- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Tracking-by-Detection System for Pedestrian Tracking Using Deep Learning Technique and Color Information
- Truong, Mai Thanh Nhat (Dept. of Electrical, Electronic, and Control Engineering, Hankyong National University) ;
- Kim, Sanghoon (Dept. of Electrical, Electronic, and Control Engineering, Hankyong National University)
- Received : 2019.02.01
- Accepted : 2019.03.08
- Published : 2019.08.31
Pedestrian tracking is a particular object tracking problem and an important component in various vision-based applications, such as autonomous cars and surveillance systems. Following several years of development, pedestrian tracking in videos remains challenging, owing to the diversity of object appearances and surrounding environments. In this research, we proposed a tracking-by-detection system for pedestrian tracking, which incorporates a convolutional neural network (CNN) and color information. Pedestrians in video frames are localized using a CNN-based algorithm, and then detected pedestrians are assigned to their corresponding tracklets based on similarities between color distributions. The experimental results show that our system is able to overcome various difficulties to produce highly accurate tracking results.
Color Distribution;Convolutional Neural Network;Pedestrian Tracking;Tracking-by-Detection
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- C. Sutheerakul, N. Kronprasert, M. Kaewmoracharoen, and P. Pichayapan, "Application of unmanned aerial vehicles to pedestrian traffic monitoring and management for shopping streets," Transportation Research Procedia, vol. 25, pp. 1717-1734, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trpro.2017.05.131
- K. V. Sriram and R. H. Havaldar, "Human detection and tracking in video surveillance system," in Proceedings of 2016 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, Chennai, India, 2016, pp. 1-3.
- F. Li, R. Zhang, and F. You, "Fast pedestrian detection and dynamic tracking for intelligent vehicles within V2V cooperative environment," IET Image Processing, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 833-840, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-ipr.2016.0931
- A. W. M. Smeulders, D. M. Chu, R. Cucchiara, S. Calderara, A. Dehghan, and M. Shah, "Visual tracking: an experimental survey," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1442-1468, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2013.230
- A. Yilmaz, O. Javed, and M. Shah, "Object tracking: a survey," ACM Computing Survey, vol. 38, no. 4, article no. 13, 2006.
- A. Dehghan, H. Idrees, A. R. Zamir, and M. Shah, "Automatic detection and tracking of pedestrians in videos with various crowd densities," in Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics 2012. Cham: Springer, 2014, pp. 3-19.
- J. Zhu, H. Yang, N. Liu, M. Kim, W. Zhang, and M. H. Yang, "Online multi-object tracking with dual matching attention networks," in Computer Vision - ECCV 2018. Cham: Springer, 2018, pp. 366-382.
- Y. Jiang, H. Shin, J. Ju, and H. Ko, "Online pedestrian tracking with multi-stage re-identification," in Proceedings of 2017 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, Lecce, Italy, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- N. Yu, Z. Yu, F. Gu, T. Li, X. Tian, and Y. Pan, "Deep learning in genomic and medical image data analysis: challenges and approaches," Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 204-214, 2017.
- X. Feng, "Infrared and visible image fusion based on NSCT and deep learning," Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1405-1419, 2018.
- Z. Jiang, S. Gao, and W. Dai, "A CTR prediction approach for text advertising based on the SAE-LR deep neural network," Journal of Information Processing Systems, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1052-1070, 2017.
- S. D. You, C. Liu, and W. Chen, "Comparative study of singing voice detection based on deep neural networks and ensemble learning," Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 8, no. 1, article no. 34, 2018.
- S. Ren, K. He, R. B. Girshick, and J. Sun, "Faster R-CNN: towards real-time object detection with region proposal networks," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 1137-1149, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2016.2577031
- K. He, X. Zhang, S. Ren, and J. Sun, "Deep residual learning for image recognition," in Proceedings of 2016 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Las Vegas, NV, 2016, pp. 770-778.
- J. Huang, V. Rathod, C. Sun, M. Zhu, A. Korattikara, A. Fathi, et al., "Speed/accuracy trade-offs for modern convolutional object detectors," in Proceedings of 2017 IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, Honolulu, HI, 2017, pp. 3296-3297.
- E. Bochinski, V. Eiselein, and T. Sikora, "High-speed tracking-by-detection without using image information," in Proceedings of 2017 14th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, Lecce, Italy, 2017, pp. 1-6.
- M. T. N. Truong and S. Kim, "Parallel implementation of color-based particle filter for object tracking in embedded systems," Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, vol. 7, article no. 2, 2017.
- T. Vojir, "Tracking Dataset," 2017 [Online]. Available: http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/-vojirtom/dataset/.
- M. Kristan, A. Leonardis, J. Matas, M. Felsberg, R. Pflugfelder, L. Cehovin Zajc, et al., "The sixth visual object tracking vot2018 challenge results," in Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Munich, Germany, 2018, pp. 3-53.
- L. Leal-Taixe, A. Milan, I. Reid, S. Roth, and K. Schindler, "Motchallenge 2015: towards a benchmark for multi-target tracking," 2015 [Online]. Available: https://arxiv.org/abs/1504.01942.