- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Information Dissemination Model of Microblogging with Internet Marketers
- Xu, Dongliang (School of Mechanical, Electrical & Information Engineering, Shandong University) ;
- Pan, Jingchang (School of Mechanical, Electrical & Information Engineering, Shandong University) ;
- Wang, Bailing (School of Mechatronics Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology) ;
- Liu, Meng (School of Mechanical, Electrical & Information Engineering, Shandong University) ;
- Kang, Qinma (School of Mechanical, Electrical & Information Engineering, Shandong University)
- Received : 2017.11.15
- Accepted : 2018.02.08
- Published : 2019.08.31
Microblogging services (such as Twitter) are the representative information communication networks during the Web 2.0 era, which have gained remarkable popularity. Weibo has become a popular platform for information dissemination in online social networks due to its large number of users. In this study, a microblog information dissemination model is presented. Related concepts are introduced and analyzed based on the dynamic model of infectious disease, and new influencing factors are proposed to improve the susceptible-infective-removal (SIR) information dissemination model. Correlation analysis is conducted on the existing information dissemination risk and the rumor dissemination model of microblog. In this study, web hyper is used to model rumor dissemination. Finally, the experimental results illustrate the effectiveness of the method in reducing the rumor dissemination of microblogs.
Information Dissemination;Microblog;Rumor Spread;Web Hyper
Supported by : National Natural Science of China, Shandong Provincial Natural Science Foundation
- S. Cohen, L. Ebel, and B. Kimelfeld, "A social network database that learns how to answer queries," in Proceedings of the 6th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR), Asilomar, CA, 2013, pp. 1-4.
- S. Wu, J. M. Hofman, W. A. Mason, and D. J. Watts, "Who says what to whom on twitter," in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on World Wide Web, Hyderabad, India, 2011, pp. 705-714.
- Z. Tian and Q Zhang, "Empirical analysis of microblog information flow features based on complex network theory," Advanced Information Sciences and Service Sciences, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 163-171, 2012.
- L. Yu, S. Asur, and B. A. Huberman, "What trends in Chinese social media," in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Social Network Mining and Analysis (SNAKDD 2011), San Diego, CA, 2011.
- C. Yi, Y. Bao, Y. Xue, and J. Jiang, "Research on mechanism of large-scale information dissemination based on Sina Weibo," Journal of Frontiers of Computer Science and Technology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 551-561, 2013.
- A. Guille and H. Hacid, "A predictive model for the temporal dynamics of information diffusion in online social networks," in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on World Wide Web, Lyon, France, 2012, pp. 1145-1152.
- K. Xu, S. Zhang, H. Chen, and H. T. Li, "Measurement and analysis of online social networks," Chinese Journal of Computers, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 165-188, 2014.
- D. Liben-Nowell and J. Kleinberg, "Tracing information flow on a global scale using Internet chain-letter data," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 105, no. 12, pp. 4633-4638, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0708471105
- Z. Ma, Y. Zhou, and J. Wu, Modeling and Dynamics of Infectious Diseases. Beijing, China: Higher Education Press, 2009.
- W. O. Kermack and A. G. McKendrick, "A contribution to the mathematical theory of epidemics," Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 115, no. 772, pp. 700-721, 1927. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1927.0118
- Y. C. Zhang, Y. Liu, H. F. Zhang, H. Cheng, and F. Xiong, "The research of information dissemination model on online social network," Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 60, no. 5, article no. 050501, 2011.
- W. Zhang, Y. Ye, H. Tan, Q. Dai, and T. Li, "Information diffusion model based on social network," in Proceedings of the 2012 International Conference of Modern Computer Science and Applications. Heidelberg: Springer, 2013, pp. 145-150.
- B. Xu and L. Liu, "Information diffusion through online social networks," in Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Emergency Management and Management Sciences, Beijing, China, 2010, pp. 53-56.
- E. Bakshy, I. Rosenn, C. Marlow, and L. Adamic, "The role of social networks in information diffusion," in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on World Wide Web, Lyon, France, 2012, pp. 519-528.
- K. Starbird and L. Palen, "(How) will the revolution be retweeted? Information diffusion and the 2011 Egyptian uprising," in Proceedings of the ACM 2012 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Seattle, WA, 2012, pp. 7-16.
- Y. Matsubara, Y. Sakurai, B. A. Prakash, L. Li, and C. Faloutsos, "Rise and fall patterns of information diffusion: model and implications," in Proceedings of the 18th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Beijing, China, 2012, pp. 6-14.
- D. Liu and X. Chen, "Rumor propagation in online social networks like twitter: a simulation study," in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Multimedia Information Networking and Security, Shanghai, China, 2011, pp. 278-282.
- X. Xu, Y. Xiao, and S. Zhu, "Simulation investigation of rumor propagation in microblogging community," Computer Engineering, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 272-274, 2011.
- H. Duan, "Identify Souce of Rumor Spread in Complex Large Scale Network," M.S. thesis, City University of Hong Kong, 2015.
- R. Y. Tian and Y. J. Liu, "Isolation, insertion, and reconstruction: three strategies to intervene in rumor spread based on supernetwork model," Decision Support Systems, vol. 67, pp. 121-130, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2014.09.001
- H. Wang, Y. Li, Z. Feng, and L. Feng, "ReTweeting analysis and prediction in microblogs: an epidemic inspired approach," China Communications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 13-24, 2013.
- J. Yang and S. Counts, "Predicting the speed, scale, and range of information diffusion in twitter," in Proceedings of the 4th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, Washington, DC, 2010, pp. 355-358.
- Y. Kim, J. K. Kim, J. Seok, and B. D. Kim, "Information propagation modeling in a drone network using disease epidemic models," in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Vienna, Austria, 2016, pp. 79-81.
- S. Jena and M. Levine, "Information propagation in developmental enhancers," Bulletin of the American Physical Society (APS March Meeting), vol. 62, no. 4, abstract no. B4.12, 2017.
- S. Kong, L. Feng, G. Sun, and K. Luo, "Predicting lifespans of popular tweets in microblog," in Proceedings of the 35th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Portland, OR, 2012, pp. 1129-1130.
- D. Bhattacharya and S. Ram, "Sharing news articles using 140 characters: a diffusion analysis on Twitter," in Proceedings of 2012 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Istanbul, Turkey, 2012, pp. 966-971.
- I. L. Liu, C. M. Cheung, and M. K. Lee, "User satisfaction with microblogging: information dissemination versus social networking," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 56-70, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.23371
- W. X. Zhao, S. Li, Y. He, E. Y. Chang, J. R. Wen, and X. Li, "Connecting social media to e-commerce: coldstart product recommendation using microblogging information," IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1147-1159, 2015.
- M. Yu, W. Yang, W. Wang, and G. W. Shen, "Information influence measurement based on user quality and information attribute in microblogging," in Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Communication Software and Networks (ICCSN), Beijing, China, 2016, pp. 603-608.
- Y. Zhou, B. Zhang, X. Sun, Q. Zheng, and T. Liu, "Analyzing and modeling dynamics of information diffusion in microblogging social network," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 86, pp. 92-102, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2016.09.011
- D. Shen, X. Li, M. Xue, and W. Zhang, "Does microblogging convey firm-specific information? Evidence from China," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, vol. 482, pp. 621-626, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2017.04.058