- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Effects on Adoption of a Safety e-Reporting System
안전신고 제도(안전신문고) 도입에 따른 효과 분석
- Lee, Jun (Transport Safety & Disaster Prevension Research Center, Korea Transport Institute (KOTI)) ;
- Cho, Sangmyeong (Safety Research Division, National Disaster Management Research Institute (NDMI)) ;
- Park, Eunmi (Department of Urban Engineering, Mokwon University) ;
- Lee, Sanghwa (Industrial-Academic Cooperation Foundation, Mokwon University)
- Received : 2019.11.14
- Accepted : 2019.12.16
- Published : 2019.12.31
To analyze the effectiveness of the safety e-reporting system, the present study carried out analysis of safety e-reporting data reported between September 2014 and July 2019, and selected items for measuring the effectiveness of safety e-reporting. Using these items, the effects of adopting the reporting system for the four major parking violations was analyzed, alongside an analysis of effects in terms of traffic accidents using the unit model. When we count the securement of the tax revenue through measures such as charging fines as the beneficial factor per case, the estimation of the benefit is around 62,000 KRW per case. Summing the two factors up, the total value of citizen's reports pertaining to the big four parking violations is about 275,000 KRW per case. Most of the reports made through the Safety e-Report system are about traffic and facilities. When we calculate the total annual benefit with the representative reporting value defined with traffic and facilities, the system received a total of 1,164,439 cases from 2014 to 2019, while citizens reported 52,721 cases for the big four parking violations from April to July 2019. As the value of a safety report is around the net benefit for last five years is around 27,340,000,000 KRW.
- Lee, J. H. and Jung, H. C. (2016). A comparative Study on Validity of AHP and Conjoint Analysis : A Case of Cosmetics Preference, The Korean Journal of Applied Statistics. 29(5): 925-927.
- Seong, R. H., Yoo, K. Y., Jeon, K. M., Kim, Y. H., Hwang, D. G., and Park, H. S. (2018). '17 Estimation and Evaluation of Road Traffic Accident Costs. KoROAD. p. 92.
- Jang, T. W. (2009). Methodological Considerations on the Method of Determining the Importance of Choosing the AHP Method and the Conjoint. Journal of Practical Research in Advertising and Public Relations. 2(1): 10-14.
- Saaty, T. L. (1980). The Analytic Hierarchy Process. McGraw-Hill. New York.
- Satty, T. L. (1990). How to Make a Decision: The Analytic Hierarchy Process. European Journal of Operational Research, 48: 9-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(90)90057-I