- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Comparison of the Ranking for Safety Motivations Factors between Construction Engineers and Construction Managers
안전 동기요인에 대한 시공관리자와 사업관리자간 요인별 중요도 순위 비교
Kim, Young-Kil;Kim, Jin-Dong;Kim, Gwang-Hee
- Received : 2019.03.21
- Accepted : 2019.04.09
- Published : 2019.06.20
The number of construction accident deaths in Korea is increasing and most causes of construction accidents are human factors. Voluntary participation of construction workers in safety activities is likely to improve these human factors and increase the prevention effect of construction accidents. Therefore, there is a need to study the motivation of workers to meet the voluntary participation of construction workers. In this respect, the purpose of this study is to compare the importance of construction field engineers and construction managers about the safety motivation factors of construction workers. This study analyzed the results of the questionnaire survey about safety motivation factors and conducted a T-test for these factors. The results of this study can be used as managing method to effective on-site safety management by minimizing the difference between the two groups according to motivation factors of construction workers.
- Ki SG, Park NK. Research on the establishment of contractor centered safety management system to reduce construction disaster. Journal of The Korean Society of Disaster Information. 2014 Dec;10(4):503-10. https://doi.org/10.15683/kosdi.2014.10.4.503 https://doi.org/10.15683/kosdi.2014.10.4.503
- Department of Industrial Accident Prevention Policy. Status of industrial accidents in 2017 [Internet]. Korea: Ministry of Employment Labor; 2018 Dec [cited 2019 Feb 10]. 408p. Available from: http://www.moel.go.kr/info/publict/publictDataView.do ?bbs _seq=20181200731
- Kim GH, Measuring the effectiveness of safety incentives in construction sites in korea. Journal of Building Construction and Planning Research. 2018 Dec;6(4):267-77. https://doi.org/10.4236/jbcpr.2018.64018 https://doi.org/10.4236/jbcpr.2018.64018
- Hong SH, Son KS. Establishing efficient emotionally safety using incentives to construction workers. Journal of the Korean Institute of Plant Engineering. 2015 Sep;20(3);107-14.
- Kim NW, Producing indirect accident causes related to direct causes in construction sites [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: Seoul National University of Science and Technology; 2016. 56 p.
- Park SK, The effects of organizational psychosocial factors on occupational accidents. Korean Association of Social Welfare Policy. 2003 Dec;16(0):61-78.
- Kang TH, A comparative analysis of safety management factors with managers and labors in the construction using the IPA [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: HanYang University; 2018. 68 p.
- Jung SH, Kim TS, Joo YM, Lee YB, Kang KS, Introduction to occupational safety and health training scheme for construction works. Korea Safety Management & Science. 2011 Jun;13(2):9-18. https://doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2011.13.2.009
- Lee DG, A study on the introduce necessary of emotional safety to reduce the accidental death. [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]: HanYang University; 2012. 51 p.
- Kim EJ, Kim KR, Shin DW. Improvement for safety education considering individual personality in the construction site. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2008 Jun;9(3):175-84.
- Kim EJ, Kim KR, Shin DW. A model for safety education fit for individual personality of construction worker. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2008 Oct;9(5):116-26.
- Yun JM, Park SY, Lee DH. The actual condition and improvement plans of construction safety and health education. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology. 2017 Aug;7(8):569-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.08.43
- Oh CD. A study on the development of the motivation evaluation model for construction workers using the expectancy theory model. Construction Engineering and Management. 2016 Aug;17(4):36-40.
- Lee MP, Analysis of the effects of education for the improvement of work capacity on learning motives in small and medium enterprises. Andragogy Today : International Journal of Adult & Continuing Education. 2009 Jan;12(2):123-51.
- Barg JE, Ruparathna R, Mendis D, Hewage KN. Motivating workers in construction, Journal of Construction Engineering. 2014 Jul;2014:1-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/703084
- Kim YS, So YS, Kim CH, A study on the cause analysis of temporary work accidents and safety improvement plan. Institute of Environmental Science and Construction Chung-Ang University. 2001 Oct;12(2):133-47.
- Kwon OG, Study on the improvement scheme for the safety management in the construction. [master's thesis]. [Ulsan (Korea)]: UlSan University; 2002. 46 p.
- Yang YC, Kim JJ, Choi H, A study of methods on safety checklist improvement andintegrated operation with schedule for construction accident prevention. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2004 Apr;5(2) :123-35.
- Hong JS, Bae DK, Kim JJ. A safety management activity improvement in construction sites through analysis of success factors. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2005 Otc;6(5):148-56.
- Kwon BS, A study on the improvement of current construction safety management system [master's thesis]. [Incheon (Korea)]; InCheon University; 2002. 46 p.
- Son JW, Shin SW, Yi JS. Application of serious games for effective construction safety training. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 2014 Oct;15(1): 20-7. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2014.15.1.020
- Kim EJ. A study on construction worker’s participation and demand on safety education. Architectural Research. 2015 Dec;17(6):203-10.
- Oh CD. The development of work motivation assessment model for skilled construction workers [Dissertation]. [Seoul (Korea)]: ChungAng University; 2014. 139 p.
- Ga WW. A study of an organizational performance on motivation [master's thesis]. [Iksan (Korea)]; WonKwang University; 2009. 75 p.
- Jung YC. Analyzing the importance factors affecting the productivity of workers in building construction site [master's thesis]. [Suwon (Korea)]; KyongGi University; 2012. 93 p.
- Hong SY, Study on the determinants affecting event PD's job satisfaction : Focused on alderfer's ERG theory, [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]; YonSei University; 2006. 88 p.
- Lee JK, Choi JK. Testing the applicability of the herzberg’s motivation-hygiene theory to the hotel industry. Korea Journal of Business Administration. 2012 Jul;25(4):2091-111.
- Kim MH. Study on employees' satisfaction of small and medium manufacturing enterprises in korea using the motivation /hygiene theory [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]; Sung KyunKwan University; 2014. 74 p.
- Ji SM, Theory and brand experience marketing according to the motivation theory - Focusing on the case of nike's experience marketing [master's thesis]. [Seoul (Korea)]; HongIk University; 2015. 108 p.
- Shin JM, You SM, Heo KM, Kim GH. A research on the factors of the motivation-maintenance of construction workers. Proceeding of Construction Engineering and Management; 2010 Nov 5; PIncheon, Korea. Seoul (Korea): Korean Institute of Construction Engineering and Management; 2010. p. 133-4.
- Chea SI, Kim JY. Methodology of social scientific investigation. 4th ed. Korea: Bnmbooks; 2016. 526 p.
Supported by : Kyonggi University