- Volume 12 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Safety Management of Steel Pipe Scaffold using UAV
무인항공기(UAV)를 활용한 건설현장 가시설물 안전관리
- Jun, Byong-Hee (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Nam-Gyun (Forest Technology Division, National Forestry Cooperative Federation) ;
- Jun, Kyo-Won (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University) ;
- Choi, Bong-Jin (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2019.08.09
- Accepted : 2019.09.04
- Published : 2019.09.30
In this study, the UAV (Unmammed Aerial Vehicle) was applied for the photogrammetry of the construction site and the safety management of steel pipe scaffold. The research site is a temporary facility for building reinforcement on Samcheok Campus of Kangwon National University. The installation condition of the steel pipe scaffold was investigated, and the pillar distance, the beam distance and the wale distance were surveyed. As a result, it was found that the beam distance of the scaffold in the longitudinal direction was in good agreement with the standard, but the pillar distance and the wale distance were found to be less than the standard. Three-dimensional data can be used in drone shooting to enable three-dimensional measurement, so that it is possible to measure facilities hidden or located inside other facilities. Through the drone shooting, the condition of the site can be quickly recorded and the surveying can be carried out without interfering with the work of the field personnel. Although the installation of the temporary structure must be strictly observed to ensure the safety of the workers, it is found that the installation standards are still neglected in the field. In order to prevent this practice, it was thought that the legal system should be supplemented so that it could be checked periodically by using UAV in the field process management.
- Ahn, C. S., Yoon, S.W., and Chin, S.Y. (2012). Diligence and Indolence Management System for Specialty Contractor on Construction Site Using GPS of Smart Phone. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 13(3): 56-66. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2012.13.3.056
- Carter, G. and Smith, S. (2006). Safety Hazard Identification on Construction Project. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 132(2): 197-205. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2006)132:2(197)
- Han, S. T. (2017). A Study on the Improvement of Safety Manegement by the Cause of Accident in Construction Sites. Master's thesis. Seoul National University of Science and Technology. Korea.
- Hong, J. S., Bae, D. K., and Kim, J. J. (2005). A Safety Management Activity Improvement in Construction Sites through Analysis of Success Factors. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 6(5): 148-156.
- Jang, Y. R. and Go, S. S. (2018). A Risk Assessment Counterplan for Reducing the Accident Rates in Medium and Small sized Construction Sites. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 9(5): 90-100.
- Kim, D. W. (2011). Safety Management System for a Large Construction Project Using Real-time Location System. Ph. D. Dissertation. Korea University. Korea.
- Kim, Y. S. (2014). A Study on the Improvement of Construction Scaffolds Considering Structual Stability and Size of Workers. Master's thesis. Hanyang University. Korea.
- Ko, D. W. and Jang, M. H. (2014). Development of Adjustable Safety Foothold for Scaffoldings. Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea. 16(5): 191-198.
- Lee, H. S., Lee, K. P., Park, M. S., Kim, H. S., and Lee, S. B. (2009). A Construction Safety Management System Based on Building Information Modeling and Real-time Loading System. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 10(6): 135-145.
- Lee, Y. S., Lee, D. G. Yu, Y. G., and Lee, H. J. (2016). Application of Drone in Forest Damage Areas. Journal of Korean Society for Geospatial Information Science. 24(3): 49-58. https://doi.org/10.7319/kogsis.2016.24.3.049
- Ministry of Employment and Labor. (2018). Analysis of the Status of Industrial Accidents. Korea
- Moon, S. W., Choi, E. G., and Hyun, J. H. (2011). Safety Management of the Retaining Wall Using USN Sonar Sensors. Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 12(6): 22-30.
- Paik, S. M. (2014). A Study on the Improvement of Construction Safety Management System Using the Internet of Things. Master's thesis. Gacheon University. Korea
- Samir E. and Osama M. (2008). Intergrating 3D Laser Scanning and Photogrammetry for Progress Measurement of Construction Work. Automation in Construction. 18: 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2008.05.006
- Shin, H. S., Um, J. S., and Kim, J. H. (2017). A Study on Damage Scale Tacking Technique for Debris Flow Occurrence Section Using Drone Image. Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography. 35(6): 517-526.