- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A study on anlysis of modeling from the short story 'When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom' of Lee Hyoseok
이효석의 소설 『메밀꽃 필 무렵』에 나타난 조형 분석 연구
- Choi, San (General graduate school, College of Arts, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Seung-Chul (MAJOR IN JEWELRY, College of Arts, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2019.05.15
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
In various cultures and civilizations, artists are trying new ideas of reinterpreting the beauty of classic and redefining it in the ways of modern times rather than creating something new. In other words, modern cultural trend is creating a new culture by combining sensibilities of classic amid the flood of information with modern senses of artists. This study tries to combine various cultures an designs in accordance with this cultural change. Based on the features of expressing emotions of individuals and the world of impossible experiences from the short story 'When Buckwheat Flowers Bloom' of Lee Hyoseok, an incomplete area of consciousness which is at the border line of the polarized world divided by existence and absence is the area which creates a new culture by arousing readers' imagination as a potential world of thought. In addition, based on language from the short story, a researcher tries to utilize symbolic and imaginal beauties inside of that language as a material of design, and formative analysis them with the composition of proper words for visualization.
classic;About buckwheat flower;culture;language;design
- H. S. Kim. (2004). Beauty consciousness appearing in the time of Lee Hyo-seok's buckwheat flower. Catholic University of Daegu Humanities Research Institute, Humanities Research Study, 5, 221-222.
- M. Y. Woo. (1992). Emotion expressed in the time of buckwheat flower. Korean Society for Language and Culture Korean Language and Culture, 10, 235-240.
- K. S. Song. (2014). Hiding and revealing the truth - When buckwheat flowers. Korean Literature Society, Journal of Korean Literature, 68, 362.
- W. H. Kim. (2013). The poetry of the beginning of Korean short story. Seoul City : Blue world.
- Korean Language and Literature Dictionary. (1998). Seoul City : Korean Dictionary Researcher.
- L. S. Lee. (2002). Korean Modern Novel Criticism. Paju City : Taehagsa.
- J. H. Lee. (2011). Narrative Discourse in Modern Korean Novels. Seoul City : Joyul.
- H. S. Lee. (2007). About buckwheat Flowers. Seoul City : Literature and Intelligence.
- J. S. Seo. (2013). Lee Hyo-seok short-lived competing flower of buckwheat.
- M. L. Jee. (1997). Romanticism and longing. Seoul City : Literature and Intelligence.
- M. S. Chae & H. S. LEE. (2005). Korean modern short story. Seoul City : Malg-eunchang.
- D. I. Kim. (1992). Analysis and appreciation of modern short stories in Korea. Goyang City : Songjeongmunhwasa.
- Charles Wallschlaeger & Y. H. Won. (1998). Concepts and principles of design. Angraphics.
- Y. S. Kim. (1992). Lee Hyo-seok novel research. Doctoral thesis. Konkuk University. Seoul City.
- Y. H. Kim. (2008). Study of ornaments applying repetitive form of molding principle. Master Thesis. Sookmyung Women's University. Seoul City.
- J. H. Jang. (2013). A study on the design of ornaments through the analysis of aesthetic elements of movement. Doctoral thesis. Wonkwang University. Iksan City.
- E. Y. Choi. (2010). A Study on Korean Modern Literary Novels: Lee Hyo-seok, Lee Tae Jun, Kim Dong-Ri. Doctoral thesis. Korea University. Seoul City.