- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Structural Model of Baby Boomers' Capital Dynamics and Quality of Life: Moderated by Birth Cohort
베이비부머의 자본역동과 삶의 질의 구조모형: 출생코호트의 조절효과
- Shin, Hak-Gene (Dept. of Social Welfare & Counseling, Jeonju Kijeon College)
- 신학진 (전주기전대학교 사회복지상담과)
- Received : 2019.05.28
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
This study examined diverse capital dynamics and the effect of the dynamics on the quality of life of Korean baby boomers living in Jeonju. Also this study investigated the moderating effect of birth cohort. A structural equation modeling conducted with 303 baby boomers for verification. The results are as follows: First, the human capital of baby boomer directly or indirectly affected psychological, economic, social capital, and quality of life. Second, economic capital directly or indirectly affected psychological, social capital, and quality of life. Third, psychological capital directly or indirectly affected social capital and quality of life. Fourth, social capital affected the quality of life. Fifth, the birth cohort moderated the impacts of economic capital on psychological capital and quality of life. The results provided an understanding of the quality of life of baby boomer and the direction of intervention.
- H. K. Han. (2010). Baby Boomer in Korea: Understanding Life Course and Life World. Keynote speech of Korea Society for Advanced Studies in Spring
- H. N. Park, D. K. Shin, S. K. Lee, J. Han, J. K. Kim, & I. C. Shin. (2010). A Study on the Work Life of Korean Baby Boomers. Korea Labor Institute
- B. Fine. (2002). Social capital versus social theory. Routledge.
- S. Kim. (2004). A critique of boudieu's, coleman's and putnam's concept of social capital. Korean Sociological, 33(6), 63-95.
- M. R. Kim, S. J. Kwon, C. S. Park. (2012). Influence of Information Usage on Information Life Satisfaction in Baby Boomers. Research on the Elderly Welfare, 57, 113-136.
- H. G. Shin. (2014). Effect of Baby Boomers' Economic Status on Quality of Life. Social Science Research Review, 30(4), 161-183.
- A. T Beck, R. A. Steer & M. G. Carbin, (1988). Psychometric properties of the Beck Depression Inventory: Twenty-five years of evaluation. Clinical psychology review, 8(1), 77-100. https://doi.org/10.1016/0272-7358(88)90050-5
- J. S. Kwon, S. G. Kim, S. K. Kim, S. C. Kim, H.S. Kim, S. Y. Min...S. G. Yoo. (2012), Case Management, Seoul: Hakgisa
- F. Luthans, K. W. Luthans, B. C. Luthans (2004). Positive psychological capital: Beyond human and social capital. Business Horizons. 47(1). 45-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2003.11.007
- H. S. Han. (2004). A Study on the Quality of Life of the Elderly in Korean Social City. Social Welfare Policy, 19 (Single Issue), 113-142.
- J. H. Lee, W. Kim. (2008). The Effect of Participation in the Elderly Education on the Psychological Well-being of the Elderly. Korean Gerontology, 28(4), 887-905
- G. Y. Lee. (2010), The Determinants of Life Satisfaction of Korean Elderly by Educational Level: Focusing on Social Relationship, Participation and Health. Korean Gerontology, 30(3), 709-726.
- H. J. Kim, D. S. Shim (2013). The Effects of Psychological Capital on Innovation Behavior. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 26(11), 3003-3028.
- Z. Liepe & A. Sakalas. (2014). Evaluation of human capital role in the value creation process. 14 Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 156, 78-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.11.123
- H. McGuirk, H, Lenihan & M. Hart, (2015). Measuring the impact of innovative human capital on small firms' propensity to innovate. Research Policy, 44(4), 965-976. DOI: 10.1016/j.respol.2014.11.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2014.11.008
- H. S. Yoo. (2005). A Study on the Actual Conditions and Utilization Plan of Women's Capital. Asian Women's Studies, 44(2), 225-259.
- J. Y. Park. (2006). Analysis and Tasks from the Viewpoint of Social Capital for Local Human Resources Development - Focused on Gwangju Metropolitan City. Studies in lifelong education, 12, 23-52.
- S. I. Lee. (2007). A Study on the Relationship between Social Capital and Human Capital, Journal of Human Resources, 2, 97-111
- U. C. Kim & Y. S. Park (2006). Exploring the factors that constitute the quality of life in Korean society. Korean Journal of Psychology: Culture and Society, 12(5), 1-28.
- S. J. Ban, H. J. Cho, Y. J. Lee & J. K. Lee. (2015). The Effect of Education Level on Quality of Life as a Result of Education Investment: Mediating Effect of Employment, Health, and Social Relations. Research of Educational Finance and Economics, 24(2). 111-131.
- T. W. Eum. (2008). The Effects of Self - Efficacy and Social Support on the Economic Stress and Depression of the Poor. Mental health and social work, 28, 36-66.
- K. H. Kim, (2010), The Effect of Social Capital on Psychological Well-Being of Rural Residents, Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, 42(2), 81-97.
- K. J. Oh & K. J. Moon. (2006). Psychosocial Adjustment of Adolescents with Poor Families: Mediating Effect of Family Risk Factors and Parent - Child Relationships. Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 25(1), 59-76.
- M. R. Kim. (2008). Factors of Successful Aging Affecting the Life Satisfaction of Older Women. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 28(1), 33-48.
- S. W. Kim, H. S. Jo. (2013), The Impact of Financial Condition on Life Satisfaction for Korean Baby Boomers: Comparison between employed and non-employed Baby Boomers, Financial Planning Review 6(3), 1-33
- E. I. Son & J. S. Song. (2012). The effect of psychological capital on social support and psychological well - being. Industrial Economics Research, 25(6), 3953-3975.
- B. Y. Ha, E. J. Jung & S. Y. Choi. (2014). Effects of Resilience, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder on the Quality of Life in Patients with Breast Cancer. Korean J Women Health Nurs, 20(1), 83-91. DOI: 10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.1.83 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2014.20.1.83
- J. S. Kim, S. I. Choi. (2010), The Effects of Lifestyle on Preparation for Old Age and Life Satisfaction. Korea Journal of Family Welfare, 15(3), 97-119.
- E. A. Park & M. S. Yoon, (2015). Moderating Role of Social Support on the Relationship Between Loss of Relation and Quality of Life among Adults. Mental Health and Social Work, 43(1), 168-197.
- H N. Bang, D. G. Shin, S. G, Lee, J. Han, J. G. Kim & I. C. Shin. (2010). A Study on the Work Life of Korean Baby Boomers. Korea Labor Institute.
- J. W. Yu. (2011). Influence on the quality of life of adolescents: focusing on mediating effects of ecological system variables. Journal of Social Welfare Policy.(single issue), 109-135.
- J. C. Flanagan. (1982). Measurement of quality of life: current state of the art. Archives of physical medicine and rehabilitation, 63(2), 56-59.
- C. S. Burckhardt, K. L. Anderson. (2003). The Quality of Life Scale (QOLS): reliability, validity, and utilization. Health and quality of life outcomes, 1(1), 60. https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7525-1-60
- M. S. Nagy. (2002). Using a single‐item approach to measure facet job satisfaction. Journal of occupational and organizational psychology, 75(1), 77-86. https://doi.org/10.1348/096317902167658
- B. M. Byrne. (2009). Structural equation modeling with AMOS: Basic concepts, applications, and programming. Routledge.
- J. Gaskin. (2012). Multi-group : Testing Multi-group Moderation using Critical Ratios. Retrieved in Mar. 20, 2018 from Gaskination's StatWiki. http://statwiki. kolobkreations.com.
- Statistics Korea. (2014). Monthly average household income per household by age group. Statistics Korea.
- E. M. Hetherington, R. D. Parke & V. O. Locke. (1999). Child psychology: A contemporary viewpoint. US: McGraw-Hill.
- P. R. Amato, J. Zuo. (1992). Rural Poverty, Urban Poverty, and Psychological Wellbeing. The Sociological Quarterly, 33(2), 229-240. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1533-8525.1992.tb00373.x
- Y. J. Son. (2010). A Study on the Influence of Social Capital on Depression in Urban and Rural Elderly. Journal of GRI Research, 12(3), 311-339.
- J. Y. Jeong, J. H. Lim. (2011). The Effects of Temperament, Family Health, and Social Support on Adolescents' Ego Resilience. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education, 23(1), 37-51.
- S. B. Moon. (2009). Basic Concept and Applications of Structural Equation Modeling, Seoul, Hajisa Publishing