" New York: The Guilford Press, 2011.
- M. E. Lamb, S. S. Chuang, H. Wessels, A. G. Broberg, & C. P. Hwang, "Emergence and construct validation of the big five factors in early childhood: A longitudinal analysis of their ontogeny in Sweden" Child Development, Vol.73, No.-, pp.1517-1524, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00487 https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8624.00487
- OECD "The definition and selection of key competencies: Executive summary" Pares: OECD Press, 2005.
- G. Ortet, M. I. Ibanez, J. Moya, H. Villa, A. Viruela, & L. Mezquita, "Assessing the five factors of personality in adolescents" The junior version of the Spanish NEO-PI-R. Assessment, Vol.19, No.1, pp.114-130, 2012.
- L. A. Pervin, "The Science of personality(2nd ed.)" New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- P. Prinzie, & M. Dekovic, "Continuity and change of childhood personality characteristics through the lens of teachers" Personality and Individual Differences, Vol.45, No.-, pp.82-88, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2008.03.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2008.03.002
- P. Perrenound, "Developing competencies or teaching knowledge? The school that prepares for life" Porto Alegre, RS: Editora Penso, 2013.
- R. M. Ryckman, "The Personality Psychology(Jang, Moon-sun, Kwak, Ho-wan, Ko Jae-hong, Jeon, Jong-guk, & Lee, Young-soon)" Seoul: Parkhaksa, 2013.
- J. W. Santrock, "A topical approach to life-span development(6th ed.)" New York:McGraw Hill, 2012.
- L. Stoll, & K. S. Louis, "Professional learning communities." New York: Open University Press, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4324/9781315164564-3
- M. Gorman, "Trading zones and interactional expertise: creating new kinds of collaboration." London: MIT Press, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7551/mitpress/8351.003.0003
- D. S. Ryu, "Deveopment and validation of the diagnostic test for convergence ability for creativity." The Graduate School on Chung-Buk University, 2018.
- K. J. Kim, "The mediating effects of self-reflection on the relation between reading activity and creativity convergence competency in university students." The Graduate School on Chung-Ang University, 2019.
- D. H. Kim, "A study on creativity.integrated thinking ability and problem solving ability of elementary school students : with ill-structured problems in math education." The Graduate School on Ewha Womans University, 2018.
- P. T. Costa, & R. P. McCrae, "Normal personality assessment in clinical practice: The NEO Perconality Inventory." Psychological Assessment, Vol.4, No.1, pp.5-13, 1992. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037//1040-35220.127.116.11 https://doi.org/10.1037/1040-3518.104.22.168