- Volume 17 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Domestic Research Trends and Cases of University Education and Operation in the Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
제4차 산업혁명 시대에서의 대학 교육 및 운영에 관한 연구 동향과 사례
- Kim, Kyu Tae (Department of Education, Keimyung University)
- 김규태 (계명대학교 교육학과)
- Received : 2019.05.10
- Accepted : 2019.08.20
- Published : 2019.08.28
This study was to explore the domestic research trends, and education and operation cases concerned with Korean colleges in the fourth industrial revolution era. It was conducted through the analysis of 114 academic papers registered to the Korea Research Foundation, the newspaper articles, and the main 4-year university homepage from 2016 to April 2019. The results was as follows. Research papers have been increasing since 2016; research were conducted by humanities and social sciences as well as engineering academics interesting in research topics such as technologies, curriculum, and teaching and learning by mainly using quantitative research, literature research. As for the college education, reorganization of the undergraduate and majors centered on the science and engineering field, teaching and learning related with learner's participation and performance, and provide efficient academic affairs management and career guidance using Chatbot or Cloud computing. Industry-academia cooperation was focuses on the field of science and engineering. In future research, it is necessary to explore the research on college students' career and employment, the research on academic affairs management and infrastructure, the relational research considering the variables among college students and faculties, and the qualitative and mixed method approach.
Supported by : Keimyung University
- K. Schwab. (2016). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Geneva: World Economic Forum.
- J. H. Ryu & Y. Y. You. (2018). The Fourth Industrial Revolution core technology association analysis using text mining, Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(8), 129-136, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.8.129 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.8.129
- W. K. Ha & N. H. Choi. (2015). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Seoul: Contentshada.
- World Economic Forum. (2015). New vision for education: Unlocking the potential of technology. http://widgets.weforum.org/nve-2015/
- World Economic Forum. (2016). The future of jobs. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Future_of_Jobs.pdf
- E. J. Lee. (2017). Korean university education at the inflection point and The 4th Industrial Revolution: Call for transformation from knowledge discourse to education discourse. The Journal of Humanities, 38(2), 141-181,
- H. G. Cho. (2017). The change of higher education and the tasks of general education according to the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Korean Journal of General Education, 11(2), 53-89.
- S. A. Kyun, H. R. Jung, & Y. J. Yang. (2018). A study on the future university model based on the Fourth Industrial Revolution : Focusing on the expert interviews". Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Society,. 8(9),. 543-552. http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/AJMAHS.2018.09.59
- A. H. Lee. (2018). Domestic research trends analysis of software education. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 24(2), 277-301.
- J. E. Ryu, J. H. Lim., K S. Yoon & J. C. Jeong. (2016). The analysis on trends in Domestic Research of Key Competency. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, 48(3), 53-81. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2016.48.3.53
- K. Y. Byun & S. H. Ka. (2012). Critical Reflections on Higher Education Administration Research in Korea: An Analysis of Research Topic, Method, and Researcher. The Journal of Educational Administration, 30(1), 121-145.
- K. T. Kim. (2017). Analyzing research trends of student leadership. Journal of Education & Culture, 23(6A), 7-25. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2017.23.6.7 https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2017.23.6.7
- Y. S. Noh & Y. S. Lee. (2018). An analysis of the trends in domestic research on industry-academic cooperation. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, 50(1), 179-206.
- H. N. Kim. (2018). Augmented reality trends in educational research: Through a systematic review of Korean literature. Journal of the Korean Association of Information Education, 22(3), 397-407. https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2018.22.3.397
- A. H. Lee (2018). Domestic research trends analysis of software education. The Journal of Educational Information and Media, 24(2), 277-301. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15833/KAFEIAM.24.2.277
- N. R. Kim, S. H. Park, K. W. Jeon & J. M. Pyo. (2017). "A study on university students'perception of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and university education. The Journal of Creativity Education, 17(4), 101-121.
- Y. J. An, & Y. S. Iem. (2017). A study on the university students recognition of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and seeking the direction of career education. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(18), 329-351. http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.18.329
- J. S. Huh. (2017). Social network analysis of the core competencies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution on newspaper article: Focusing on engineering students. Journal of Engineering Education Research, 20(5), 50-58.
- K. A. Jang.. (2018). The convergence effects of a class using action learning on 4c core competencies of dentral hygiene students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(10), 103-108. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.103 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.10.103
- S. M. Lee. (2018). Preparations for the 4th Industrial Revolution and the directioin of universith education transformation. Business Education Review, 33(6), 107-131.
- G. J. Park & Y. J. Choi. (2018). Exploratory study on the direction of software education for the non-major undergrduate students". Journal of Education & Culture, 24(4), 273-292. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2018.24.4.273 https://doi.org/10.24159/JOEC.2018.24.4.273
- S. H. Kim. (2017). Analysis about the initial process of learning transfer in computational thinking education. The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, 20(6), 61-69.
- W. S. Kim. (2017). A study on the recognition of freshman on computational thinking as essential course. Culture and Convergence, 39(6), 141-170.
- S. M. Lim. (2018). Hanbat Univ., opening artificial intelligence ethics course. Daehak News. http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/society/area/885731.html
- C. S. Choi. (2019). Convergence, software, and future generation talent development. Daehak News http://www.dhnews.co.kr/news/quickViewArticleView.html?idxno=69686
- S. W. Hong. (2018). A study on establishment of creative interdisciplinary major and development of curriculum in preparation of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The Treatise on the Plastic Media, 21(4), 168-176.
- Ministry of Education. (2018). 2018 Admission quota of four-year university. https://www.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=33\&boardSeq=75341&lev=0&searchType=null&statusYN=W&page=3&s=moe&m=0303&opType=N
- H. S. Shin. (2019). The department of software convergence at Kyung Hee Univ., pursuing convergence. Daehak News, http://www.dhnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=78904
- B. K. Yoo. (2018). August, establishment of convergence basic division, without majoring until graduation. Munhwailbo, http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html?no=2018060801033030121001
- World Economic Forum. (2016). New vision for education: Fostering social and emotional learning through technology. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_New_Vision_for_Education.pdf
- S. A. Kyun, Y. J. Yang, & H. R. Jung. (2018). Analysis of the university professor's recognition on the introduction of new technologies to universities and the transformation of the current university system in the 4th Industrial revolution era. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Society, 8(8), 873-882. http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/AJMAHS.2018.08.4
- S. A. Kyun. (2018). Analyses of the current professors' recognition on the instructional methods and on the university professors' competences of the future universities based on the 4th industrial revolution. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 8(12), 179-188. http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/AJMAHS.2018.12.39
- G. T. Park. (2017). AI Teaching Assistant, manage major and taking class. Hankook Economy, http://news.hankyung.com/article/2017121709001
- K. I. Woo. (2018). Big data, IoT, AI, Robot. DongAilbo, http://news.donga.com/3/all/20180328/89343009/1
- H. J. Lee. (2018). AI lessons and VR experience learning. Seoul Economy, https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1RWZ7QTV8L
- H. J. Kim. (2018). Coming AI assistant. University News Network, http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=201870
- T. J. Seong. (2017). Suggestions for the human character and education in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Korean Journal of Educational Research, 55(2), 1-21.
- H. J. Kim. (2018). Colleges eliminate relative rating. Seoulsimun, https://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=081&aid=0002965560&sid1=001
- Y. H. Kim, J. H. Baek, Y. M. Lee, J. H. Seo, & H. S. Shin. (2009). Understanding Higher Education. Seoul: Hakjisa.
- I. B. Park. (2008). Administration in College. Seoul: Korea Academic Information..
- J. S. Park. (2019). Academic credit exchange. WowTV, http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=201870
- H. M. Oh. (2019). Kookmin Univ., establishing Private cloud platform-based information system infrastructure. Daehak News, http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=201870
- W. C. Lee. (2018). Blockchain can prevent falsification of education. Tomato News, http://news.unn.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=201870
- B. Y. Kim & S. J. Kwak, (2017). A study on the introduction of makespace at academic library. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(3), 259-279. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.201709.259
- D. J. Noh & T. I. Son. (2016). A study on the Internet of Things services in university libraries focused on S university library. Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 27(4), 301-320. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2016.27.4.301
- K. J. Lee, S. A, Lee, K. A. Ku & J. H. Kim. (2017). Design of future career big data information system for the deciding career path and supporting employment. Journal of Information Technology and Architecture, 14(2), 163-174.
- D. H. Kim & C. S. Kim. (2019). Samsung Electronics, Semiconductor Contracting Department at Seoul National University. Yonhapnews, https://www.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20190326188400003?input=1195m
- S. K. Woo. (2019). SDS, Data analysis Industry-Academic Cooperation. Segyeilbo, http://www.segye.com/newsView/20190227004382?OutUrl=naver
- H. J. Lee. (2018). Korea University made agreement to activate local specialized industry utilizing Big Data, http://www.industrynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=23268