- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Influence of Clinical Nurses' Personality and Resilience on Happiness Index
임상간호사의 인성, 회복탄력성이 행복지수에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Sung-Eun (Department of social Welfare, Sillla University)
- 김성은 (신라대학교 일반대학원 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2019.06.28
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
This study was conducted to identify correlations in clinical nurses' personality, resilience and happiness index to provide basic resources for nurses' happiness at work. Methods: From May 1 to 15, 2019, self-report questionnaires were distributed and collected from 307 of clinical nurses in 10 hospitals located in P-metropolitan city and K-province. Analyses included descriptive statistics, t-test, Analysis of Variance, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression, conducted using IBM SPSS/WIN 24.0. Mean scores were nurses' personality 3.67, resilience 3.28, and happiness index 3.28. There were significant differences on the happiness index for: clinical experience, type of work, and leisure activities and a positive correlation between personality and resilience, between personality and happiness index and between happiness index and resilience. Happiness index was influenced by clinical experience 'Less than 1-5' (
- Doosan Donga. (1999). National Academy of the Korean Language. The Korean pyojun dictionary.
- OECD Better Index. (2012). Create Your Better Life Index. Retrieved December 2, http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/#/11111111111
- OECD Korea Policy Center. (2014). How's life? 2013, wellness of OECD countries. http://www.oecdkorea.org
- H. I. Hwng. (2013). The mediating effect of job satisfaction on the relationship between happiness and teacher efficacy in early childhood teachers. Korean Society for Ecological Education, 12(2), 157-180.
- E. J. Ju., Y. C. Kwon. & M. H. Nam. (2015). Influence of Clinical Nurses' Work Environment and Emotional Labor on Happiness Index. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm., 21(2), 212-222. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.212 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.2.212
- B. K. Kongkwan. (2012). Factors predicting to work happiness of professional nurses. http://www.stti.iupui.edu/pp07/convention11/Boonya rak_Kongkwan.pdf
- J. H. Shin et al. (2018). A Study on the Interpersonal Relation, Job Satisfaction, Resilience and Happiness Index of Nurses in General Hospitals. The Journal of Korean Nursing Research. 2(1), 37-46.
- H. J. Kim & H. K. Choi. (2017) The Mediating Effect of Resilience on the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Happiness of Clinical Nurses. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 26(1), 40-46. DOI : 10.5807/kjohn.2017.26.1.40 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2017.26.1.40
- J. H. Kim. (2011). Resilience. Seoul: Wisdomhouse.
- J. H. Tak & H. M. Kang. (2014). The impact of self-esteem and resilence on the happiness of childcare teacher. International Journal of Early Childhood Education, 34(5), 107-128. DOI : 10.18023/kjece.2014.34.5.005
- E. A. Jo & J. Y. Kang. (2015). Influence of Workplace Bullying and Resilience on Organizational Socialization in New Graduate Nurses. J Muscle Jt Health, 22(2), 78-86, DOI : 10.5953/JMJH.2015.22.2.78 https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2015.22.2.78
- I. O. Moon, S. K. Park, & J. M. Jung. (2013). Effects of Resilience on Work Engagement and Burnout of Clinical Nurses. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, 19(4), 525-535, DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.525 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.525
- J. .H. Park & S. K. Chung. (2016). Influence of Emotional Labor, Communication Competence and Resilience on Nursing Performance in University Hospital Nurses. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(10), 236-244. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS
- M. R. Lee & M. H. Nam. (2017). Personality and the influencing factors in nursing students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(6), 427-437. DOI : 10.14257/ajmahs.2017.06.24.
- M. H. Nam & H. O. Kim. (2018). Effect of Personality and Resilience on Satisfaction with Major in Nursing Students. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, 24(4), 298-306. DOI : 10.11111/jkana. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.4.298
- E. Y. Yeom, & K. W. Seo. (2018). Influences of Interpersonal Problems and Character of Nurses on Quality of Nursing Service. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, 24(5), 445-454. DOI : 10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.445 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2018.24.5.445
- J. A. Kim, M. S. Chu, K. J. Kwon, H. K. Seo & S. N. Lee. (2017). Core competencies for new nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 23(1), 40-53. DOI: 10.22650/JKCNR.2017.23.1.40
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Buchner & A. G. Lang. (2009). Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior Research Methods, 41(4), 1149-1160. DOI : 10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149 https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- http://www.law.go.kr/lsInfoP.do?lsiSeq=188361&efYd= 20161220#0000
- K. Reivich. (2003). Shatte A. The resilience factor: 7 essential skills for overcoming life's inevitable obstacles. NY: Broadway Books.
- S. B. Kim. (2016). The influence of career barriers, subjective happiness, and resilience on career preparation behavior of college students. Master's thesis, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju.
- M. H. Nam & Y. C. Kwon. (2013). Factors influencing happiness index of hospital nurses. Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 19(3), 329-339. DOI: 10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.329 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.3.329
- E. S. Hong, (2006). Conceptual understanding of resilience and instructional suggestion. The Korean Society of Special Education, 41(2), 45-67.
- Y. J. Lee, & S. H. Hwang. (2018). The Happiness index according to household income and leisure time. Korean Journal of Leisure, Recreation & Park, 42(1), 86-96. DOI: 10.26446/kjlrp.2018.3.42.1.86