- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Development and Effect of Convergence Fundamental Nursing Program with Empowering Vocational Basic Competencies
직업기초능력강화 융복합 기본간호 프로그램의 개발 및 효과평가
- Baek, Kyoung-Hwa (Division of Nursing, Gyeongbuk College of Health) ;
- Seo, Hyung-eun (Department of Nursing, Catholic Kwandong University) ;
- Cho, Jeong-Hwa (Division of Nursing, Daejeon Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2019.05.24
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
This study to examine the effects of the convergence fundamental nursing program on nursing students' communication competence, interpersonal relationship, and compassion. One-group pretest-posttest design was used. The data were collected from 40 students in the second grade who took the fundamental nursing and fundamental nursing practice. The collected data were analyzed by descriptive statistics and paired t-test. As a result, it was significantly found that communication competence(t=-3.452, p=.001), understanding of interpersonal relationship(t=-5.405, p=<.001) and compassion(t=-7.226, p=<.001). The results of this study suggest that convergence fundamental nursing program of nursing students can contribute to nursing job competency improvement and necessity to apply them various major subjects.
- J. H. Kim., J. H. Park., & S. J. Shin. (2016). Effectiveness of simulation-based nursing education depending on fidelity: a meta-analysis, BMC Medical Education, 16(152), 1-8. DOI : 10.1086/s12909-016-0672-7. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-015-0506-z
- J. S. Won et al. (2016). Learning outcomes and teaching methods in fundamentals of Nursing, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 23(3), 292-299. DOI : 10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.3.292. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.3.292
- E. J. Ji & Y. H. Lee. (2017). Study on application of video ucc project in the fundamental nursing subject, Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(17), 1-18. DOI: 10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.17.1.
- H. Kim. (2018). Effect of the fundamental nursing lessons that take advantage of the movie and the reflective journal, Journal of Educational Information and Media, 24(1), 79-94. DOI : 10.15833/KAFEIAM.24.1.079.
- H. R. Kim & E. J. Choi. (2011). Developing of a scenario and evaluation for SimBaby simulation learning of care for children with fever in emergency units. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 11(6), 279-288. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.6.279. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.6.279
- T. Itatani, K. Nagata, K. Yanagihara & N. Tabuchi. (2017). Content analysis of student essays after attending a problem-based learning course: facilitating the development of critical thinking and communication skills in japanese nursing students, Healthcare, 5(3), 1-14. DOI : 10.3390/healthcare5030047. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hjdsi.2016.03.003
- Y. H. Seo. (2017). The causal relationship among vocational basic competencies, self-efficacy, nursing professionalism and self-directed learning ability of nursing students, Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 35(1), 20-35. DOI : 10.12925/jkocs.2018.35.1.20.
- M. H. Jeong & Y. H. Seo. (2018). The effect of debriefing in nursing simulation based education on the vocational basic competencies, Journal of Oil & Applied Science, 35(1), 20-35. DOI : 10.12925/jkocs.2018.35.1.20. https://doi.org/10.12925/jkocs.2018.35.1.20
- Y. H. Hwang & S. J. Park. (2016). Educational needs analysis for key vocational competency in nursing students, Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial Cooperation Society, 17(11), 595-603. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.595. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.595
- F. Ahrweiler. M., Neumann, H. Goldblatt, E. G. Hahn & C. Scheffer. (2014). Determinants of physician empathy during: hypothetical conclusions form on exploratory qualitative survey of practicing physicians. BMC Medical Education, 14(122), 1-12. DOI : 10.1186/1472-6920-14-122. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-1
- B. S. Bloom. (1971). Mastery learning. In: J. H. Block, editor. Mastery learning: Theory and practice. New York, NY: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston.
- B. H. Kim, S. J. Chang & J. S. Choi. (2013). The development and evaluation of a clinical practice nursing students' microbiology program based on the mastery learning model, Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 15(2), 90-98. DOI : 10.7586/jkbns.2013.15.2.90. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2013.15.2.90
- Y. K. Yang. (2018). Influences of communication skill and interpersonal ability on clinical competence of nursing students, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 25(2), 99-108. DOI : 10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.2.99. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.2.99
- Y. S. Choi & J. Y. Kim. (2018). Effects of flipped learning in core competencies of nursing students: based on communication, problem solving, and self-directed learning, Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 18(19), 1163-1182. DOI : 10.22251/jlcci.2018.18.19.1163. https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2018.18.19.1163
- M. R. Song, E. M. Kim & S. J. Yu. (2012). Analysis on the competency of nursing students' basic nursing skills, Journal of Clinical Nuring, 12(6), 390-401. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.390.
- G. H. Hur. (2003). Construction and Validation of a Global Interpersonal Communication Competence Scale. Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, 47(6), 380-408.
- L. C. Marshall. (2003). The relationship between efficacy, teamwork, effort and patient satisfaction. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The University of Southern, California.
- E. M. Kwon. (2010). The Correlation among Team Efficacy, Interpersonal Understanding, Proactivity in Problem Solving and Team Performance. Unpublished master'sl thesis, Ewha University, Seoul.
- Y. J. Lee. (2014). Development of the Compassionate Competence Scale for nurses. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Korea University, Seoul.
- K. H. Kang. (2018). Exploring teaching and learning supporting strategies based on effect recognition and continuous intention in college flipped learning. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 21-29. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.021 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.021
- S. Y. Park, J. H. Bae, A. Y. Eom, Y. N. Cha., K. K. Kim & J. H. Sim. (2010). Development of university students' key competency improvement program based on field demanding analysis in nursing and social welfare. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 16(2), 272-282. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.2.272
- H. S. Jun & H. J. Ju. (2017). The effect of team based learning on communication ability, problem solving ability and self-directed learning in nursing science education. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 269-279. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.269 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.269
- M. H. Han & K. H. Lee. (2017). Effects of communication ability enhancement program for nursing students in Korea: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 12(1), 15-26. DOI: 10.5977/jkasne.2017.23.1.15
- I. Y. Cho. (2015). The relationship of communication skill, communication self- Efficacy and communication related educational needs. Journal of the Korea Academia -Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(4), 2593-2601. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2593
- J. G. Cha & H. H. Kim. (2017). The effects of communication training applying Gagne's nine events of instruction and video clips upon communication competency and interpersonal relations in nursing students. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 23(2), 115-123 DOI: 10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.2.115 https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2017.23.2.115
- L. L. Hsu, W. H. Chang & S. I. Hsieh. (2015). The effects of scenario-based simulation course training on nurses' communication competence and self-efficacy: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Professional Nursing. 31(1), 37-49. DOI: 10.1016/j.profnurs.2014.05.007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2014.05.007
- H. Jeong & K. Lee. (2012). Factors affecting nursing students' interpersonal relationship ability. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 14(5), 2635-2647.
- J. H. Park & S. K. Chung. (2015). The relationship among self-esteem, empathy, communication skill and clinical competency of nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(11), 7698-7707. DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7698 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7698
- M. O. Chae. (2016). Ego resilience, empathic Ability and Interpersonal relationship ability in Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(5), 95-103. DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.95 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.5.95
- H. J. Yeo. (2017). Predictors of empathy for nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(1), 177-184. DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.177 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.177