- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Report on the Status of Cooperation through the Korean Medicine and Western Medicine Collaboration Process
한의학과 서양의학의 협진 프로세스를 통한 협진 현황 보고
- Received : 2019.06.20
- Accepted : 2019.07.04
- Published : 2019.07.31
Objectives The purpose of this study is to investigate present status of cooperation through Korean medicine and Western medicine collaboration process. Methods We have established Korean medicine and Western medicine collaboration process to examine the status of cooperation. The medical records were investigated retrospectively, the general characteristics of gender, age of cooperative patients, classification of disease, frequency of medical treatment and type of insurance were analyzed. Results The Korean medicine and Western medicine collaboration process conducted in 4 stages, the convenience of patient movements is considered. A total of 245 people received cooperative medical treatment, 156 were out-patient department (OPD) patients and 89 were hospitalized patients, both group have more women than men. When classified as disease, OPD patients were most diagnosed with Sprain and strain of lumbar spine, while hospitalized patients were most diagnosed with lumbar and other intervertebral disc disorders with radiculopathy. A total of 72.7% patients were received cooperative medical treatment at once. In a survey of cooperative satisfaction, 68.5% of all medical staff responded positively to the treatment effect, and 68.6% said the need for cooperation was necessary. Conclusions As a result of this study, we were able to see the present status of cooperation, and through this, we found an improvement in the continuation of the cooperation. Based on the present study, It is hoped that a cooperative process will emerge that can improve the problems shown in this study.
Integrative medicine;Cooperative medical care;Korean medicine
- Lee HJ, Kim SL, Jung MS, Choi MK. The evaluation of the knowledge and educational requirement levels of oriental medicine of medical staf working in oriental-western colaborative medicine hospitals. Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine. 2008;12(1):49-60.
- Uhm TW, Kim NK, Kim SA. An analysis on present condition of the cooperative medical care using the episode of care : claims data of health insurance review & assessment service. Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine. 2015;19(2):51-6.
- Kwon YK, Lee HJ. Attitudes of medical professions towards the cooperated medical treatments of Korean oriental medicine and Western medicine. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2006;20(1):10-4.
- Ryu JS, Lim BM, Cho BM, Lee WC, Yoon TH. Consciousness on co-operative practices between doctors who working in cooperative practicing hospitals and general hospital. Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine. 2009;13(3):29-41.
- Kim KH. A study on utiization of medical doctors cooperated with traditional Korean medicine. Seoul: Korean Medical Association. 2004:1-88.
- Lim EJ, Kim SY, Sohn MS, Choi PL, Oh BS. Research on the conflicts and future direction of integrative medicine in Korea. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2014;28(2):243-50.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Korean medicine and west medicine collaboration 1st demontration project guide. Seoul:Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2016:1-36.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Korean medicine and west medicine collaboration 2nd demontration project guide. Seoul:Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2017:1-63.
- Yoon BJ, Kim YH. A study on the patients' disease status and the consciousness for co-operative treatment of western and oriental hospital. Annual Bulletin of Institute of Hospital Management. 1996;2(1):39-53.
- Goo JG, No HI, Hong SM, Kang IS, Lee YH, Han DW. Workers' attitude about a system of collaborative hospital practice between Western and Traditional Korean Medicine. Journal of Society of preventive Korean Medicine. 2009;13(2):129-46.
- Park HL, Hong MN, Cho JH, Choi JY, Kim NK, Park JM, Park JS, Lee DW, Baek KH, Lee I. Study on the trend od domestic and international research about convergence in Korean medicine. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2015;29(4):313-21. https://doi.org/10.15188/kjopp.2015.08.29.4.313
- Han KI, Shin SH, Lim GM, Lee JH, Ko YS. Reviewing research of Eastern-Western integrative medicine studies in Korea. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(1):53-60. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.1.53
- Chang HJ, Song SM, Park YS, Nam DW, Lee DI, Lee JD, Lee YH, Lim SBN. Economic evaluation of Eastern, Western and collaborative treatments for patients with frozen shoulder pain. The Journal of Korean Medicine. 2007;28(1):72-86.
- Kim BM, Jo HG, Kang HW, Choi SY, Song MY, Sul JU, Leem JT. Proposal of evidence-based east-west integrative medicine manual for vascular dementia. The Journal of Korean Medicine. 2019;40(1):46-62. https://doi.org/10.13048/jkm.19005
- Song MY, Jo HG, Sul JH, Leem JT. Proposal of east-west integrative medicine manual for rehabilitation after knee surgery. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(1):97-107.
- Song MY, Jo HG, Sul JH, Leem JT. Proposal of east-west integrative medicine manual for rehabilitation after shoulder surgery. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(1):109-20. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.1.109
- Song MY, Jo HG, Sul JH, Leem JT. Proposal of east-west integrative medicine manual for rehabilitation after lumbar spine surgery. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2018;28(4):59-69. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2018.28.4.59
- Lee GE, Cheong MJ, Lee SI, Kim NK, Kim JW, Kang HW. Retrospective analysis of patients suffering from dementia or mild cognitive impairment treated by collaboration between Western and Korean medicine. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2018;29(2):111-9.
- Kim HM, Kim NK, Nam SH, Lee HY. A study of utilization behavior in patients receiving Korean Medicine and Western Medicine collaboration. Journal of Society of Preventive Korean Medicine. 2018;22(2):25-32. https://doi.org/10.25153/spkom.2018.22.2.003
- Kwon MG, Jo HG, Kim JW, Jeung CW, Go YJ, Seol JU, Lee SY. The analysis of east-west integrative care system in a Korean medicine hospital using by EMR data: preliminary study. J Korean Med Rehabil. 2017;27(2):93-9. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2017.27.2.93