- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Relationship between Managers' Decision-making Participation and Organization Commitment in Building Construction Project
건축공사 현장관리자의 의사결정 참여와 조직몰입의 관계
- Received : 2019.02.15
- Accepted : 2019.05.07
- Published : 2019.06.20
To improve the performance of the building construction project, it is important for the site managers to manage effectively so that they can do their best to the site organization. In addition, making decisions are constantly done in site organizations of building construction project, so whether decisions are made appropriately in the organization has a great impact on performance. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship between decision making participation and organizational commitment of site managers to improve the performance of site organizations. The results of this study showed that the site managers tend to be more task oriented than people oriented when making decisions. Also, there was a difference in affective commitment according to decision making type, and there was a weak correlation between decision making participation and organization commitment. This study will help to improve the managerial ability of site organization in building construction projects.
participation;organization commitment;decision making;organizational management
- An SH, Bitamba BF. Influence of organizational culture on performance of building construction project. Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2015 Oct;15(5):501-6. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIBC.2015.15.5.501
- An SH. A Study on the construction manager's leadership styles based on condition of building projects. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea (Structure & Construction Section). 2009 Apr;25(4):231-8.
- Seboni L, Tutesigensi A. Project manager-to-project allocations in practice: an empirical study of the decision-making practices of a multi-project based organization. Construction Management and Economics. 2015 Sep;33(5-6):428-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/01446193.2015.1077981
- Akdere M. An organization development framework in decision making: Implications for practice. Organization Development Journal. 2009 Dec;27(4):47-56.
- Kim HN. A study on the relations between ceo's leadership and decision-making types and organizational performance: The case of korean public enterprises [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Seoul National University; 2012. 78 p.
- Kim YD. A study on the relationships among ethical decision making, workplace spirituality, and organizational performance [dissertation]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Konkuk University; 2012. 209 p.
- Park HM. A study of a leader's decision-making and organizational performance relationship -for Won buddhist ministers- [master's thesis]. [Iksan (Korea)]: Wonkwang University; 2013. 81 p.
- Kim JS, Chah DO. Effects of leaders’ participative decision making on employees’ creative behavior and performance: Focusing on the role of psychological empowerment and job involvement. Korean Journal of Management. 2013 Sep;21(3):331-70. https://doi.org/10.11568/kjm.2013.21.3.331
- Kim JH. A study on the effect of participatory decision making upon job satisfaction (The case of public enterprise employees) [dissertation]. [Iksan (Korea)]: Wonkwang University; 2011. 132 p.
- Lee SJ. A study on the relations between teacher participation allowance and organization commitment by school principal in decision making proces [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Seoul National University of Education; 2014. 113 p.
- Han JA. A study on the relationship between the degree of child-care teachers' participation in decision making and organizational commitment [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Chung-Ang University; 2016. 97 p.
- Kim TH, Kim YS. The influence of participation in decision making on the job satisfaction in military organization. Journal of management research. 2000 Oct;4(1):19-39.
- Kim YJ, Kim DSu. A mediating effect of justice on the relationship between organizational process disposition and psychological ownership. Korean Business Education Review. 2016 Jun;31(3):67-92.
- Rowe AJ, Boulgarides JD. Managerial decision making: A guide to successful business decisions. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company; 1992. 253 p.
- Porter LW, Steers RM, Mowday RT, Boulian PV. Organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and turnover among psychiatric technicians. Journal of Applied Psychology. 1974 Oct;59(5):603-9. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0037335
- Allen NJ, Meyer JP. The measurement and antecedents of affective, continuance and normative commitment to the organization. Journal of Occupational Psychology. 1990 Mar;63(1):1-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- Bae YW. A study on the effects of plant construction engineer's lmx on the organizational citizenship behavior : Focused on examining the mediating effects of organizational commitment [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Soongsil University; 2013. 69 p.
- Kang BS, Kim GS. The statistical analysis of social science. 4th ed. Seoul (Korea): Hannarae Academy; 2009. 442 p. Korean.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)