- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Game Structure by User-Centered Narrative and Play
유저 중심의 서사와 놀이에 의한 게임 구조에 대한 고찰
- CHO, Il-hyun (SangMyung University, Department of Photographic and Digital Contents)
- 조일현 (상명대학교 사진영상콘텐츠학과)
- Received : 2019.05.29
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
Recently, as multi-platform game environments become common, many games of convergence genre have been produced, and the boundaries of genre division by existing platforms have become blurred. The game genre is convergence content consisting of user-centered 'narrative and play'. In this paper, we propose a game genre classification according to the user 's behavior type based on the essential recognition that the subject of the game is the user. The user's actions are done in different genres and goals and rules, and the interaction is an important act for immersion. Therefore, the user's behavioral classification and perception by the game genre are important and expected to help redefine the game structure.
Narrative and Play;User Action;Game Structure;Game Genre;Flow
- Wikipedia. (2019). Game studies. SDPM(Online). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_theory
- M. J. Byun. (2010). Contents Design, Seoul : Communicationbooks, 39.
- S. Y. Jung. (2010). A Study on Space Storytelling in Educational Virtual World: Focusing on Space Production Theory. Master Dissertation. Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- H. Y. Yun. (2016). A Study on Problem Based Storytelling of Digital Game Modification. Journal of Korea Game Society, 16(3), 65-76. https://doi.org/10.7583/JKGS.2016.16.3.65
- B. Y. Kwon. (2017). Engagement, Motivation. SDPM(Online). https://brunch.co.kr/@bohkwon/13
- H. Y. Yoon. (2017). MOD of digital game. p.32. Seoul : Communicationbooks
- K. R. Jun. (2014). What is Digital Games. p.4. Seoul : Communicationbooks
- T. J. Yoon. (2010). Digital Game Culture Research. p.30. Seoul : Communicationbooks.
- Y. G. Kim & G. H. Lee. (2018). History of video games. p.72. Seoul : Communicationbooks.
- H. Tak. (2018). Kakao Friends! Friends Racing Launch Play Review. SDPM(Online). https://blog.naver.com/ha_tak/221383701163
- D. M. Seo. (2011). Adventure Game. SDPM(On-line). https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=3572502&cid=59088&categoryId=59096
- H. G. Kim. (2012). Tomb Raider releases new screenshots at 'Gamescom 2012'. SDPM(Online). http://game.donga.com/63236
- M. H. Kim. (2013). A Study on the Degree of User's Freedom in the Sandbox Game. Master Dissertation. Soongsil University, Seoul.
- J. J. Lee. (2013). Sand Box. SDPM(Online). https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=2028633&cid=42914&categoryId=42915
- TTA. (2016). serious game. SDPM(Online). https://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=2028633&cid=42914&categoryId=42915
- GG Game. (2011). The more interesting 'Audition English'. SDPM(Online). http://www.ggemguide.com/news_view.htm?uid=142559
- W. S. Kim, J. S. Yoon, C. L & B. C. Min (2010). An Analysis of The Repetitive Sound Effects Influencing on Game User's Flow. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 10 (3), 149-156.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi. (2018). Finding Flow, 45. Seoul : hainaim Publishing Co.
- D. H. Kim. (2019). A Study on Narrative Characteristics of Digital Interactive Videos - Focusing on 'Narrator-I' and Narrating Agent. Doctoral dissertation. Chung-ang University, Seoul.