- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Using Grounded Theory Techniques for Reviewing Literature: Shadow Work in Digital Environment
문헌 고찰을 위한 근거이론방법의 활용: 디지털 환경에서의 그림자 노동 개념 도출
- Received : 2019.04.21
- Accepted : 2019.05.16
- Published : 2019.06.30
The objective of this paper is to present how to use Grounded Theory Methodology for conducting a literature review that produces new insights and conceptualizations. In this paper, we have employed Wolfswinkel et al.(2013)'s method, which is called by Grounded Theory Literature-Review Method, for a rigorous literature review. We have utilized this method to capture the concept and insights of individuals' shadow wok in digital environments. By analyzing the relevant literature based on Wolfswinkel et al.'s guide, we have extracted 73 codes in the coding steps and finally showed 12 categories by incorporating similar concepts from those codes. Based on the categories, we end this paper by developing the academic definitions of shadow work in digital environments.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 이웅규 2015. "<튜토리얼> 비사용의 연구주제와 연구방법론," 정보시스템연구 (24:3), pp. 155-169.
- 박상철, 이웅규 2017. "근거이론을 활용한 멀티채널 사용자의 크로스오버 쇼핑행동 이해," Information Systems Review (19:3), pp. 179-199. https://doi.org/10.14329/isr.2017.19.3.179
- 전수현, 곽기영 2015. "전자상거래 환경하에서 서비스 실패 회복 노력의 공정성과 진정성이 회복만족에 미치는 영향: 관여도의 조절효과를 중심으로," 지식경영연구 (16:1), pp. 71-93. https://doi.org/10.15813/kmr.2015.16.1.004
- 천광타이, 강현모, 정의현 2017. "항공서비스 실패가 불평행동과 전환행동에 미치는 영향," 지식경영연구 (18:2), pp. 103-128. https://doi.org/10.15813/kmr.2017.18.2.006
- Andrews, C. K. 2019. The Overworked Consumer: Self-Checkouts, Supermarkets, and the Do-It-Yourself Economy, Lanham: Lexington Books.
- Caic, M. 2018. "Service Robots: Value Co- Creation and Co-Destruction in Elderly Care Networks," Journal of Service Marketing (29:2), pp. 178-205.
- Camilleri, J., and Neuhofer, B. 2017. "Value Co- Creation and Co-Destruction in the Airbnb Sharing Economy," International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (29:9), pp. 2322-2340. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJCHM-09-2016-0492
- Campbell, C. S., Maglio, P. P., and Davis, M. M. 2011. "From Self-Service to Super-Service: A Resource Mapping Frameworking for Cocreating Value by Shifting the Boundary between Provider and Customer," Information Systems and e-Business Management (9:2), pp. 173-191. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10257-010-0142-4
- Collier, J. E., and Sherrell, D. L. 2010. "Examining the Influence of Control and Convenience in a Self-Service Setting," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (38:4), pp. 490-509. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-009-0179-4
- Cutright, K. M., and Samper, A. 2014. "Doing it the Hard Way: How Low Control Drives Preferences for High-Effort Products and Services," Journal of Consumer Research (41: October), pp. 730-745. https://doi.org/10.1086/677314
- Fan, A., Wu, L., and Mattila, A. 2016. "Does Anthropomorphism Inf luence Customers' Switching Intentions in the Self-Service Technology Failure Context?," Journal of Service Marketing (30:7), pp. 713-723. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSM-07-2015-0225
- Franke, N., Schreier, M., and Kaiser, U. 2010. "The 'I Designed It Myself Effect' in Mass Customization," Management Science (56:1), pp. 125-140. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.1090.1077
- Giebelhausen, M., Robinson, S. G., Sirianni, N. J., and Brady, M. K. 2014. "Touch versus Tech: When Technology Functions as a Barrier or a Benefit to Service Encounters," Journal of Marketing (78: July), pp.113-124. https://doi.org/10.1509/jm.13.0056
- Heidenreich, S. Wittkowski, K., Handrich, M., and Falk, T. 2015. "The Dark Side of Customer Co-Creation: Exploring the Consequences of Failed Co-Created Services," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (43:3), pp. 279-296. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-014-0387-4
- Ivan, I. 1981. Shadow Work. Salem, New Hampshire and London: Marion Boyars.
- Hilton, T. and Hughes, T. 2013. "Co-Production and Self-Service: The Application of Service- Dominant Logic," Journal of Marketing Management (29:7-8), pp. 861-881. https://doi.org/10.1080/0267257X.2012.729071
- Lambert, C. 2015. Shadow Work: The Unpaid, Unseen Jobs That Fill Your Day, Berkeley, CA. Counterpoint.
- Meuter, M. L., Ostrom, A. L., Roundtree, R. I., and Bitner, M. J. 2000. "Self-Service Technologies: Understanding Customer Satisfaction with Technology-Based Service," Journal of Marketing (64: July), pp. 50-64.
- Norton, M.I., and Nochon, D., and Ariely, D. 2012. "The IKEA Effect: When Labor Leads to Love," Journal of Consumer Psychology (22:3), pp. 453-460. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcps.2011.08.002
- Glaser, B. 1978. Theoretical Sensitivity, Mill Valley, CA, Sociology Press.
- Palm, M. 2017. Technologies of Consumer Labor: A History of Self-Service, New York, NY: Routledge.
- Ple, L., and Caceres, R. C. 2010. "Not Always Co-Creation: Introducing Interactional Co- Destruction of Value in Service-Dominant Logic," Journal of Service Marketing (24:6), pp. 430-437. https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041011072546
- Scherer, A., Wunderlich, N.V., Wangenheim, F. 2015. "The Value of Self-Service : Longterm Effects of Technology-Based Self-Service Usage on Customer Retention," MIS Quarterly (39:1), pp. 177-200. https://doi.org/10.25300/MISQ/2015/39.1.08
- Stemler, S. 2001. "An Overview of Content Analysis, Practical Assessment," Research & Evaluation (7:17), pp. 137-146. https://doi.org/10.1076/edre.188.8.131.5265
- Strauss, A. and Corbin, J. 1990. Basics of Qualitative Research, Grounded Theory Procedures and Techniques, Beverly Hills, CA, SAGE Publications.
- Wang, C., Harris, J., and Patterson, P. 2013. "The Roles of Habit, Self-Eff icacy, and Satisfaction in Driving Continued Use of Self- Service Technologies: A Longitudinal Study," Journal of Service Research (16:33), pp. 400-414. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670512473200
- Wolfswinkel, J. F., Furmueller, E. and Wilderom, C. P. M. 2013. "Using Grounded Theory as a Method for Rigorously Reviewing Literature," European Journal of Information Systems (22:1), pp. 45-55. https://doi.org/10.1057/ejis.2011.51
- Zhang, T., Lu, C., Torres, E., and Chen, P-J. 2018. "Engaging Customers in Value Co- Creation or Co-Destruction Online," Journal of Service Marketing (32:1), pp. 57-69. https://doi.org/10.1108/JSM-01-2017-0027