- Volume 10 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factor of Satisfaction or Dissatisfaction of e-Learning Using Kano Model and Timko's Customer Satisfaction coefficients
Kano 모델과 Timko의 고객만족계수를 이용한 이러닝 만족 및 불만족 요인에 관한 연구
Bae, Jae-Hong;Shin, Ho-Young
- Received : 2019.06.07
- Accepted : 2019.07.20
- Published : 2019.07.28
This study was conducted to investigate the factors affecting satisfaction and dissatisfaction of e-learning learner students using Kano model and Timko's customer satisfaction coefficient. The results of the analysis showed that firstly, the students are highly satisfied when it is convenient to learn visually and audibly, when the students can ask questions at any time, and when the professor was interested in the students. Second, the rational criteria and accurate evaluation of grades and assignments were confirmed as factors that should be satisfied. Third, unlike the results of the basic study that the students use e-learning due to the convenience of learning time and learning space and the ease of learning process, it is no longer an attractive factor to use e-learning. The results of this study suggest that it is possible to present effective directions for the development of e-learning education and strategic application of each factor classified by the two-dimensional recognition method.
E-Learning service quality;E-Learning Satisfaction;E-Learning Dissatisfaction;Kano model;Customer satisfaction coefficient
- S. U. Kim. (2007). A Study on the Strategies for the Development of Competitive e-Learning Programs in University. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, 39(1), 167-190. DOI:10.23840/AGEHRD.2007.39.1.167
- Y. J. Bae. (2010). A Qualitative Study on Self-directed Learning in Cyber Space. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 28(2), 205-223. DOI:10.15708/KSCS.28.2.201006.008 https://doi.org/10.15708/kscs.28.2.201006.008
- S. J. Kang, D. C. Lee & H. G. Kim. (2008). A Study on the Effect of an e-Learning Lecture System's Quality on a Learner's Flow and Participation. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, 8(3), 211-237.
- J. J. Woo, B. N. Kim & O. H. Lee. (2009). A Study on the Blended Learning as An Alternative of Face-to-Face Learning in University. Journal of Advanced Information Technology and Convergence, 7(2), 219-225.
- H. Y. Shin, T. M. Choi & D. Y. Jeong. (2013). Antecedents of e-Learning Performance for Business Training: An Analysis of Mediation Effect of Learner's Attitude. The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, 13(3), 157-184.
- Z. Wan, Y. Fang & D. Neufeld. (2007). The Role of Information Technology in Technology Mediated Learning: A Review of the Past for the Future. Journal of Information Systems Education, 18(2), 183-193.
- S. I. Han, J. Y. Lee & H. J. Kim. (2010). A Study of Learners Perception and Self-Efficacy of e-Learning in Relation to their Satisfaction with and Intention of Taking On-Line Courses in University Environments. Korean Journal Educational Research, 48(2), 123-148.
- S. J. Shim. (2011). A Study on the Measuring Satisfaction and Activation Methods of e-Learning. Journal of KECRA, 12(4), 73-91.
- K. H. Jeon. (2016). The Different Effect of e-Learning Content Quality on Student Satisfaction. Journal of Product Research, 34(4), 137-149.
- B. H. Song & J. Y. Lee. (2013). Analysis of Factors Affecting College Students' Satisfaction and Achievement in Liberal Arts. Journal of Educational Technology, 29(2), 241-261. DOI:10.17232/KSET.29.2.241 https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.29.2.241
- M. N. Choi & H. L. Roh. (2011). Effect of the Registration Motivation and Learning Satisfaction on Persistent Intention in e-Learning Courses of University. Journal of Educational Technology, 27(4), 653-673. DOI:10.17232/KSET.27.4.653 https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.27.4.653
- N. Kano, N. Seraku, F. Takahashi & S. Tsuji. (1984). Attractive Quality and Must-be Quality. The Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14(2), 39-48.
- H. J. Jo & M. K. Kim. (2017). An Effect of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in the Case of Mid-Price Hotel : Application of Quality Classification Based on Kano Model. International Journal of Tourism Management and Science, 32(6), 335-353. DOI:10.21719/KJTR.32.6.17 https://doi.org/10.21719/IJTMS.32.6.17
- R. I. Gwon & S. H. Moon. (2012). Quality Improvement Priorities for Mobile Micro-blog Services Using Kano Model. Management Education Review, 27(5), 129-153.
- Y. W. Cho. (2012). Analysis for the Factors that Influence College Student's Satisfaction of Teaching based on Kano Model. Journal of Korea Safety Management & Science, 14(2), 205-212. DOI:10.12812/KSMS.2012.14.2.205
- T. O. Kim. (2012). Analysis of Quality Characteristics of Smart Phone Using Modified Kano Model. Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, 34(1), 57-65).
- H. J. Kim & S. H. Hyun. (2015). The Study on the Service Quality of Airport Waiting Environment through Kano Attractive Quality Factor and Timko's Customer Satisfaction Coefficient. The Journal of Tourism Studies, 27(4), 159-177.
- E. K. Jang. (2015). Classification of Visitors' Satisfaction Attributes in Local Festival Using Kano Model: Focusing on Mokpo Maritime Cultural Festival. International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 29(1), 213-224.
- H. J. Jang & H. G. Kim. (2017). Understanding the Preference for Airline's In-flight Airline Events via KANO Model and Timko`s Customer Satisfaction Coefficients. Journal of Tourism Sciences, 41(8), 175-192. DOI:10.17086/JTS.2017.41.8.175.192
- J. M. Yang & S. I. Han. (2013). A study on Airline Service Quality Assessment using Potential Customer Satisfaction Improvement(PCSI) Index based on Kano Model. Korean Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, 22(6), 37-57.
- H. H. Chang, H. K. Kim & S. H. Choi. (2004). Prioritizing Engineering Characteristics in Quality Function Deployment with Incomplete Information: A Linear Partial Ordering Approach. International Journal of Production Economics, 91(3), 235-249. DOI:10.1016/J.IJPE.2003.09.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2003.09.001
- M. Timko. (1993). An Experiment in Continuous Analysis. Center for Quality of Management Journal, 2(4), 17-20.
- S. U. Lim & Y. T. Park. (2010). Potential Customer Satisfaction Improvement Index Based on Kano Model. Journal of Korean Society for Quality Management, 38(2), 248-260.
- Y. T. Kang & K. S. Chung. (2018). Customer Satisfaction Analysis of Smart Car Features Using the Kano Model: in Control Effect of the Comprehension or Experience of Emerging Technologies. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, 13(4), 155-168. DOI:10.16972/APJBVE.13.4.201808.155
- A. Parasuraman, A. V. Zeithaml & L. L. Berry. (1985). A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and Its Implications for Future Research. Journal of Marketing, 49(4), 41-50. DOI:10.2307/1251430 https://doi.org/10.1177/002224298504900403
- A. Parasuraman, A. V. Zeithaml & L. L. Berry. (1988). SERVQUAL: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Customer Perceptions of Service Quality. Journal of Retailing, 64(1), 12-40.
- H. J. Ku & Y. T. Park. (2010). Measuring Learner Satisfaction in e-Learning Using SERVQUAL. Journal of Korean Society for Quality Management, 38(2), 161-170.
- S. Y. Hwang, D. C. An & Y. J. Kwon. (2018). A Causal Relationship Among Smart Learning Service Quality, User Satisfaction, and Reuse Intentions: Focusing on the Moderating Roles of Self-Efficacy and Flow. Journal of Distribution and Management Research, 21(6), 211-221.
- J. G. Yu. (2013). A Study of Educational Service Quality in University: Focus on Online-Offline Lectures. Journal of Korea Service Management Society, 14(3), 79-104. DOI:10.15706/JKSMS.2013.14.3.005 https://doi.org/10.15706/jksms.2013.14.3.005
- J. K. Lee & J. K. Kim. (2014). A Study on Use Motives for and Effects of e-Learning among College Students in the Fields of Science and Engineering vs. Humanities and Social Science. Journal of Speech, Media & Communication Association, 24, 76-111.
- K. S. Park (2006). A Study of the Influential Factors on the Use Motive and Its Satisfaction in e-Learning. Journal of Cybercommunication Academic Society, 19, 5-40.
- B. H. Ha, B. H. Goo & H. C. Lee. (2009). The Study On the Effects of Learning Motive Factors in e-Learning Classes on e-Learning Motivation. Journal of Human Resource Management Research, 16(S), 289-302.
- C. H. Woo, J. Y. Yoo & J. Y. Park. (2015.). The Relationship Among Hesitation Factor of Questions, Critical Thinking Disposition, and Problem Solving : The University. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(3), 320-329. DOI:10.5977/JKASNE.2015.21.3.320 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.320