- Volume 23 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Improvement in emergency medical technician-basic training program : a review of the status of training institutions and designation criteria
2급 응급구조사 양성과정 개선방안 연구 : 양성기관 현황 및 지정기준 검토
- Lee, Nam-Jong (Department of Paramedic Science, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Shin, Dong-Min (Department of Paramedic Science, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Kim, Byung-Woo (Department of Paramedic Science, Korea National University of Transportation) ;
- Park, Si-Eun (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Doankang College University) ;
- Yoo, Eun-Ji (USAMEDDAC-KOREA) ;
- Yoon, Byoung-Gil (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Konyang University) ;
- Yun, Seong-Woo (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Namseoul University) ;
- Yun, Hyeong-Wan (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Vision College of Jeonju) ;
- Lee, Kyoung-Youl (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Kongju National University) ;
- Choi, Jae-Woong (Emergency Medical Service Non-commissioned Officer, Gumi University) ;
- Hwang, Sung-Hoon (Department of Emergency Medical Services, Kangwon National University)
- 이남종 (한국교통대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 신동민 (한국교통대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 김병우 (한국교통대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 박시은 (동강대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 유은지 (주한미군의무사령부) ;
- 윤병길 (건양대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 윤성우 (남서울대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 윤형완 (전주비전대학교 응급구조과) ;
- 이경열 (공주대학교 응급구조학과) ;
- 최재웅 (구미대학교 응급의료부사관과) ;
- 황성훈 (강원대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2019.07.12
- Accepted : 2019.08.18
- Published : 2019.08.31
Purpose: To discuss the records and legal standards of emergency medical technician training institutions in Korea and abroad, to identify the problems, and to provide the basic resources for improving the EMT-basic training institutions. Methods: We received advice through an advisory meeting of experts (professors of department of emergency medical technicians) and interested parties (Korean Association of Emergency Medical Technicians, officials of emergency medical technician training institutions) and referred to various reports published by governments, official institutions, and other trustworthy organizations. Also, we communicated with the related experts abroad (3 countries) on the phone or by email for surveys. Results: Compared to the abroad, it is necessary to categorize the standards and procedures of designating the emergency medical technician training institutions in Korea and improve the management of training institutions to train competent emergency medical technicians. Conclusion: It is necessary to designate and manage continuously the emergency medical technician-basic training programs for the systematic primary healthcare service.
EMT-basic;Training program;Institution;Designation criteria
Supported by : 보건복지부
- Lee JS. Problems and development direction of emergency medical services. J Law Med Ethics 1997;4(8):34-41.
- Yun HW, Lee JA, Choi JW. A delphi study on charging for 119 emergency medical services. J Korean Soc Emerg Med 2017;28(2):190-200.
- Sun JS. An Emergency medical technician's emergency medical treatment and criminal liability. Wonkwang Legal Research Institute 2018;19:41-66. https://doi.org/10.22397/bml.2018.19.41
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Development of the emergency medical services system. Available at: http://www.kdi.re.kr/common/report_download.jsp?list_no=13663&member_pub=2&type=pub&cacheclear=9, 2014.
- Choi ES, Koh BY, Park HJ, Kim HS, Kwon HR, Choi HK et al. Policy suggestions to educate and produce outstanding paramedics in Korea. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2018; 22(1):7-19. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2018.22.1.007
- National Emergency Medical Center. 2017 Emergency medical statistical yearbook. Available at: https://www.e-gen.or.kr/nemc/statistics_annual_report.do
- National Emergency Medical Center. Establishment of clinical practice guidelines for emergency medical technician training course, 2011. Available at: https://www.e-gen.or.kr/egen/first_aid_data_view.do?brdctsno=90&upperfixyn=YcurentPageNum=7&brdclscd=&searchTarget=ALL&searchKeyword=&searchDatayear=
- Korean Association of Emergency Medical Technician. Status of emergency medical technician by year. Available at: http://www.emt.or.kr/stats_recsroom/stats_recsroom_base/stats_recsroom_main/emrrsc_sttus, 2019.
- National Emergency Medical Center. Development of evaluation method of curriculum of emergency medical technician training college and training institutes. Available at: https://www.e-gen.or.kr/nemc/investigation_view.do?brdctsno=53&upperfixyn=NcurentPageNum=7&brdclscd=&searchTarget=ALL&searchKeyword=&searchDatayear=, 2008.
- Yuk JH. The knowledge and performance on trauma first aid related factors by second-level emergency medical technician in Korea coast guard. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University 2017, Gwangju, Korea.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. National emergency medical services education standards. Available at: https://www.ems.gov/pdf/National-EMS-Education-Standards-FINAL-Jan-2009.pdf, 2009.
- National Association of State EMS Officials. EMS instructor qualifications. Available at: https://nasemso.org/wp-content/uploads/EMS-Instructor-Qualifications-Template.pdf, 2010.
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. The history of the national registry and ems in the United States. Available at: http://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/history, 2019.
- The e-Government General Service. EMT training institutions designation rule. Available at: https://elaws.e-gov.go.jp/search/elawsSearch/elaws_search/lsg0500/detail?lawId=403M50000180002, 1991.
- Lee KY. Training and role of paramedics in Japan. Korean J Emerg Med Ser 2014;18(2):137-45. https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.137 https://doi.org/10.14408/KJEMS.2014.18.2.137
- Saitama Prefecture. Summary of paramedic training course. Available at: https://www.pref.saitama.lg.jp/b0401/youseijyo/youseisyogaiyou.html, 2017.
- National Sports University Academic Affairs Office. Ambulance technician training organization or group permission review operation principle. Available at: https://academic.ntsu.edu.tw/bin/home.php, 2016.
- Law and regulations database of the republic of China. Ambulance technician management method. Available at: https://law.moj.gov.tw/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=L0020141, 1997.
- Chang YT, Tsai KC, Williams B. What are the educational and curriculum needs for emergency medical technicians in Taiwan? A scoping review. Advances in Medical Education and Practice 2017;8:649-67. https://doi.org/10.2147/AMEP.S140839 https://doi.org/10.2147/AMEP.S140839
- Kang KH. Predictors of emergency medical transports use based on 2009 Korea health panel. Fire Science and Engineering 2014;28 (3):80-6. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2014.28.3.080