- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Terrain Data Construction and FLO-2D Modeling of the Debris-Flow Occurrences Area
토석류 발생지역 지형자료 구축 및 FLO-2D 모델링
- Oh, Chae-Yeon (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University) ;
- Jun, Kye-Won (Graduate School of Disaster Prevention, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2019.11.05
- Accepted : 2019.12.09
- Published : 2019.12.31
Occurrences of debris flow are a serious danger to roads and residential located in mountainous areas and cause a lot of property loss. In this study, two basins were selected and spatial data were constructed to simulate the occurred debris flow from mountainous areas. The first basin was to use the Terrestrial LiDAR to scan the debris flow occurrence section and to build terrain data. For the second basin, use drones the sediment in the basin was photographed and DSM (Digital surface model) was generated. And to analyze the effect of the occurrence of debris flow on downstream side, FLO-2D, two-dimensional commercial model, was used to simulate the flow region of the debris flow. And it was compared with the sedimentation area of terrestrial LiDAR and drone measurement data.
- FLO-2D (2009). FLO-2D Reference Manual. http://www.flo-2d.com.
- Kim, S. G., Paik, J. C., and Kim, K. S. (2013). Run-out Modeling of Debris Flows in MT. Umyeon using FLO-2D. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers. 33(3): 965-974. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.3.965
- Lee, S. Y., Jeong, G. Y., and Pak, S. J. (2015). Evaluating Geomorphological Classification Systems to Predict the Occurrence of landslides in Mountainous Region. Journal of the Korean Geographical Society. 50(5): 485-503.
- Lim, S. B., Seo, C. W., and Yun, H. C. (2015). Digital Map Updates with UAV Photogrammetric Methods. Journal of the Korean Society of Surveying, Geodesy, Photogrammetry and Cartography. 33(5): 397-405. https://doi.org/10.7848/ksgpc.2015.33.5.397
- O'Brien, J. S. Julien, P. Y., and Fullerton, W. T. (1993). Two-dimensional Water Flood and Mudflow Simulation. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 119(2): 244-261. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9429(1993)119:2(244)
- Park, J. K. and Jung, K. Y. (2018). Investigation and Analysis of Forest Geospatial Information Using Drone. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 19(2): 602-607.
- Sidle, R. C., Ziegler, A. D., Negishi, J. N., Nik, A. R., Siew, R., and Turkelboom, F. (2006). Erosion Processes in Steep Terrain-Truths, Myths, and Uncertainties Related to Forest Management in Southeast Asia. Forest Ecology and Management. 224: 199-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2005.12.019