- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Production of Polypyrrole Coated PVA Nanoweb Electroconductive Textiles for Application to ECG Electrode
심전도용 전극으로의 적용을 위한 폴리피롤 코팅 PVA 나노웹 전기전도성 텍스타일의 제조
- Kim, Jae-Hyun (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Yonsei University) ;
- Yang, Hyuk-Joo (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Yonsei University) ;
- Cho, Gil-Soo (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Yonsei University)
- Received : 2019.01.22
- Accepted : 2019.03.29
- Published : 2019.06.30
This study developed electroconductive textiles by coating polypyrrole to PET nonwoven-based Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) nanoweb made by electrospinning and applying the developed electrotextiles as ECG Electrodes. To find the optimum coating conditions for high electrical conductivity, the ratios of 2.6-Naphthalenedisulfonic acid with Disodium Salt (NDS) vs Ammonium Persulfate (APS) as an oxidant and a doping agent in the solution were changed from 3:7 to 7:3; the immersion time of the specimen in the solution was 1 hour. PVA nanowebs coated with polypyrrole under various conditions were filmed with FE-SEM. FT-IR analysis was also performed to examine the presence of polypyrrole nanoparticles in the PVA nanoweb. The electrical resistance of the treated specimens were measured with a Multimeter. Consequently, the PVA Nano Web was undamaged even after heat treatment that allowed for coating. Uniform polypyrrole nanoparticles then formed on the surface of the PVA nanoweb after coating. The measured electrical resistance was shown to be at least
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Cho, G. S., Yang, Y. J., & Sung, M. S. (2008). Bio monitoring smart clothing and development of current situation of E-textile. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 10(1), 1-10.
- Hong, J. H., Kim, N. J., Cha, E. J., & Lee, T. S. (2006). A PDA-based wireless ECG monitoring system for u-healthcare. Journal of Korean Society of Medical Informatics, 12(2), 153-160. https://doi.org/10.4258/jksmi.2006.12.2.153
- Hong, K. H., Park, J. L., Sul, I. H., Youk, J. H., & Kang, T. J. (2006). Prepara- tion of antimicrobial poly (vinyl alcohol) nanofibers containing silver nanoparticles. Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 44(17), 2468-2474.
- Jang, E. J., & Cho, G. S. (2018). Development of pu nanoweb based electro- conductive textiles and exploration of applicability as a conducting wire for smart clothing. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 20(1), 101-107. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.1.101 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.1.101
- John, R., & Wallace, G. G. (1991). The use of microelectrodes to probe the electropolymerization mechanism of heterocyclic conducting polymers. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry and Interfacial Electrochemistry, 306(1-2), 157-167. doi:10.1016/0022-0728(91)85228-H https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0728(91)85228-H
- Kim, I. H. (2017). Polyurethane nanoweb strain sensors via in situ polymerization of polypyrrole and their application to monitoring joint flexion. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Lee, K., & Lee, S. S. (2015). Electrospun zinc oxide/poly(vinyl alcohol) nanofibrous membranes: in vitro and wear trial evaluation of antimicrobial activity. Textile Research Journal, 85(19), 1999-2008. doi:10.1177/0040517515578325 https://doi.org/10.1177/0040517515578325
- Lee, J. S., Lee, W. K., Lim, Y. G., & Park, K. S. (2014). Adhesive polyurethane-based capacitive electrode for patch-type wearable electrocardiogram measurement system. Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research, 35, 203-210. https://doi.org/10.9718/JBER.2014.35.6.203
- Miraftab, M., Saifullah, A. N., & Cay, A. (2015). Physical stabilisation of electrospun poly (vinyl alcohol) nanofibres : Comparative study on methanol and heat-based crosslinking. Journal of Materials Science, 50(4), 1943-1957. doi:10.1007/s10853-014-8759-1 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-014-8759-1
- Na, H. Y., Sureshkumar, M., & Lee, S. J. (2015). Preparation and properties of electrically conductive polystyrene / silver nanowire nanocomposites. Polymer-Korea, 39(4), 655-661. doi:10.7317/pk.2015.39.4.655 https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2015.39.4.655
- Oh, T. I., Yoon, S., Kim, T. E., Wi, H., Kim, K. J., Woo, E. J., & Rosalind, J. S. (2013). Nanofiber web textile dry electrodes for long-term biopotential recording. IEEE Transaction Biomedical Circuts and Systems, 7(2), 204-211. https://doi.org/10.1109/TBCAS.2012.2201154
- Park, H. W. (2014). Department of R&D managerment. Korea High Tech Textile Research Institute, 11, 11-19.
- Park, K. R., Park, S. H., Hwon, I. H., & Nho, Y. C. (2003). Improvement of heat resistance of poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogels by radiation crosslinking and heating. Applied Chemistry, 7(2), 459-462.
- Park, S. K., & Kim, W. K. (2013). Electronic and smart textiles. Polymer Science and Technology, 24(1), 38-44.
- Ribo, J. M., Anglada, M. C., Hernandez, J. M., Zhang, X., Ferrer-Anglada, N., Chaibi, A., & Movaghar, B. (1998). High field conductivity in polypyrrole. Synthetic Metals, 97(3), 229-238. doi:10.1016/S0379-6779(98)00134-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0379-6779(98)00134-9
- Singh, R. K., Kumar, A., Agarwal, K., Dwivedi, D., Sood, K. N., & Singh, R. (2012). Influence of binary oxidant (FeCl3:APS) ratio on the spectroscopic and microscopic properties of poly (2, 5-dimethoxyaniline). Open Journal of Polymer Chemistry, 2(3), 105. doi:10.4236/ojpchem.2012.23014 https://doi.org/10.4236/ojpchem.2012.23014
- Whang, Y. E., Han, J. H., Motobe, T., Watanabe, T., & Miyata, S. (1991). Polypyrroles prepared by chemical oxidative polymerization at different oxidation potentials. Synthetic Metals, 45(2), 151-161. doi:10.1016/0379-6779(91)91799-G https://doi.org/10.1016/0379-6779(91)91799-G
- Zhang, Y., Sun, X., Pan, L., Li, H., Sun, Z., Sun, C., & Tay, B. K. (2009). Carbon nanotube-zinc oxide electrode and gel polymer electrolyte for electrochemical supercapacitors. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 480(2), 17-19. doi:10.1016/j.jallcom.2009.01.114 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2009.01.114