- Volume 21 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Make-up Artist Experiences on Brand Loyalty through Mediation of Trust and Brand Satisfaction
메이크업 아티스트 체험이 신뢰와 브랜드 만족을 매개로 브랜드 충성도에 미치는 영향
- Sin, Hyang Soo (LG Luxury Beauty) ;
- Rhee, Young Sun (Dept. Clothing and Textiles, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2019.04.12
- Accepted : 2019.06.26
- Published : 2019.06.30
This study aimed to determine the factors of the make-up artist experience and establish their effects on brand loyalty through the mediation of trust and brand satisfaction. The step of first surveyed the make-up artist experience level through precedent research and made concept frame of study. The step of second checked up the effects of make-up artist experience through the desires for change. The step of third established to the effects of brand loyalty through make-up artist experience brand through mediation of make-up artist trust and brand satisfaction. The survey was carried out on 440 women aged 20 to 40 who experienced make-up services in Seoul, Gyeonggi-do, Sejong and Daejeon. The data were analyzed using SPSS 23.0, and AMOS 18.0 using frequency analysis, factor analysis, reliability analysis, structural model analysis and t-tests. 1)Make-up artist experiences were divided into informational/ relational experiences and emotional experiences. 2)Desires for change influenced positive effects about information/relational experience and emotional experience. 3)The information/relation experiences influenced positive effects about artist trust and brand satisfaction. 4)The emotional experiences influenced positive effects about make-up artist trust and brand satisfaction. 5) The make-up artist trust influenced positive effects about brand satisfaction. Trust in the make-up artist did not directly influence brand loyalty, but influenced it through satisfaction. 6)The brand satisfaction influenced positive effects about brand loyalty. This study identified the roles of make-up artist and the importance of the make-up experience.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Ahn, K. H. (2003). Brand operation of market reader. Seoul: Hankyonsa.
- Chung, H. S. (2009). A study on the hairdressing service consumers' behaviors by the hair style variety-seeking tendency. Journal of the Korean Society of Beauty and Arts, 10(3), 31-47.
- Doney, P. M., & Cannon, J. P. (1997). An examination of the nature of trust, in buyer-seller relationships. Journal of Marketing, 61(4), 35-51. doi:10.2307/1251829 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- Gassenheimer, J. B., Houston, F. S., & Davis, J. C. (1998). The role of economic value, social value, and perceptions of fairness in interorganizational relationship retention decisions. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 26(4), 322-337. doi:10.1177/0092070398264005 https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070398264005
- Ha, S. S. (2006). A study on the effects of the experience marketing elements on customers' propensity. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Hair Jr, J. F., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R. L., & Black, W. C. (1998). Multivariate data analysis. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Hong, B. S., Kwon, Y. J., Park, S. H., & Paik, I. N. (2008). The effects of relational benefits and commitment on word-of-mouth intention and repurchase intention for cosmetic purchaser in internet shopping mall. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(8), 1202-1212. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.8.1202 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.8.1202
- Hwang, J. S., & Lee, J. M. (2011). The effect which cosmetic brand shop experience marketing makes on brand satisfaction, attachment and loyalty. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, 17(6), 1086-1096.
- Joo, H. W. (2016). The effect of self-efficacy of cosmetics salesperson on exhaustion due to emotional labor. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Kahn, B. E. (1993, April). Variety for sale. Chief executive, pp. 66-69.
- Kim, E. J., & Lee, S. J. (2002). The influences of attributes of salespersons working at apparel store on relationship with consumers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 26(11), 1570-1581.
- Kim, H. J., & Han, S. J. (2017). Analysis of the effect of brand experiences on brand attachment and brand loyalty in SPA brand : Focused on the moderating effects of perceived control and consumer need for uniqueness. Journal of Korean Marketing Management Research, 19(1), 123-147.
- Kim, S. A. (2000). The consumer's motive of variety seeking and variety seeking behavior in clothing products. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Kim, S. A., & Hong, K. H. (2011). The effect of blog commitment to fashion product purchase and information reproduction behavior -Focus on blog characteristic and consumer information variety seeking -. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(9), 1028-1038. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.9.1028 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.9.1028
- Kim, S. J. (2008). The effect of brand assets of domestic basal cosmetic products on the customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. E. (2009). The effects of customer's experience and relationship with Korea's low-price cosmetic brands on brand loyalty. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Kim, S. M. (2012). The effect of experience marketing on consumerbrand relationship in department color cosmetics brand store. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Kim, Y. S., & Lee, G. M. (2014). Influences of cosmetics salesperson's service quality on brand satisfaction, trust and loyalty. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, 20(3), 478-484.
- Kwon, S. Y. (2006). The qualitative study of the consumer experience in clothing retail. Unpublished master's thesis, Pukyung National University, Busan.
- Lee, E. Y. (2004). A study on the effect of experiential marketing on brand loyalty. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Lee, G. R., & Kim, S. H. (2011). Measuring online users' experience of blog and It's effects on web equity of internet portal. Journal of Advertising and Promotion Research, 22(1), 31-55.
- Lee, G. Y. (2008). The effect of managing the esthetic salon of cosmetics brand on the brand royalty. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Lee, H. S., Kim, H. J., & Lee, J. G. (2012). A study on the influence of SPA(Speciality store retailer of Private Label Apparel) brand buying experience on brand loyalty. Journal of the Korean Customer Satisfaction Management Association, 14(1), 101-123.
- Lee, H. S., & Rim, J. H. (2017). Structure equation model analysis AMOS 24. Seoul: Jiphyunjea.
- Lee, J. M. (2011). The effect which cosmetics experience marketing makes on brand satisfaction. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Lee, J. M., & Hwang, J. S. (2010). The effect of experiential marketing on the brand equity of low-priced cosmetics brands. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(8), 100-117.
- Lee, J. W., Park, E. J., & Choi, M. G. (2017). The study on the effect of outdoor experiential marketing on brand and purchase intentions. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(5), 139-150. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.5.139
- Lee, S. Y., & Lee, Y. S. (2014). An influence of cosmetics procedure experience on product satisfaction, brand royalty and purchase intension. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, 20(3), 485-493.
- Lee, Y. J. (2005). A study on the effect of experience marketing upon the brand personality. Unpublished master's thesis, Hongik University, Seoul.
- Lewicki, R. J., & Bunker, B. B. (1995). Trust in relationships: A model of development and decline. CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Li, L., & Choi, M. O. (2018). Middle school female student's cosmetic(make-up) appropriation and purchase behavior in Korea and China. Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, 24(1), 1229-4349.
- Lkhagvajav. (2018). Relationship between experience marketing, brand image, customer satisfaction, purchase intention : Focusing on cosmetic shop. Unpublished master's thesis, Gachon University, Seongnam.
- Ma, Y. J., & Koh, A. R. (2001). A study on evaluation of salesperson's service and purchase behavior as related to customer's personality type. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(6), 1155-1166.
- Mayer, R. C., Davis, J. H., & Schoorman, F. D. (1995). An integrative model of organizational trust. Academy of Management Review, 20(3), 709-734. doi:10.5465/amr.1995.9508080335 https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1995.9508080335
- Moon, H. K., Youn, C. R., Park, J. E., & Lee, Y. R. (2008). The effects of perceived experiential marketing activity on consumers' attitude toward apparel brands. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 10(2), 181-190.
- Moorman, C., Deshpande, R., & Zaltman, G. (1992). Relationships between providers and users of market research: The dynamics of trust within and between organizations. Journal of Marketing Research, 29(3), 314-328. doi:10.1177/002224379202900303 https://doi.org/10.1177/002224379202900303
- Oliver, R. L. (1999). Whence consumer loyalty. Journal of Marketing, 63(5), 33-44. doi:10.1177/00222429990634s105 https://doi.org/10.1177/00222429990634s105
- Park, E. H. (2003). Psychosocial meaning of make-up. Journal of the Korean Psychological Association, 4(2), 105-127.
- Park, M. J. (2002). A study on factors affecting brand royalty: Focused on customers purchasing cosmetics in the department store. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Park, S. K., Park, J. H., & Cha, T. H. (2007). Effects of experience on enjoyment, satisfaction, and revisit intention : Pine and gilmore's experience economy perspective. Journal of Advertisement Research, 76, 55-78.
- Park, S. R. (2014). The effects of communication, hair designer's skill, and service management on switching intention in hairdressing services. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Park, S. Y., & Bae, H. K. (2006). Sensoty experience effects on store attitude and loyalty: The mediating role of emotion and satisfaction. Journal of Research in Marketing, 11(3), 1-13.
- Pine, J., & Gilmore, J. (2001). The experience economy (H. S. Shin, Trans.). Boston: Harvard Business School Press. (Original work published 1999)
- Schmitt, B. H.(2005). Experiential marketing (S. Y. Park, S. J. Yoon, & S. T. Hong, Trans.). Seoul: Sejong. (Original work published 1999)
- Seo, E. K., & Lee, S. J. (2008). A study of effects on long-term relationship orientation of women's experiential fashion marketing - Focused on middle, old aged women. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 58(3), 34-48.
- Shin, H. B. (2002). A study on the relationship between customer and salesperson in silver fashion markets -Focusing on middle upper class elderly women -. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Steenkamp, J. B. E., & Baumgartner, H. (1995). Development and cross-cultural validation of a short form of CSI as a measure of optimum stimulation level. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 12(2), 97-104. doi:10.1016/0167-8116(93)E0035-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8116(93)E0035-8
- Suh, Y. H., Park, J. H., & Kwon, M, J. (2007). The effects of shopping environment factors and consumers characteristics on experiential value and shopping satisfaction. Journal of Business Administration Research, 1-17.
- Wang, H., & Kim, Y. S. (2005). Chinese new generation women's clothing exploratory behavior according to their sensitivity pursuit propensity. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 55(3), 81-93.
- Wu, S. T. (2012). The interaction between firm trust and salesperson trust. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Yoo, C. J., & Jung, H. E. (2002). Exploratory research of consumers beauty seeking behavior / men's decoration behavior & women's make up, cosmetic surgery, and fitness behavior. Journal of Consumer Studies, 13(2), 211-232.
- Yu, A. R., & Kim, S. H. (2016). The effects of interdependence between salespersons and customers on relationship: Focus on the discussion of measuring methods of interdependence. Journal of Marketing Management Research, 21(3), 101-132.
- Yun, S. R. (2009). A meaning of the make-up behavior and cosmetic purchasing behavior through 20s working women. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.