Fig. 1. Distribution of rainfall drop size according to the origin (maritime or continental) and classes of R (D = Diameter and R = rainfall).
Fig. 2. Total number of drops (NT) and precipitation rate (R).
Table 1. Static characteristics of rainfall.
Table 2. Values A and b of the equations. Power for systems of rainfall production of the marine and continental type.
Table 3. Relative error of the power equation analysis in different classes of rain intensity to determine the approximate value of the kinetic energy rate for the continental type rainfall.
Table 4. Relative error of the power equation analysis in different classes of rain intensity to determine the approximate value of the kinetic energy rate for the maritime type rainfall.
Supported by : KMIPA
- L. Molion and S. Bernardo, "Uma revisao da dinâmica das chuvas no Nordeste Brasileiro," Revista Brasileira Meteorologia, vol. 17, no. 1, 2002, pp. 1-10.
- V. Eousky and M. Gan, "Upper tropospheric cyclonic vortices in the tropical South Atlantic," Tellus, vol. 33, no. 6, 1981, pp. 538-551. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2153-3490.1981.tb01780.x
- N. Brady and R. Weil, Elements of the nature and properties of soils. Porto Alegre-RS: Bookman, 2013.
- P. I. A. Kinnell, "Rainfall intensity-kinetic energy relationships for soil loss prediction," Soil Science Society of America, vol. 45, no. 1, 1981, pp. 153-155. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1981.03615995004500010033x
- C. Rosewell, "Rainfall kinetic energy in Eastern Australia," J. Appl. Meteorol. Climatol., vol. 25, no. 11, 1986, pp. 1695-1701. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(1986)025<1695:RKEIEA>2.0.CO;2
- M. Steiner and J. A. Smith, "Reflectivity, Rain Rate and Kinetic Energy Flux Relationships Based on Raindrop Spectra," J. Appl. Meteorol. Climatol., vol. 39, no. 11, 2000, pp. 1923-1940. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0450(2000)039<1923:RRRAKE>2.0.CO;2
- C. Salles, J. Poesen, and D. Sempere-Torres, "Kinetic energy of rain and its functional relationship with intensity," J. of Hydrology, vol. 257, no. 1-4, 2002, pp. 256-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1694(01)00555-8
- M. C. da Silva Moraes, "Parametros de radar e distribuicao do tamanho de gotas de chuva continental e marinha no leste do nordeste do Brasil: sua influencia na estimativa da vazao na Bacia do Rio Mundau," Doctoral Thesis, Universidade Federal de Campina Grande, 2011.
- W. Wischmeier and D. Smith, "Rainfall energy and its relation to soil loss," Transactions of the American Geophysical Union, vol. 39, no. 2, 1958, pp. 285-291. https://doi.org/10.1029/TR039i002p00285
- M. S. V. Cabeda, Computation of storm EI values. West Lafayette: Purdue University, 1976.
- R. Tenorio, B. Kwon, L. Molion, and D. Quintao, "Radar Rainfall Studies over Eastern Coast of Northeast Brazil," J. of the Kor. Meteorol. Soc., vol. 39, no. 6, 2003, pp. 699-707.
- R. Tenorio, M. Moraes, and H. Sauvageot, "Raindrop Size Distribution and Radar Parameters in Coastal Tropical Rain Systems of Northeastern Brazil," J. Appl. Meteorol. Climatol., vol. 51, no. 11, 2012, pp. 1960-1970. https://doi.org/10.1175/JAMC-D-11-0121.1
- N. Yu, B. Boudevillain, G. Delrieu, and R. Uijlenhoet, "Estimation of rain kinetic energy from radar reflectivity and/or rain rate based on a scaling formulation of the raindrop size distribution," Water Resources Research, vol. 48, no. 4, 2012, pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advwatres.2012.07.002