- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Development of 1G-PON Reach Extender based on Wavelength Division Multiplexing for Reduction of Optical Core
국사 광역화와 광코어 절감을 위한 파장분할다중 기반의 1기가급 수동 광가입자망 Reach Extender 효율 극대화 기술 개발
- Lee, Kyu-Man (Department of Enterprise Software, Konyang University) ;
- Kwon, Taek-Won (Department of Convergence Information Technology, Konyang University)
- Received : 2019.05.27
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
As the demand for broadband multimedia including the Internet explosively increases, the advancement of the subscriber network is becoming the biggest issue in the telecommunication industry due to the surge of data traffic caused by the emergence of new services such as smart phone, IPTV, VoIP, VOD and cloud services. In this paper, we have developed WDM(Wavelength Division Multiplexing)-PON(passive optical network) based on the 1-Gigabit Reach Externder (RE) technique to reduce optical core. Particularly, in order to strengthen the market competitiveness, we considered low cost, miniaturization, integration technique, and low power of optical parts. In addition, we have developed a batch system by integrating all techniques for reliability, remote management through the development of transmission distance extension and development of capacity increase of optical line by using RE technology in existing PON network. Based on system interworking with existing commercial 1G PON devices, it can be worthy of achievement of wide nationalization and optical core reduction by using this developed system. Based on these results, we are studying development of 10G PON technology.
PON(passive optical network);WDM(wavelength division multiplexing);Optical core reduction;Broadening national history;Reach Extender
- H. H. Lee, S. H. Cho, J. H. Lee, S. I. Myong, & S. S. Lee. (2012). Recent Trends on Technology and Standardization of Next-Generation Optical Access Networks. 2012 Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, 27(2), 89-98,
- H. H. Lee, S. S. Lee & J. H. Lee. (2012). Recent Trends for Next Generation Optical Access Networks. 2012 Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, 27(3), 168-178.
- IITP. (2018). Wired and wireless communication service subscription status, https://www.iitp.kr.
- L. Kazovsky. (2011). Broadband optical access networks: emerging technologies and optical-wireless convergence. Hoboken : John Wiley & Sons
- J. H. Park, G. Y. Kim, H. J. Park & J. H. Kim. (2008). FTTH Deployment Status & Strategy in Korea: GW-PON Based FTTH Field Trial and Reach Extension Strategy of FTTH in Korea. In IEEE GLOBECOM 2008-2008 IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, (pp. 1-3). IEEE.
- R. Roka. (2014). Analysis of Possible Exploitation for Long Reach Passive Optical Networks. SIMULTECH 2014, (pp. 195-202). IEEE.
- D. Hood & E. Trojer. (2012). Gigabit-capable passive optical networks. John Wiley & Sons.
- K. O. Kim, K. H. Doo, H. H. Lee, S. H. Kim, H. Park, J. Y. Oh & H. S. Chung. (2019). High Speed and Low Latency Passive Optical Network for 5G Wireless Systems. Journal of Lightwave Technology, 37(12), 2873-2882. https://doi.org/10.1109/JLT.2018.2866805
- F. An et al. (2013). SUCCESS-HPON : A Next-Generation Optical Access Architecture for Smooth Migration from TDM-PON to WDM-PON. IEEE Communications Magazine, 43(11), S40-S47
- M. E. Abdalla, S. M. Idrus & A. B. Mohammad. (2013). Hybrid TDM-WDM 10G-PON for high scalability next generation PON. ICIEA 2013, (pp. 1448-1450). IEEE.
- Y. C. Chung. (2013). High-speed coherent WDM PON for next-generation access network. ICTON 2013, (pp. 1-4). IEEE.
- J. D. Park, E. S. Jung, B. K. Kim, T. Y. Kim, J. J. Yoo, B. W. Kim & B. T. Kim. (2004). Wavelength Division Multiplexing Passive Optical Network Technology. Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, 19(6), 43-54.
- G. Kramer, B. Mukherjee & A. Maislos. (2008). Ethernet Passive Optical Networks. McGraw-Hill
- K. KwangOk & C. HwanSeok, (2015). Performance analysis by burst overhead length in symmetric-rate 10G-EPON reach extender. ICTC 2015, (pp. 1163-1166). IEEE.
- E. Karasan & E. Ayanoglu. (1998). Performance of WDM transport networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 16, 1081-1096. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.725180
- ETRI. (2005). ETRI Technical Evaluation Team MIC, FG-2005-03-18.