- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of health-related quality of life factors in south Korean one-person households
한국 1인 가구의 건강관련 삶의 질 영향 요인 분석
- Gu, Hye-Ja (Department of Nursing Science, Kyungsung University)
- 구혜자 (경성대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2019.06.10
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate one-person household its health-related quality of life(HRQOL) using data from the seventh Korea national health and nutrition examination survey(KNHANES Ⅶ-2) 2017. The subjects were 301. The data were analyzed by frequency, descriptive analysis and linear regression analysis using SPSS complex samples Win 25 program. The HRQOL score was 0.92, and 2.5% of the subjects in the pain and discomfort area had severe problems. HRQOL related to the subject was 0.034, 0.039, and 0.031, respectively, when the household income level was lower, the education level was lower than elementary school graduates, and if they did not drink at present. HRQOL was 0.072, 0.065, 0.103, and 0.040 in perceived health status good or moderate, the absence of activity limitation and arthritis, was explained 43.1%. There is a need to develop interdisciplinary approaches with great interest in improving the one-person households HRQOL.
Korea national health and nutrition examination survey;Health related quality of life;One-person households;Complex sample;Quality of life
Supported by : Kyungsung University
- M. J. Park. (2019). Exploring the direction of home economics education in preparation for the generalization of a one-person household. Family and Environment Research, 57(1), 73-89. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6115/fer.2019.006 https://doi.org/10.6115/fer.2019.006
- Eurostat. (2019). Rising proportion of single person households in the EU. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-eurostat-news/-/DDN-20180706-1
- J. H. Kang. (2019). Fear of crime among one-person households. Journal of Korean Public Police and Security Studies, 15(4), 23-54. DOI: 10.25023/kapsa.15.4.2019.02.23
- Statistics Korea. (2018). Household projections statistical information report. Daejeon : Statistics Korea.
- Statistics Korea. (2019). 1 household(general household) per gender / age / residence period. http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=101&tblId=DT_1PR1507&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list
- S. M. Jun. (2018). Moderating effects of consumer competency on dietary life satisfaction among one-person households slassified by dietary lifestyle. Consumer Policy and Review, 14(4), 55-81. https://doi.org/10.15790/cope.2018.14.4.055
- H. W. Mun & N. M. Yang. (2019). Clustering by the levels of adult attachment, self-determined solitude, and loneliness, and group differences in depression, stress coping srategy, satisfaction with life among college students. The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 31(1), 129-154. https://doi.org/10.23844/kjcp.2019.02.31.1.129
- Y. Y. Hong, Y. A. Ju & I. S. Park. (2018). A study on the intention of one-person households selection in male and female university students. Korean Family Resource Management Association, 22(4), 75-87. https://doi.org/10.22626/jkfrma.2018.22.4.005
- S. M. Han & S. J. Lee. (2018). Quality of life of youth living alone: with the focus of social capital influence. The Journal of Convergence Society and Public Policy, 12(1), 60-85.
- S. H. Jeong, H. S. Kim & H. D. Jang. (2019). Predictors of health-related quality of life in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis survivors in Korea: based on the Korean national health and nutrition examination survey from 2013 to 2016. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 21(1), 495-512.
- Y. J. Son & E. J. Seo. (2019). An integrative review of health-related quality of life in patients with advanced heart failure. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 21(1), 22-36.
- D. E. Jang, Y. S. Jang, E. G. Oh & Y. G. Ko. (2018). Factors associated with health-related quality of life in patients with peripheral arterial disease. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 30(3), 266-276. DOI: 10.7475/kjan.2018.30.3.266 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2018.30.3.266
- E. Y. Park & H. R. Park. (2018). Factors influencing health-related quality of life among older Korean women with osteoporosis-using data from Korea national health and nutrition examination survey 2015 to 2016. The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, 21(2), 140-150. DOI: 10.7587/kjrehn.2018.140 https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2018.140
- K. Y. Lee & E. H. Cho. (2016). Factors influencing health related quality of life in patients with hypertension : based on the 5th Korean national health and nutrition examination survey. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(5), 399-409. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac
- S. Y. Lee & H. K. Kim. (2018). Structural equation modeling on health-related quality of life among patients with thyroid cancer. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 30(2), 171-182. DOI: 10.7475/kjan.2018.30.2.171 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2018.30.2.171
- Y. S. Cho & D. M. Yeum. (2019). Latent class analysis for health-related quality of life in the middle-aged male in South Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 49(1), 104-112. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2019.49.1.104 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2019.49.1.104
- K. H. Joung & N. M. Chun. (2019). Influence of stress, social support and lifestyle on halth-related quality of life in middle aged women. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 21(1), 62-69.
- A. R. Ko, K. H. Jeong & B. K. Shin. (2018). A longitudinal study on the effects of socioeconomic deprivations on depression of middle-aged single-person household-a focus on the comparison between single-person and multi-person households-. Korean Journal of Family Social Work, 59, 55-79.
- E. J. Lee & R. W. Ma. (2018). A Comparison of factors influencing health-related quality of life by obesity among middle-aged women. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia services convergent with Art, Humanities and Sociology, 8(10), 691-702.
- Y. B. Kim & S. H. Lee. (2018). Effects of the elderly's health statuses, health behavior, and social relations on their health-related quality of life: focusing on family types. Journal of Korean community nursing, 29(3), 310-321. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2018.29.3.310
- M. A. Chae, J. I. Kim, K. S. Choi & K. H. Han. (2018). Subjective health and factors of health-related quality of life in elderly haenyo. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 24(2), 105-115. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2018.24.2.105 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2018.24.2.105
- J. S. An & H. Y. Choi. (2018). Trend of influencing factors on health-related quality of life in Korean elderly. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, 32(2), 275-287. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2018.32.2.275
- H. S. Oh. (2017). Important significant factors of health-related quality of life(EQ-5D) by age group in Korea based on KNHANES(2014). Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 28(3), 573-584. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2017.28.3.573
- J. G. Kim & L. S. Kwon. (2013). Measurement of quality of life related to health by demographic characteristics of adult patients with cancer using EQ-5D Index -focused on the Korea health & nutrition examination survey-. The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, 11(8), 281-291. DOI : http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.8.281
- Z. Tan, F. Shi, H. Zhang, N. Li, Y. Xu & Y. Liang. (2018). Household income, income inequality, and health-related quality of life measured by the EQ-5D in Shaanxi, China: a cross sectional study. International Journal for Equity in Health. 17, 32. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-018-0745-9 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-018-0745-9
- L. K. L. Cindy, Y. G. Vivian, K. H. W. Carlos, Y. T. Y. Esther & S. C. F. Colman. (2017). Poverty and health-related quality of life of people living in Hong Kong: comparison of individuals from low-income families and the general population. Journal of Public Health, 39(2), 258-265. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/fdw046
- H. Y. Song & M. H. Park. (2017). Comparable influencing factors for quality of health-life in osteoarthritis patients in urban and rural areas. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(6), 311-323. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.6.311
- J. E. Park, S. Y. Kim, K. Y. Yeob & J. H. Park. (2018). The association between smoking and health levels in male adults: focusing on obesity indices and health-related quality of Life. Health and Social Science, 48, 95-120. https://doi.org/10.21489/hass.2018.08.48.95
- J. S. Kwon. (2019). Influencing factors on health-related quality of life in middle and old adult one-person households. The Journal of the Convergence on Culture Technology, 5(1), 153-167. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.17703/JCCT.2019.5.1.153
- M. S. Park & J. W. Chun. (2017). The effect of daily anxiety and social support on the quality of life of unmarried single person households. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 35(4), 25-42. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2017.35.4.25
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). The seventh Korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES VII-2). Cheongju : Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2017.
- M. J. Cho, H. K. Kim & N. R. Oh. (2016). Influence of the number of remaining teeth of on sleep time and stress of adults older than 40 years. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(7), 225-232. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.225
- S. J. Kim, H. S. Kim & H. J. Kim. (2018). Differences in breast cancer screening rates according to obesity and weight perception among Korean women. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 20(3), 169-176. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2018.20.3.169
- J. H. Kim. (2018). Influence of upper extremity function, activities of daily living, therapeutic flow and quality of life in stroke patients. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(12), 417-425. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.12.417
- D. C. Uhm, E. S. Nam, H. Y. Lee, E. B. Lee, Y. I. Yoon & G. J. Chai. (2012). Health-related quality of life in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritis: association with pain, disease activity, disability in activities of daily living and depression. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 42(3), 434-442. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.434 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.3.434
- M. H. Chung & H. J. Park. (2016). Symptom experiences, sleep quality and quality of life for patients with asthma. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 17(11), 616-628. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.616
- Y. M. Kang, H. J. Kim, T. Y. Lee & B. J. Ku. (2018). Effect of glucose control, SDSCA and quality of life of D-chiro-inositol(DCI) in patients with type 2 diabetes: a path analysis. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 19(10), 243-253. DOI:http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.10.243
- H. M. Kim & H. J. Park. (2018). Chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy, sleep and quality of life among patients with gastric cancer receiving chemotherapy. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 25(3), 176-184. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.3.176 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.3.176
- P. J. Oh & S. Y. Lim. (2017). Change of cancer symptom, depression and quality of life based on phases of chemotherapy in patients with colorectal or stomach cancer: a prospective study. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 29(3), 313-322. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.3.313 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.3.313
- Y. K. Oh & S. Y. Hwang. (2018). Impact of uncertainty on the quality of life of young breast cancer patients: focusing on mediating effect of marital intimacy. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 48(1), 50-58. DOI: http://dx.doi.org.libproxy.ks.ac.kr/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.1.50 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.1.50
- H. S. Byun, E. K. Kim & G. D. Kim. (2015). Impacts of stigma and distress on the quality of life in patients with lung cancer. Crisisonomy, 11(8), 223-240.
- J. Y. Cho. (2019). Implications of the increase of single person households for high-tech industries: focusing on AI adopted products. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 9(6), 146-152. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2019.9.6.146
- Y. J. Doe, M. G. Ji & M. H. Yun. (2018). Association between cognition of periodontal disease periodontal patients, life-stress and oral health related quality of life. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(3), 53-62. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.3.053 https://doi.org/10.14801/JAITC.2018.8.1.53
- E. H. Lee, J. H. Lee & C. G. Kim. (2018). A study influential factors the quality of life of one-person households: medication effect verification of perceived health and health promotion behavior. Korean Comparative Government Review(KCGR), 22(4), 179-203.
- H. S. Kim. (2017). Effect of pain, nutritional risk, loneliness, perceived health status on health-related quality of life in elderly women living alone. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(7), 207-218. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.7.207 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.4.207
- P. Lombardo, W. Jones, L. Wang, X. Shen & E. M. Goldner. (2018). The fundamental association between mental health and life satisfaction: results from successive waves of a Canadian national survey. BMC Public Health 18, 342. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s1p2889-018-5235-x https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5235-x
- N. I. Park, J. Y. Jeong & J. H. Kim. (2018). One-person households' news media use and civic participation. Korean Journal of Communication Studies, 26(2), 95-116. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23875/kca.26.2.4 https://doi.org/10.23875/kca.26.2.4