Table 1. General Characteristics of Participan ts
Table 2. Mean Scores for sense of humor, optimism and nursing performance
Table 3. Differences in sense of humor, optimism and nursing performance according to General Characteristics
Table 4. Correlations of Sense of humor, Optimism and Nursing performance
Table 5. Influencing Factors on Nursing performance
- A. N. Park, K. H. Chung & W. G. Kim. (2016). A study on the critical thinking disposition, self-directed learning readiness and professional nursing competency. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 22(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.1.1
- G. M. Noh & M. S. Yoo. (2016). Effects of workplace spirituality and organizational citizenship behavior on nursing performance. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 22(3), 251-259. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.3.251
- E. H. Oh & B. Y. Chung. (2011). The effect of empowerment on nursing performance, job satisfaction, organizational commitment, and turnover intention in hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17(4), 391-401. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.4.391
- Y. K. Ko, T. W. Lee & J. Y. Lim. (2007). Development of a performance measurement scale for hospital nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(3), 286-294. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.3.286
- N. S. Ha & J. Choi. (2010). An analysis of nursing competency affecting on job satisfaction and nursing performance among clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 16(3), 286-294. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.3.286
- Y. M. Cho & M. S. Choi. (2016). Effect of clinical nurses' basic psychological need, self-leadership and job stress on nursing performance. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(8), 343-353. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.3.251
- V. M. Robinson. (1977). Humor and the health profession. New Jersey : Slack.
- P. Astedt-Kurki, A. Isola, T. Tammentie & U. Kervinen. (2001). Importance of humour to client-nurse relationships and clients' well-being. International journal of nursing practice, 7(2), 119-125. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-172X.2001.00287.x
- S. Min, Y. J. Jung & H. S. Kim. (2004). Correlation between a sense of humor in nurses and their performance. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 17(4), 1427-1444.
- H. B. Kaplan, & Boyd, I. H. (1965). The social functions of humor on an open psychiatric ward. The Psychiatric Quarterly, 39(1-4), 502-515. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01569482
- M. M. Tse, A. P. Lo, T. L. Cheng, E. K. Chan, A. H. Chan & H. S. Chung. (2010). Humor therapy: relieving chronic pain and enhancing happiness for older adults. Journal of aging research, 2010.
- M. F. Scheier & C. S. Carver. (1985). Optimism, coping, and health: assessment and implications of generalized outcome expectancies. Health psychology, 4(3), 219. https://doi.org/10.1037/0278-622.214.171.124
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang & A. Buchner. (2007). G* Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior research methods, 39(2), 175-191. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- S. Svebak. (1974). Revised questionnaire on the sense of humor. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, 15(1), 328-331. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9450.1974.tb00597.x
- M. S. Hwang. (1991). The relationship between the sense of humor and ways of stress coping. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Wonkwang University, Chunbuk
- H. S Son.(2008). The relationship between nurses' sense of humor and empowerment. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- M. F. Scheier, C. S. Carver & M. W. Bridges. (1994). Distinguishing optimism from neuroticism (and trait anxiety, self-mastery, and self-esteem): a reevaluation of the Life Orientation Test. Journal of personality and social psychology, 67(6), 1257-1264.
- H. S. Shin. (2005). Testing the mediating effect of coping in the relation of optimism and pessimism to psychological adjustment in adolescents. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 12(3), 165-192.
- S. I. Im, J. Park & H. S. Kim. (2012). The Effects of Nurses Communication and Self-Leadership on Nursing Performance. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 21(3), 274-282. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.274
- M. S. Im, K. H. Park, E. K. Choi, W. S. Kim & E. J. Choi. (2017). The Relationship between Verbal Abuse, Psychosocial Stress, and Nursing Performance in Nurses. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 17(8), 586-596. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.08.586
- J. Y. Choi, I. Y. Hwang & Y. M. Park. (2012). Relationship among sense of humor, self-esteem, and performance in Nurses. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 21(1), 10-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.1.10
- S. K. Sohn, M. S. Kim, Y. S. Lee, H. K. Park & M. Y. Roh. (2014). The mediating effect of social support and stress on optimism and psychological well-being in clinical nurses. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 20(1), 63-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2014.20.1.63
- S. I. Lee & E. J. Lee. (2016). Effect of nursing work environment, emotional labor and ego-resilience on nursing performance of clinical nurses. Journal of Korea Society for Wellness, 11(4), 267-276. http://dx.doi.org/10.21097/ksw.2016.11.11.4.267
- S. H. Park & M. J. Park. (2018). The Effects of Emotional Intelligence, Nursing Work Environment on Nursing Work Performance in Clinical Nurses. Journal of Digital Convergence, 16(4), 175-184. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2018.16.4.175
- W. Nafei. (2015). Meta-Analysis of the Impact of Psychological Capital on Quality of Work Life and Organizational Citizenship Behavior: A Study on Sadat City University. International Journal of Business Administration, 6(2), 42. https://doi.org/10.5430/ijba.v6n2p42
- T. Sun, X. W. Zhao, L. B. Yang & L. H. Fan. (2012). The impact of psychological capital on job embeddedness and job performance among nurses: a structural equation approach. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(1), 69-79. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05715.x
- J. Y. Choi, I. Y. Hwang & Y. M. Park. (2012). Relationship among sense of humor, self-esteem, and performance in Nurse. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 21(1), 10-17. http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn. 2012.21.1.10
- S. Min, Y. Jung & H. Kim. (2004). Correlation between a sense of humor in nurses and their performance. Korean Journal of Business Administration, 17(4), 1427-1444.