- Volume 24 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Perceptions of Students toward Software Education according to School Level
- Kim, Seong-Won (KAIST Global Institute For Talented Education) ;
- Lee, Youngjun (Dept. of Computer Education, Korea National University of Education)
- Received : 2019.05.10
- Accepted : 2019.06.14
- Published : 2019.08.30
In this paper, we propose students' perception of software education according to the type of school. So, in this study, 47373 students were surveyed about the perception of SW education, and the results of the questionnaire were analyzed according to school type, gender, school level, experience of software education and event, and duration of software education experience. As a result, students attending software education lead schools showed the highest perception about software education, followed by software education research school and general school. In gender, males were more positive than females. The level of satisfaction and effectiveness of software education in school level was higher as the school level was lower, but the perception and career area of software education was higher as the school level was higher. In addition, software training and event experience have a positive effect on students' perception of software education, and the perception of software education changes positively as the duration of software education increases.
- Swkim, and yjlee, "The Effect of Robot Programming Education on Attitudes towards Robots," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 9, No. 24, Jun. 2016.
- Swkim, and yjlee, "Development and Application of Arduino-based Education Program for High School Students'," Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 95, No. 18, 2017.
- K. Schwab, The fourth industrial revolution. Currency, 2017.
- Swkim, and yjlee, “Development of a Software Education Curriculum for Secondary Schools,” Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 21, No. 8, pp. 127-141, Aug. 2016 https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2016.21.8.127
- Jssung, and hckim, “Analysis on the International Comparison of Computer Education in Schools,” The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 45-54, Jan. 2015.
- Swkim, and yjlee, “Development of Project-based Robot Education Program for Enhancing Interest toward Robots and Computational Thinking of Elementary School Students,” Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 247-255, Jan. 2019. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2019.24.01.247
- Ugjung, and yjlee, "SW Education in Secondary School and Implementation Cases," Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 16-21, Nov. 2018.
- Ikyoon, and hskim, “Analysis of Status and Trend in Software Education : Focused on Educational Technology Survey(2014 - 2016),” JOURNAL OF The Korean Association of information Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 71-80, Jan. 2018.
- Swkim, and yjlee, "A Study of Educational Method using App Inventor for Elementary computing education," Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 95, No. 18, 2017.
- Swkim, and yjlee, “The Changes of Self-efficacy Beliefs of Pre-service Teachers for Technology Integration through Programming-based TPACK Educational Program,” Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 185-193, Apr. 2019. https://doi.org/10.9708/JKSCI.2019.24.04.185
- Hypark, and shahn, "Analysis of Gender Difference on Thinking about SW Education of Elementary and Middle School Student - Focusing on SW Education Research School-," Journal of Creative Information Culture, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 65-72, Aug. 2017
- Shahn, “Analysis on the Difference of Student's Thinking for SW Education according to Background Variable,” The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 37-45, Nov. 2017.
- Shkim, and skhan, "A Perception on SW Education of Students with Scratch-Day," JOURNAL OF The Korean Association of information Education, Vol. 1, No. 1, 1-10, Jan. 2017.
- Swkim, and yjlee, “An Analysis of Effectiveness of Software Education in Korea,” The Proceeding of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 185-186, Dec. 2018.
- Cklee, jcjo, and hckim, “A Study on Gender difference of SW recognition by Middle School students,” The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 11-20, Jan. 2019.
- J. M. Wing, “Computational thinking,” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 33-35, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1145/1118178.1118215
- Hskim, "A Study of the Direction for Developing Software Education Operating Guide," The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 16, pp. 529-548, 2016.
- Ministry of Education, Software Education Operation Guidelines, 2015.
- Jhseo, and cdkoo, "Analysis of Effectiveness of Software Education Research Schools," The Proceeding of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 263-284, Dec. 2018.
- Hypark, shahn, cmkim, and hjlim, “Analysis of Influencing Factors of Elementary School Students' Computational Thinking and SW Education Attitudes using 3-Level Multilevel Models,” The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 83-94, Nov. 2017.
- Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity. A Study on the Actual Conditions and the Effectiveness of Software(SW) Education Lead Schools, 2017.
- M. A. Rubio, R. Romero-Zaliz, C. Manoso, and P. Angel, "Closing the gender gap in an introductory programming course," Computers & Education, Vol. 82, pp. 409-420, Mar. 2015.
- L. L. Werner, B. Hanks, and C. McDowell, "Pair-programming helps female computer science students," Journal on Educational Resources in Computing, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2004.