- Volume 44 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Intercomparison Exercise at Harshaw 6600, DVG-02TM, and D-Shuttle Dosimeters for the Individual Monitoring of Ionizing Radiation
- Kim, Dmitriy Spartakovich (Institute of Nuclear Physics) ;
- Murayama, Kentaro (Chiyoda Technol Corporation) ;
- Nurtazin, Yernat (Institute of Nuclear Physics) ;
- Koguchi, Yasuhiro (Chiyoda Technol Corporation) ;
- Kenzhin, Yergazy (Institute of Nuclear Physics) ;
- Kawamura, Hiroshi (Chiyoda Technol Corporation)
- Received : 2018.10.16
- Accepted : 2019.05.20
- Published : 2019.06.30
Background: The main goal of experiments is to compare various operational and technical characteristics of D-Shuttle semiconductor personal dosimeters of the Japanese company "Chiyoda Technol Corporation" and Harshaw thermoluminescent dosimeters (TLD) manufactured by "Thermo Fisher Scientific" and DTL-02 of the Russian Research and Production Enterprise (RPE) "Doza" by their occupational and calibration exposure at various dose equivalents from 0.5 to 20 mSv of gamma-radiation. Materials and Methods: Besides dosimeters DTL-02, D-Shuttle and Harshaw TLD, there were also used: (1) the primary reference radionuclide source Hopewell Designs IAEA: G10-1-12 with
- Ministry of National Economy of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Sanitary-epidemiological requirements for ensuring radiation safety. Sanitary rules 261. 2015;12-43.
- Kudryashev VA, Kim DS, Nurtazin YR, On the standards of individual dosimetry of external radioactive irradiation. Metrological scientific and technical journal "The world of measurements". 2016;174:11-14.
- Martynyuk AN. DVG-02TM dosimetric thermoluminescent unit; Operating Manual PIGU.412113.003RE. Moscow. JSC SIE Doza. 2005;10-18.
- Thermo Scientific Harshaw Model 6600 LITE TLD Reader; Operator's Manual #6600LT-W-O-0810-002. Oakwood Village, Ohio. One Thermo Fisher Way. 2010;250.
- D-Shuttle Dosimeter Management System (for Research Institutions); Instruction Manual. Oarai. Chyoda Technol Corporation. 2015;27.
- Cross WG, Böhm J, Charles M, Piesch E, Seltzer SM, Dosimetry of External Beta Rays for Radiation Protection (Report 56). Journal of the International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. 1997;29:133.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Conversion Coefficients for use in Radiological Protection against External Radiation. ICRP Publication 74. 1997;18-26.