- Volume 3 Issue 4
We have studied the behavior of light in the intermediate regime between a single nanoslit and an infinite nanoslit array. We first calculated the optical characteristics of a small number of nanoslits using finite element numerical analysis. The phase variance of the proposed nanoslit model shows a gradual phase shift between a single nanoslit and ideal nanoslit array, which stabilizes before the total array length becomes
Metamaterial;Effective medium theory;Nanoslit array;Fresnel zone plate
- M. L. Brongersma and P. G. Kik, Surface plasmon nanophotonics (Springer, Dordrecht, 2007).
- H. Lan and Y. Ding, "Nanoimprint lithography," in Lithography, M. Wang. ed. (InTechOpen, London, UK, 2010), pp. 457-494.
- H. Kim, "Plasmonics on optical fiber platforms," in Plasmonics, T. Gric. ed. (IntechOpen, London, UK, 2018), Chapter 10.
- F. Qin, L. Ding, L. Zhang, F. Monticone, C. C. Chum, J. Deng, S. Mei, Y. Li, J. Teng, M. Hong, S. Zhang, A. Alù, and C.-W. Qiu, "Hybrid bilayer plasmonic metasurface efficiently manipulates visible light," Sci. Adv. 2, e1501168 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.1501168
- D. Lin, P. Fan, E. Hasman, and M. L. Brongersma, "Dielectric gradient metasurface optical elements," Science 345, 298-302 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1253213
- D. Schurig, J. J. Mock, B. J. Justice, S. A. Cummer, J. B. Pendry, A. F. Starr, and D. R. Smith, "Metamaterial electromagnetic cloak at microwave frequencies," Science 314, 977-980 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1133628
- N. Engheta and R. W. Ziolkowski, Metamaterials: Physics and engineering explorations (John Wiley & Sons, US, 2006).
- P. R. West, J. L. Stewart, A. V. Kildishev, V. M. Shalaev, V. V. Shkunov, F. Strohkendl, Y. A. Zakharenkov, R. K. Dodds, and R. Byren, "All-dielectric subwavelength metasurface focusing lens," Opt. Express 22, 26212-26221 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.22.026212
- S. Liu, M. B. Sinclair, S. Saravi, G. A. Keeler, Y. Yang, J. Reno, G. M. Peake, F. Setzpfandt, I. Staude, T. Pertsch, and I. Brener, "Resonantly enhanced second-harmonic generation using III-V semiconductor all-dielectric metasurfaces," Nano Lett. 16, 5426-5432 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b01816
- E. Karimi, S. A. Schulz, I. D. Leon, H. Qassim, J. Upham, and R. W. Boyd, "Generating optical orbital angular momentum at visible wavelengths using a plasmonic metasurface," Light: Sci. Appl. 3, e167 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1038/lsa.2014.48
- X. Yi, P. Huang, X. Huang, Z. Xu, C. Zhang, J. Zhao, X. Liu, Y. Ai, and H. Chen, "Operation of polarization order of vector beams with cascaded metasurfaces," Appl. Phys. B 123, 243 (2017).
- N. Nookala, J. Xu, O. Wolf, S. March, R. Sarma, S. Bank, J. Klem, I. Brener, and M. Belkin, "Mid-infrared second-harmonic generation in ultra-thin plasmonic metasurfaces without a full-metal backplane," Appl. Phys. B 124, 132 (2018).
- X. Ni, S. Ishii, A. V. Kildishev, and V. M. Shalaev, "Ultra-thin, planar, Babinet-inverted plasmonic metalenses," Light: Sci. Appl. 2, e72 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1038/lsa.2013.28
- S.-Y. Lee, K. Kim, G.-Y. Lee, and B. Lee, "Polarization-multiplexed plasmonic phase generation with distributed nanoslits," Opt. Express 23, 15598-15607 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.23.015598
- H. Kim, J. Kim, H. An, Y. Lee, G.-y. Lee, J. Na, K. Park, S. Lee, S.-Y. Lee, B. Lee, and Y. Jeong, "Metallic Fresnel zone plate implemented on an optical fiber facet for super-variable focusing of light," Opt. Express 25, 30290-30303 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.25.030290
- M. Khorasaninejad, W. T. Chen, R. C. Devlin, J. Oh, A. Y. Zhu, and F. Capasso, "Metalenses at visible wavelengths: Diffraction-limited focusing and subwavelength resolution imaging," Science 352, 1190-1194 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aaf6644
- E. T. Rogers, J. Lindberg, T. Roy, S. Savo, J. E. Chad, M. R. Dennis, and N. I. Zheludev, "A super-oscillatory lens optical microscope for subwavelength imaging," Nat. Mater. 11, 432-435 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1038/nmat3280
- C. Choi, S.-J. Kim, J.-G. Yun, J. Sung, S.-Y. Lee, and B. Lee, "Deflection angle switching with a metasurface based on phase-change nanorods," Chin. Opt. Lett. 16, 050009 (2018). https://doi.org/10.3788/COL201816.050009
- J. Kim, H. Kim, G.-Y. Lee, J. Kim, B. Lee, and Y. Jeong, "Numerical and experimental study on multi-focal metallic Fresnel zone plates designed by the phase selection rule via virtual point sources," Appl. Sci. 8, 449 (2018). https://doi.org/10.3390/app8030449
- C. W. Haggans, L. Li, and R. K. Kostuk, "Effective-medium theory of zeroth-order lamellar gratings in conical mountings," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 10, 2217-2225 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.10.002217
- Y. Jeong, L. A. Vazquez-Zuniga, S. J. Lee, G. Choi, Y. Kwon, and H. Kim, "High-power fiber lasers," in Proc. 2012 17th Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference, (Korea, Jul. 2012), pp. 580-581.
- H. Kim and Y. Jeong, "Theoretical and numerical study of cylindrical-vector-mode radiation characteristics in periodic metallic annular slits and their applications," Curr. Opt. Photon. 2, 482-487 (2018).
- J. Kim, J. Kim, J. Na, and Y. Jeong, "Numerical study of a novel bi-focal metallic fresnel zone plate having shallow depth-of-field characteristics," Curr. Opt. Photon. 2, 147-152 (2018).
- H. Kim, "Metallic triangular pillar grating arrays for high transmission polarizers for air:glass interfaces," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 58, 042001 (2019). https://doi.org/10.7567/1347-4065/ab0274
- N. T. Trung, D. Lee, H. K. Sung, and S. Lim, "Angle-and polarization-insensitive metamaterial absorber based on vertical and horizontal symmetric slotted sectors," Appl Opt. 55, 8301-8307 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.55.008301
- S.-Y. Lee, "Design of a plasmonic switch using ultrathin chalcogenide phase-change material," Curr. Opt. Photon. 1, 239-246 (2017).
Supported by : National Research Foundation (NRF)