- Volume 9 Issue 2
This study sought to examine five theses from major journals concerning Korea's Library and Information Science, published from 1970 to 2018, so as to diagnose the current stage of International Research collaboration in the field of Korea's Library and Information Science which researchers from two or more different nations jointly conducted. Furthermore, it proposed measures for activating International Research collaboration in the field of Korea's Library and Information Science. First, related conferences should be held and education need to be offered in terms of elevating the awareness of the need and importance of international research collaboration. Second, relevant policies need to be developed and projects should be implemented to strengthen the practical international research collaboration. Third, collaboration with various countries should be pursued in the area of detailed majors of library and information science of greater diversity than now in terms of the detailed majors and countries. Fourth, a research environment supporting the collaboration with various research institutions overseas moving forward will need to be created around the universities.
Library and Information Science;International Research Collaboration;International Joint Research;Research Trends
- Choi, H. J. (2008). An Empirical Study on the Influential Factors of International Cooperative R&D Projects on Ocean Science - Focused on Individual Characteristics of research (Unpublished master's thesis). The Graduate School of Ajou University, Suwon, Korea.
- Choi, H. K. (2001). A Study on the Research Patterns of Domestic Library and Information Professors through Analysis of Articles Covered by SSCI. Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 35(2), 5-21.
- Chung, E. K. (2011). Interdisciplinary collaborations in the Domain of Digital Libraries. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 28(2), 37-51.
- Jeong, Y. K. (2017). An Exploration of the Collaborative Topic Analysis Adopting a Spatial Scientometric Approach in Korean LIS research. Korea Society for Information Management, 19-22.
- Kim, D. H. (2017). A Study on Determinants of Citations of International Research Papers: The Size and Scope Effect of research collaboration (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). The Graduate School of Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim, E. G. (2017). Team Size Patterns of Korean and International Journal Articles in Library and Information Science. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(2), 429-447.
- Kim, K. H. (2012). An Assessment for Performance Quality of International R&D collaboration with Patent Information: Scientometrics Approach for US Patent (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). The Graduate School - Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, J. W., & Park, H. R. (2016). Characteristics of Korean Researchers through Bibliometric Analysis of Papers Published in International LIS Journals. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(1), 217-242. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.47.1.201603.217
- Lee, J. Y. (2014). A Comparative Study on the Centrality Measures for Analyzing research collaboration Networks. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 31(3), 153-179.
- Lee, J. Y. (2016). Comparative Analysis on the Relationships between the Centralities in Co-authorship Networks and Research Performance Considering the Number of Co-authors. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 33(3), 175-199. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2016.33.4.175
- Lee, K. H., Jung, H. J., & Song, M. (2015). Weighted Subject-Method Network Analysis of Library and Information Science Studies. Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 49(3), 457-488. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2015.49.3.457
- Lee, S. S. (2010). A Preliminary Study on the Co-author Network Analysis of Korean Library and Information Science Research Community. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 41(2), 297-315. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.41.2.201006.297
- Park, J. H., & Heo, J. Y. (2017). The research collaboration Pattern of Library and Information Science Field in Korea - Application of collaboration Indices -. Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(1), 191-206. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.1.201703.191
- Wilett, P. (2013). The Characteristics of Journal Editorial Board in Library and Information Science. International Journal of Knowledge Content Development & Technology, 3(1), 5-18.
- Yang, J. H. (2018, October 24). South Korean universities do not engage in foreign exchange more than Malaysia. The Chosun Iibo. Retrieved form http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2018/10/24/2018102400243.html?utm_source=daum&utm_medium=original&utm_campaign=news