- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Regionalization of Conceptual Rainfall-Runoff Model to Simulate Runoff Induced by Typhoons
태풍 발생 시 유출량 산정을 위한 개념적 강우-유출 모형의 지역화 연구
- Chang, Hyung Joon (School of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Ho Jin (School of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Hyo Sang (School of Civil Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2019.11.20
- Accepted : 2019.12.20
- Published : 2019.12.31
There is an increasing demand for catchment runoff estimation to cope with the natural disasters such as typhoon, extreme rainfall. However, the ungauged catchments are common case in practices. This study suggested a rationalization of conceptual rainfall-runoff model for typhoon flood events in Geum river region. And the developed models were validated based on the observed hydrological data. Therefore, developed regionalization models could estimate catchment runoff for Typhoon flood events. It will be used as basic data for the river management for extreme flood conditions.
- Chang, H. J., Kjeldsen, T., McIntyre, N., and Lee, H. S. (2018). Regionalisation of a PDM Model for Catchment Runoff in a Mountainous Region of Korea. KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering. 22(11): 4699-4709. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-018-1629-7
- Jakeman, A. J. and Hornberger, G. M. (1993). How Much Complexity is Warranted in a Rainfall-Runoff Model? Water Resources Research. 29(8): 2637-2649. https://doi.org/10.1029/93WR00877
- Jakeman, A. J., Littlewood, I. G., and Whitehead, P. G. (1990). Computation of the Instantaneous Unit Hydrograph and Identifiable Component Flows with Application to Two Small Upland Catchments. Journal of Hydrology. 117(1-4): 275-300. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(90)90097-H
- Kang, M. G., Lee, J. H., and Park, K. W. (2013). Parameter Regionalization of a Tank Model for Simulating Runoffs from Ungauged Watersheds. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 46(5): 519-530. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.5.519
- Kim, K. T., Shim, M. P., and Sonu, J. H. (1999). Application of GIS for Runoff Simulation in Ungaged Basin(I): Selection of Soil Map and Landuse Map. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 32(2): 163-176.
- Kim, T. J., Jeong, G. I., Kim, K. Y., and Kwon, H. H. (2015). A Study on Regionalization of Parameters for Sacramento Continuous Rainfall-Runoff Model Using Watershed Characteristics. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 45(10): 793-806.
- Lee, B. J., Ko, H. Y., Chang, K. Ho., and Choi, Y. J. (2011). Assessment of Radar AWS Rainrate for Streamflow Simulation on Ungauged Basin. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association. 44(9): 721-730. https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2011.44.9.721
- McIntyre, N., Lee, H. S. H., Wheather, A. Y., and Wagener, T. (2005). Ensemble Predictions of Runoff in Ungauged Catchments, Water Resources Research. 41(12): W12434.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2011). Maintenance Plan Report (Guem-River).
- Moore, R. J. (2007). The PDM Rainfall-runoff Model. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 11(1): 483-499. https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-11-483-2007
- National Emergency Management Agency. (2012). 2012 Statistical Yearbook of Natural Disaster.
- Wagner, T., Wheater, H., and Gupta, H. (2004), Rainfall-Runoff Modeling in Gaged and Ungaged Catchments, London. Imperial College Press. London.