- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study on Technology Readiness Index of Third Party Payment Service Between Korea and China
제3자 모바일 결제서비스 기술준비도의 한.중 비교
- Kim, Jongki (Dept. of Business Administration, School of Business, Pusan National University) ;
- Cheng, Xiao (Dept. of Business Administration, Graduate School, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Jiyun (Dept. of Business Administration, Graduate School, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2019.05.08
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
The mobile payment service, which shows remarkable growth, appears to have different situations between Korea and China. Based on the recent research, we tried to confirm that there is a difference in the technology readiness index of third-party mobile payment service between Korea and China. The data were collected from a survey of Korean and Chinese university students. As a method of analysis, t-test was conducted for each factor. The results show that there is a difference between China and Korea in all factors of technology readiness. In particular, Chinese users' optimism, innovation and discomfort were higher and insecurity was higher in Korean users. These results are expected to provide a strategic approach to expand the use of third-party mobile payment services.
- Korea Consumer Agency. (2016). A survey on the actual condition of mobile payment service.
- Iresearch. (2016). Statistics data of iresearch. http://report.iresearch.cn/content/2017/07/26002.shtml.
- N. Kwon & M. Kim. (2016). A survey on the usage behavior of payment methods in 2016 and its implications. The Bank of Korea.
- G. Jeong. (2015). A study on activation measures of local mobile easy-to-use payment. Jouranl of Information and Security, 15(4), 79-88.
- J. Kim, J. Kim & X. Cheng. (2018). A comparative study of the intention to use the third party payment service between Korea and China. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, 18(3), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10660-018-9290-2
- M. Miao & K. Jayakar. (2016). Mobile payments in Japan, South Korea and China: Cross-border convergence or divergence of business models?. Telecommunications Policy, 40(2), 182-196. DOI : doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2015.11.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2015.11.011
- Y. Lu, S. Yang, P. Y. Chau & Y. Cao. (2011). Dynamics between the trust transfer process and intention to use mobile payment services: A cross-environment perspective. Information & Management, 48(8), 393-403. DOI : 10.1016/j.im.2011.09.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.09.006
- D. Li & Y. Liu. (2015). Mobile payment transactions increase continuously. People. http://finance.people.com.cn/bank/n/2015/0312/c202331-26680042.html.
- C. K. Kim, J. G. Kim & S. J. Choi. (2017). A study on the acceptance decision factors for mobile easy payment services in digital convergence media ara: Focusing samsung pay. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 213-221. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.213 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.213
- Y. J. Lee & S. I. Kim. (2017). Evaluation for user experience about service of fintech-mainly with analysis on 'Kakaopay' and 'Naverpay'-. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 387-393. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.387 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.387
- A. Parasuraman. (2000). Technology Readiness Index(TRI) a multiple-item scale to measure readiness to embrace new technologies. Journal of Service Research, 2(4), 307-320. DOI : 10.1177/109467050024001 https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050024001
- D. G. Mick & S. Fournier. (1998). Paradoxes of technology: consumer, cognizance, emotions, and coping strategies. Journal of Consumer Research, 25(2), 123-143. DOI : 10.1086/209531 https://doi.org/10.1086/209531
- A. Parasuraman & C. L. Colby. (2015). An updated and streamlined technology readiness index: TRI 2.0. Journal of Service Research, 18(1), 59-74. DOI : 10.1177/1094670514539730 https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670514539730
- J. D. Borrero, S. Y. Yousafzai, U. Javed & K. L. Page. (2014). Expressive participation in internet social movements: Testing the moderating effect of technology readiness and sex on student SNS use. Computers in Human Behavior, 30, 39-49. DOI : 10.1016/j.chb.2013.07.032 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2013.07.032
- J. C. Oh, S. J. Yoon & N. Chung. (2011). Examining the revised technology readiness and acceptance model of the intention to use mobile internet service: Comparative analysis of Korea and China. KMIS & Conf-IRM International Conference. (pp.112-129).
- R. Walczuch, J. Lemmink & S. Streukens. (2007). The effect of service employees' technology readiness on technology acceptance. Information and Management, 44(2), 206-215. DOI : 10.1016/j.im.2006.12.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.005
- J. E. Lee & M. S. Shin. (2011). Factors for the adoption of smartphone-based mobile banking : On user's technology readiness and expertise. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 16(4), 155-172. DOI : 10.7838/jsebs.2011.16.4.155 https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2011.16.4.155
- M. H. Radford, L. Mann, Y. Ohta & Y. Nakane. (1993). Differences between Australian and Japanese students in decisional self-esteem, decisional stress, and coping styles. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 24(3), 284-297. DOI : 10.1177/0022022193243002 https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022193243002
- M. H. Segall, W. J. Lonner & J. W. Berry. (1998). Cross-cultural psychology as a scholarly discipline: On the flowering of culture in behavioral research. American Psychologist, 53(10), 1101-1110. DOI : 10.1037/0003-066X.53.10.1101 https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.53.10.1101
- J. Choi & L. V. Geistfeld. (2004). A cross-cultural investigation of consumer e-shopping adoption. Journal of Economic Psychology, 25(6), 821-838. DOI : 10.1016/j.joep.2003.08.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joep.2003.08.006
- K. M. Elliott, J. Meng & M. C. Hall. (2008). Technology readiness and the likelihood to use self-service technology: Chinese vs. American consumers. Marketing Management Journal, 18(2), 20-31.
- G. Hofstede, G. J. Hofstede & M. Minkov. (2010). Cultures and organizations :Software for the mind, McGraw-Hill: Higher Education.
- C. H. Lin, H. Y. Shih & P. J. Sher. (2007). Integrating technology readiness into technology acceptance: The TRAM model. Psychology & Marketing, 24(7), 641-657. DOI : 10.1002/mar.20177 https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.20177
- Y. M. Baek. (2015). Current status of E-commerce market in China and implication. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(1), 111-124. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.111 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.111