- Volume 23 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Seismic Design Force by Earthquake Response Analysis of Water Tanks Installed in RC Buildings
건축물에 설치된 물탱크의 지진응답해석을 통한 설계하중 평가
Baek, Eun Rim;Oh, Ji Hyeon;Choi, Hyoung Suk;Lee, Sang Ho
- Received : 2018.12.11
- Accepted : 2019.06.13
- Published : 2019.07.01
Several water tanks installed in the building were damaged during the Gyeongju earthquake (2016) and the Pohang earthquake (2017). Since a water tank for fire protection is very important component, seismic safety should be ensured. In this study, an interaction between a water tank and a building was studied by the dynamic analysis of the RC building with the water tank. In case the water tank was installed on the roof of the RC building, it was confirmed that it did not significantly affect the response of the building. Based on the result, dynamic response characteristics of the water tank in the building were studied using two SDOF models represented dynamic behavior of the water tanks under earthquake. An earthquake time-history analysis was carried out with variables of aspect ratio of the tank, story of the building, and installed location in the building using three kinds of earthquakes.
Water tank;Seismic design;Earthquake response analysis
- Architectural Institute of Korea. Site Inspection and Damage Investigation of Buildings by Earthquakes in Gyeongju and Pohang. Seoul: c2018. 347 p.
- Ministry of Public Safety and Security. Seismic Design Standard and Commentary for Fire Protection Facilities. Seoul: c2016. 68 p.
- Architectural Institute of Korea. Korean Building Code and Commentary 2016. Seoul: c2016. 1221 p.
- American Society of Civil Engineers. ACE/SEI 7-16, Minimum Design Loads and Associated Criteria for Buildings and Other Structures. Reston, VA: c2017. 822 p.
- American Concrete Institute. Seismic Design of Liquid-Containing Concrete Structures and Commentary (ACI350.3-06). Farmington Hills, MI: c2006. 61 p.
- American Water Works Association. ANSI/AWWA D100-11 Welded Carbon Steel Tanks for Water Storage. Denvor, CO: c2011. 204 p.
- Japan Architecture Center. Recommendation for Seismic Design and Construction of Building Equipment. Tokyo: c2014. 336 p.
- Housner GW. Dynamic Pressures on Accelerated Fluid Containers. Bulletin of the SSA. 1957;47(1):15-35.
- Fiber Reinforced Plastic Association of Japan. Calculation Method of Structural Design of FRP Tank. Tokyo: c1996. 98 p.
- MIDAS Information Technology. MIDAS Gen Analysis and design. Seoul: c2010.
- National Fire Agency. Fire Safety Standards for Fire Protection Water Tank (NFSC402). c2019.
- Li KN, CANNY Manual. c2009.
- Baek ER. Evaluation of Seismic Performance for the Low-Rise Reinforced Concrete Building Considering Vertical and Horizontal Irregularity. PhD Thesis, Pusan National University. 2015 Feb. 209 p.
- Malhotra PK, Wenk T, Wieland M. Simple Procedure for Seismic Analysis of Liquid-Storage Tanks. SEI. 2000;10(3):197-201.
- Eurocode 8 - Design of structures for earthquake resistance Part 4: Silos, tanks and pipelines. Brussels: 2006 Jul. 81 p.
Supported by : 국토교통부