- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Fluidity Performance Evaluation of Low Viscosity Typed Superplasticizer for Cement-Based Materials Incorporating Supplementary Cementitious Materials
혼화재료를 치환한 시멘트 계열 재료에 대한 저점도형 고성능 감수제의 유동 성능 평가
Son, Bae-Geun;Lee, Hyang-Seon;Lee, You-Jeong;Han, Dong-Yeop
- Received : 2019.02.21
- Accepted : 2019.05.31
- Published : 2019.06.20
The aim of the research is to provide a fundamental data of low viscosity typed superplasticizer (SP) on cement-based materials incorporating various supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs). As a relatively new product, low-viscosity typed SP has introduced for high performance concrete with high viscosity due to its high solid volume fraction with various SCMs. However, there are not enough research or reports on the performance of the low viscosity typed SP with cement-based materials incorporting SCMs. hence, in this research, for cement paste and mortar, fluidity and rheological properties were evaluated when the mixtures contained various SCMs such as fly ash, blast furnace slag, and silica fume. From the experiment conducted, it was checked that the low viscosity typed superplasticizer decreased the plastic viscosity of the mixture as well as the yield stress. From the results of this research, it is expected to contribute on introduction of new type SP for high performance concrete or high-viscous cementitious materials.
rheology;plastic viscosity;yield stress;low viscosity typed SP;SCMs
- Yang KH, Lee YH. An experimental study on worka- bility for practical use of high-performance concrete. Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 2003 Mar;3 (1):139-46. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2003.3.1.139 https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2003.3.1.139
- Seo i, Lee JW, Park HG, Bae YK, Cho SH, Lee HS. A study on properties of ultra high strength concrete of above 100MPa-fluidity and rheology properties. Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute. 2008 Nov;20(2):317-20. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.3.317
- Park SB, Yoon ES. An experimental study on the mechanical properties of silica fume and fly ash cement composites. Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute. 1994 Oct;06(5);158-70.
- Neville AM. Properties of concrete. Fourth Edition. New York: J. Wiley; 1995. 844 p.
- Sidney M, Youg JF. Concrete-Second Edition. NJ : Pearson Education, Inc; c2003. Chapter 9, Fresh state concrete; p. 566-83.
- Coussot P. Rheometry of pastes, suspensions, and granular materials. New Jersey: A John Wiley & Sons. 2005. 304 p.
- Nehdi M, Mindess S, Aitcin P. Rheology of high performance concrete: effect of ultrafine particles. Cement and Concrete Research. 1998;28(5):687-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(98)00022-2
- Cho HY, Suh JM, Jeon KS, Lee KH, Kim JM. Effect of the polycarboxylates on the physical properties of cement materials. Journal of the korea concrete institute. 2011 Aug;13(4):354-61.
- Mindess S, Young J, Darwin D. Concrete. 2nd ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall; 2002. 644 p.
- Uchikawa H, Hanehara S, Sawaki D. The role of steric repulsive force in the dispersion of cement particles in fresh paste prepared with organic admixture. Cement and Concrete Research. 1997 Jan;27(1):37-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(96)00207-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(96)00207-4
- Wallevik O, Wallevik J. Rheology as a tool in concrete science: the use of rheographs and workability boxes. Cement and Concrete Research. 2011 Dec;41(12):1279-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2011.01.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2011.01.009
- 1Kuder k, Ozyurt N, Mu EB, Shah SP. Rheology of fiber-reinforced cementitious materials. Cement and Concrete Research. 2007 Feb;37(2):191-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2006.10.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2006.10.015
- Shim TY, Lee JH, Kim JH, Kim MK. Correlation between channel-flow test results and rheological properties of freshly mixed mortar. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2016 Jul;17(7):237-44. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.237
- Song JT, Park HS, Byun SH, Yoo DW. Rheological properties of cement paste blended blast furnace slag or fly ash poweder. Journal of the Korea Ceramic Society. 2008 Jun;45(6):336-44. https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2008.45.6.336 https://doi.org/10.4191/KCERS.2008.45.6.336
- Nam JH, Son GH, Hong YT, OH SG. Analysis of the properties of high-flowability concrete using admixture. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2005 Nov;5(1):459-64.
- Park SJ, Kim KM, Sho KH. Effect of particle size distribution of binder on the fluidity of high flowing concrete. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction. 2009 Aug;25(8):167-74.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)