- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Estimating the Ultra-High Strength Concrete using Rock Test Hammer
Rock Test Hammer를 사용한 초고강도 콘크리트 강도추정에 관한 기초적 연구
Nam, Kyung-Yong;Kim, Seong-Deok;Choi, Suk;Lee, Young-Do
- Received : 2019.04.17
- Accepted : 2019.05.24
- Published : 2019.06.20
This study examines the estimation of strength through a ultra-high strength concrete mock-up specimen using the rock compressive strength test hammer. According to the test result, the commonly used strength estimation formulae showed differences among them when the data of this test were applied. In additional, it show that these formulae underestimated the actual measurements further when the compressive strength was 30MPa or greater and deviated the distribution range of actual measurements in all strength ranges. The rock test hammer showed a higher correlation than type N Schmidt hammer regardless of the direction of hit for each type of W/B and the inclusion of coarse aggregate, and mortar showed a little higher correlation than concrete. As a result, it can be suggested that the coefficient of variation and the standard deviation of the mortar(2.26%/1.36) are lower than those of the concrete(4.06%/2.5), and the smaller the size of the coarse aggregate, the smaller the coefficient of variation and the more accurate the value.
non-destructive test;rock test hammer;schmidt hammer;rebound hardness method
- Lee KB, Kim SD, Baek MS, Jung SJ. A study on the mechanical properties of ultra high-strength concrete according to the concurrent placement of vertical and horizontal members. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 2011 Aug;27(8):105-12.
- Kim MH, Han CG, Song HY, Kim JM, Kim GY, Choi HY. A study on the economical development and practical use of high strength concrete. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 1996 Jul;12(7):313-24.
- Yoon JK, Jo BS, Lee JH, Jang JH, Choi SJ, Kim MH. A study on the proposal of strength presumption equation and evaluation of practical application of high strength concrete. Proceeding of the Architecture Institute of Korea Autumn Conference;2002 Oct 26; Gunsan(Korea): Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 2002 Oct;22(2):359-62.
- Chung IY. Studies on the adequate method of non-destructive testing of concrete. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 1993 Aug;9(8):169-74.
- Lee SY. A study on the core strength of existing concrete structures [master's thesis]. [Incheon]: University of Incheon; 2003. p. 98.
- Seo YA, Lim NG, Jung SJ, Park SH. A study on sectional strength estimation of the high strength concrete by using rock test hammer. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 2012 Nov;28(11):207-14.
- Park SH, Ha JS, Lim SD, Nam KY, Chung L. Study on the strength estimation of ultra-high strength concrete using rebound hardness method. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 2014 Dec;30(12):69-76.
- Brown ET, International Society for Rock Mechanics(Commission on Testing Methods). Rock Characterization Testing & Monitoring: ISRM Suggested Methods. International Society for Rock Mechanics by Pergamon Press. 1981. p.101-2.