- Volume 55 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of SPAC1B3.08, ortholog of Thp1/PCID2, on mRNA export in fission yeast
분열효모에서 Thp1/PCID2의 이종상동체인 SPAC1B3.08이 mRNA 방출에 미치는 영향
Park, Jin Hee;Yoon, Jin Ho
- Received : 2019.05.27
- Accepted : 2019.06.05
- Published : 2019.06.30
Thp1/PCID2 is a subunit of the evolutionally conserved TREX-2 complex, which is required for transcription-coupled mRNA export from the nucleus to the cytoplasm. In fission yeast, Schizosaccharomyces pombe, there are two orthologs of the Thp1/PCID2 protein. In addition to pci2 (SPBC1105.07c) gene, SPAC1B3.08 gene encodes a PCI domain-containing protein that is predicted as a component of TREX-2 complex. Overexpression of SPAC1B3.08 cause slight defects of both growth and mRNA export. Yeast two-hybrid and co-immunoprecipitation analysis exhibits that the SPAC1B3.08 protein interacted with Sac3 and Dss1, which are another components of TREX-2 complex. These observations support the possibility that the S. pombe SPAC1B3.08 protein, as a component of TREX-2 complex, is involved in mRNA export.
S. pombe;mRNA export;orthologs of Thp1/PCID2;TREX-2 complex
- Bae SJ and Yoon JH. 2017. Effects of Sus1, a component of TREX-2 complex, on growth and mRNA export in fission yeast. Korean J. Microbiol. 53, 49-54. https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2017.7007
- Bermejo R, Capra T, Jossen R, Colosio A, Frattini C, Carotenuto W, Cocito A, Doksani Y, Klein H, Gomez-Gonzalez B, et al. 2011. The replication checkpoint protects fork stability by releasing transcribed genes from nuclear pores. Cell 146, 233-246. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2011.06.033
- Bhatia V, Barroso SI, Garcia-Rubio ML, Tumini E, Herrera-Moyano E, and Aguilera A. 2014. BRCA2 prevents R-loop accumulation and associates with TREX-2 mRNA export factor PCID2. Nature 511, 362-365. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature13374
- Ellisdon AM, Dimitrova L, Hurt E, and Stewart M. 2012. Structural basis for the assembly and nucleic acid binding of the TREX-2 transcription-export complex. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 19, 328-336. https://doi.org/10.1038/nsmb.2235
- Evangelista FM, Maglott-Roth A, Stierle M, Brino L, Soutoglou E, and Tora L. 2018. Transcription and mRNA export machineries SAGA and TREX-2 maintain monoubiquitinated H2B balance required for DNA repair. J. Cell Biol. 217, 3382-3397. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.201803074
- Faza MB, Kemmler S, Jimeno S, Gonzalez-Aguilera C, Aguilera A, Hurt E, and Panse VG. 2009. Sem1 is a functional component of the nuclear pore complex-associated messenger RNA export machinery. J. Cell Biol. 184, 833-846. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.200810059
- Fischer T, Strasser K, Racz A, Rodriguez-Navarro S, Oppizzi M, Ihrig P, Lechner J, and Hurt E. 2002. The mRNA export machinery requires the novel Sac3p-Thp1p complex to dock at the nucleoplasmic entrance of the nuclear pores. EMBO J. 21, 5843-5852. https://doi.org/10.1093/emboj/cdf590
- Forsburg SL and Sherman DA. 1997. General purpose tagging vectors for fission yeast. Gene 191, 191-195. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-1119(97)00058-9
- Gallardo M, Luna R, Erdjument-Bromage H, Tempst P, and Aguilera A. 2003. Nab2p and the Thp1p-Sac3p complex functionally interact at the interface between transcription and mRNA metabolism. J. Biol. Chem. 278, 24225-24232. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M302900200
- Garcia-Oliver E, Garcia-Molinero V, and Rodriguez-Navarro S. 2012. mRNA export and gene expression: the SAGA-TREX-2 connection. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1819, 555-565. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbagrm.2011.11.011
- Gonzalez-Aguilera C, Tous C, Gomez-Gonzalez B, Huertas P, Luna R, and Aguilera A. 2008. The THP1-SAC3-SUS1-CDC31 complex works in transcription elongation-mRNA export preventing RNAmediated genome instability. Mol. Biol. Cell 19, 4310-4318. https://doi.org/10.1091/mbc.e08-04-0355
- Gordon JMB, Aibara S, and Stewart M. 2017. Structure of the Sac3 RNA-binding M-region in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae TREX-2 complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 45, 5577-5585. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkx158
- Jani D, Lutz S, Hurt E, Laskey RA, Stewart M, and Wickramasinghe VO. 2012. Functional and structural characterization of the mammalian TREX-2 complex that links transcription with nuclear messenger RNA export. Nucleic Acids Res. 40, 4562-4573. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gks059
- Jani D, Lutz S, Marshall NJ, Fischer T, Kohler A, Ellisdon AM, Hurt E, and Stewart M. 2009. Sus1, Cdc31, and the Sac3 CID region form a conserved interaction platform that promotes nuclear pore association and mRNA export. Mol. Cell 33, 727-737.
- Jani D, Valkov E, and Stewart M. 2014. Structural basis for binding the TREX2 complex to nuclear pores, GAL1 localisation and mRNA export. Nucleic Acids Res. 42, 6686-6697. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gku252
- Kang S and Yoon JH. 2006. Construction of spSac3 null mutants defective in mRNA export. Korean J. Microbiol. 42, 153-155.
- Katahira J. 2015. Nuclear export of messenger RNA. Gene 6, 163-184. https://doi.org/10.3390/genes6020163
- Koh E and Yoon JH. 2016. Effects of Cdc31, a component of TREX-2 complex, on growth and mRNA export in fission yeast. Korean J. Microbiol. 52, 383-387. https://doi.org/10.7845/kjm.2016.6046
- Kohler A and Hurt E. 2007. Exporting RNA from the nucleus to the cytoplasm. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 8, 761-773. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrm2255
- Maundrell K. 1993. Thiamine-repressible expression vectors pREP and pRIP for fission yeast. Gene 123, 127-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-1119(93)90551-D
- Park JH and Yoon JH. 2018. Fission yeast Pci2 has function in mRNA export as a component of TREX-2. Korean J. Microbiol. 54, 325-329.
- Rodriguez-Navarro S and Hurt E. 2011. Linking gene regulation to mRNA production and export.Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 23, 302-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceb.2010.12.002
- Schneider M, Hellerschmied D, Schubert T, Amlacher S, Vinayachandran V, Reja R, Pugh BF, Clausen T, and Kohler A. 2015. The nuclear pore-associated TREX-2 complex employs mediator to regulate gene expression. Cell 162, 1016-1028. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2015.07.059
- Schubert T and Kohler A. 2016. Mediator and TREX-2: Emerging links between transcription initiation and mRNA export. Nucleus 7, 126-131. https://doi.org/10.1080/19491034.2016.1169352
- Stewart M. 2010. Nuclear export of mRNA. Trends Biochem. Sci. 35, 609-617.
- Thakurta AG, Gopal G, Yoon JH, Kozak L, and Dhar R. 2005. Homolog of BRCA2-interacting Dss1p and Uap56p link Mlo3p and Rae1p for mRNA export in fission yeast. EMBO J. 24, 2512-2523. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.emboj.7600713
- Tous C and Aguilera A. 2007. Impairment of transcription elongation by R-loops in vitro. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 360, 428-432. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2007.06.098
- Umlauf D, Bonnet J, Waharte F, Fournier M, Stierle M, Fischer B, Brino L, Devys D, and Tora L. 2013. The human TREX-2 complex is stably associated with the nuclear pore basket. J. Cell Sci. 126, 2656-2667. https://doi.org/10.1242/jcs.118000
- Wickramasinghe VO, McMurtrie PI, Mills AD, Takei Y, Penrhyn-Lowe S, Amagase Y, Main S, Marr J, Stewart M, and Laskey RA. 2010. mRNA export from mammalian cell nuclei is dependent on GANP. Curr. Biol. 20, 25-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2009.10.078
- Yoon JH. 2006. Construction of Schizosaccharomyces pombe spThp1 null mutants and its characterization. Korean J. Microbiol. 42, 149-154.
- Yoon JH, Love D, Guhathakurta A, Hanover JA, and Dhar R. 2000. Mex67p of Schizosaccharomyces pombe interacts with Rae1p in mediating mRNA export. Mol. Cell. Biol. 20, 8767-8782. https://doi.org/10.1128/MCB.20.23.8767-8782.2000
Supported by : 성신여자대학교