- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Internet Addiction Prevention Program on Adolescents' Self-regulation -A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis-
인터넷중독 예방프로그램이 청소년의 자기통제력에 미치는 효과 -체계적 문헌고찰 및 메타분석-
- Chung, Myung Sill (Sungshin Women's University, College of Nursing) ;
- Seomun, GyeongAe (Korea University, College of nursing)
- Received : 2019.07.28
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of internet addiction prevention program on adolescents' self-regulation using systematic review and meta-analysis. Databases od domestic literature were used, Library of Congress, KERIS, KISS, domestic Journal, until 2018, eleven articles were used for meta-analysis. As a result of the study, there was statistically significant difference in the overall effect of self-regulation on the internet addiction prevention program, but the heterogeneity was high and subgroup analysis was conducted. The effects of self-regulation on the Internet addiction prevention program according to subjects were statistically significant in both elementary and middle & high school students. The effect size of self-regulation by internet addiction was statistically significant..Therefore, it's necessary to develop an Internet addiction prevention program according to the characteristics of elementary and middle & high school students.
Supported by : Sungshin Women's University
- D. I. Kim, C. M. Keum, A. T. R. Park & S. H. Lee. (2017). The Effectiveness of an Internet & Smartphone Addiction Prevention Program for Youth. Asian Journal of Education, 18(2), 293-314. DOI : 10.15753/aje.2017.06.18.2.293 https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2017.06.18.2.293
- Y. A. Kim. (2010). The Applying and Effect of a Preventing Program on Internet Overuse for Elementary School Students Master's thesis. Hanyang University, Seoul.
- S. Y. Mun & B. S. Lee. (2015). Effects of an Integrated Internet Addiction Prevention Program on Elementary Students' Self-regulation and Internet Addiction. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 45(2), 251-261. DOI : 10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.251 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2015.45.2.251
- S. Y. Mun. (2013). The effects of an internet-addiction prevention program on elementary students' self-regulation and internet addiction. Master's thesis. Keimyung University, Daegu.
- H. S. Mun, Y. S. Koh, E. K. Lea. (2011). The Effects of Solution-focused Group Counseling Program For Adolescent Internet Addiction. Forum for youth culture, 28, 58-80.
- G. H. Son. (2005). The effects of the Internet overuse prevention program on self-management competence of elementary school students. Master's thesis. Ajou University, Suwon.
- K. S. Shim. (2005). A study on Effectiveness of Internet Game Addiction Prevention Program for adolescents. Master's thesis. Korea University, Seoul.
- M K. Yang & W. O. Oh. (2007). Effects of the Internet Game Addiction Prevention Educational Program on Self-control and Time Spent on Internet Games by Elementary School Students. Child Health Nursing Research, 13(3), 282-290.
- M. S. Lee. (2009). A Study of the Development of Self-Control Improvement Program for Elementary School Students with the Potential Addiction to Internet Games. Master's thesis. Korea National University of Education, Seoul.
- M. H. Lee. (2009). Influence of an Internet addiction preventive program to relieve Internet game addiction and self-regulation for the elementary school lower grades. Master's thesis. HanKuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul.
- J. W. Lee. (2006). Development and Effects of Group Counseling Program Through Mind practice for Protection from Internet Addiction. Doctoral dissertation. Wonkwang University, Iksan.
- J. H. Lee. (2013). The Effect of Motivational Internet Addiction Prevention Program on Internet Addiction, Self-Control, Depression/Anxiety, and Perceived Stress of the Adolescents in Low-Income family. Master's thesis. Handong University, Pohang.
- J. K. Lee, G. M. Kang. (2015). A Meta-analysis on the effect of youth Internet addiction group counseling program. Korea Journal of Counseling, 16(3), 101-120. DOI : 10.15703/kjc.16.3.201506.101 https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.3.201506.101
- H. Y. Kim & M. K. Cho. (2015). Meta-analysis of Interment Addiction Treatment Programs for Adolescents. Mental Health & Social Work, 43(2), 89-118.
- E. J. Kwon & S. O. Jang. (2016). A meta-analysis on the effects of promoting self-control group program for internet addiction youth. Journal of Social Science., 55(1), 87-122. DOI : 10.22418/JSS.2016.06.55.1.87
- J. Y. Ha & S. M. Shin. (2016). The Effectiveness of Youth Internet Addiction Group Counseling Programs : a Meta-Analysis. The Korean Journal of Psychology : General, 35(1), 191-216. DOI : 10.22257/kjp.2016.03.35.1.191 https://doi.org/10.22257/kjp.2016.03.35.1.191
- S. S. Han. (2007). Effectiveness of Internet Addiction Prevention Group Counseling Program for Highschool Students. Master's thesis. Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Y. S. Hwang. (2007). The effects of Internet game addiction prevention education program for elementary school students : focused on middle school students. Master's thesis. Korea University, Seoul.
- D. Moher, A. Liberati, J. Tetzlaff & D. G. Altman, (2009). Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement., Annals of Internal Medicine, 151(4), 264-269. DOI : 10.7326/0003-4819-151-4-200908180-00135 https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-151-4-200908180-00135
- C. S. Ahn. (2008). The influence of Early Adolescent's Self-control and Self-esteem on Internet Addiction and the Efficacy of Prevention Program. Journal of Communication Science, 8(3), 347-380.
- S. G. Han, & D. T. Kim. (2019). Phenomenological Analysis on Causes of Addiction in Smartphone Addiction Adolescents. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 10(5), 287-296. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.5.287 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2019.10.5.287
- Y. H. Park & H. Y. Kwak. (2019). Game ddition is disease. http://biz.khan.co.kr/khan_art_view.html?artid=20190 5261619001&code=930507