- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Metadata Element Design for Korean Medicine Research Data Management and Re-use
한의학 연구 데이터 관리 및 공유를 위한 메타데이터 요소 설계
Yea, Sang-Jun;Jang, Ho;Kim, Suntae
- Received : 2019.04.14
- Accepted : 2019.05.20
- Published : 2019.05.31
This research makes the metadata element design for Korean medicine research data management and re-use. Derived metadata elements are verified in research data of Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine. TTAK.K0-10.0976 Standard, DataCite metadata Schema and National Research Data Platform of KISTI were analyzed to derive the metadata elements. Including Identifier, 27 elements were derived as top-level elements with 29 mandatory elements, 13 recommended elements and 31 optional elements. The degree of elements' necessity and new metadata elements were investigated and suggested in the survey by six domain experts in korean medicine field. In this study subject classification for the korean medicine research data are suggested. The final version of metadata schema was tested and verified by comparing with the legacy metadata fields. The research results can be used to describe the Korean medicine research data: items and files.
Research Data;Korean Medicine;Metadata;Repository;Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine
- 과학기술정보통신부. "국가과학기술표준분류." 2018 [cited 2019. 1. 6.]
- Kim, Suntae et al. 2017. "The metadata for the managing and sharing research data." Telecommunications Technology Association. TTAK.K0-10.0976
- Shin, Eun-jung. 2018. "Introduction of the National R&D Project Data Management Plan" STEPI Science and Technology Policy Forum.
- Cho, SungBok. 2012. "A Study on Strategy for Oriental Medicine resources An Integrated Database System."
- 한국보건산업진흥원. "보건산업기술분류체계." 2013 [cited 2019. 1. 6.]
- 한국보건산업진흥원. "HT융합기술의 분류체계 연구." 2015 [cited 2019. 1. 6.]
- 한국보건산업진흥원. "HT표준기술분류체계." 2014 [cited 2019. 1. 6.]
- Adams Becker, S. et al. 2017. NMC Horizon Report: 2017 Library Edition. Austin, Texas: The New Media Consortium.
DataCite Statistics. [online] [cited 2018. 12. 11.]
Europe 2020 strategy. [online] [cited 2019. 3. 6.]
- European Commission. 2016. Open Innovation, Open Science, Open to the World. ISBN 978-92-79-57346-0 doi:10.2777/061652
Horizon 2020. [online] [cited 2019. 2. 6.]
Innovation Union. [online] [cited 2019. 2. 6.]
- Johnson, R., Chiarelli, A. and Parsons, T. 2016. Data asset framework (DAF) survey results. figshare. Fileset. https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.3796305.v4
- JST. 2017a. JST Policy on Open Access to Research Publications and Research Data. Management. https://www.jst.go.jp/EN/about/openscience/policy_openscience_en.pdf
- JST. 2017b. Implementation Guidelines: JST Policy on Open Access to Research Publications and Research Data Management. https://www.jst.go.jp/EN/about/openscience/guideline_openscience_en.pdf
- National Academy of Sciences (US), National Academy of Engineering (US) and Institute of Medicine (US) Committee. 2009. Ensuring the Utility and Integrity of Research Data in a Digital Age. Ensuring the Integrity, Accessibility, and Stewardship of Research Data in the Digital Age. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK215264/ doi: 10.17226/12615
- Rohrig, B. et al. 2009. "Types of study in medical research: part 3 of a series on evaluation of scientific publications." Deutsches Arzteblatt International, 106(15): 262.
- Rolando, L. 2015. "Data Management Plans as a Research Tool." Bul. Am. Soc. Info. Sci. Tech, 41: 43-45. doi:10.1002/bult.2015.1720410510 https://doi.org/10.1002/bult.2015.1720410510
- Rylance, R. et al. 2016. Concordat on Open Research Data. https://www.ukri.org/files/legacy/documents/concordatonopenresearchdata-pdf/
SPEC Kit 334. [online] [cited 2019. 2. 6.]
- Starr, J. and Gastl, A. 2011. "isCitedBy: A Metadata Scheme for DataCite." D-Lib Magazine, 17(1).
- Sut, N. 2014. "Study designs in medicine." Balkan medical journal, 31(4): 273.
- Tenopir, C. et al. 2017. "Research Data Services in European Academic Research Libraries." LIBER Quarterly, 27(1): 23-44. DOI:http://doi.org/10.18352/lq.10180 https://doi.org/10.18352/lq.10180
- Uman, L. S. 2011. "Systematic reviews and meta-analyses." Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 57.
- Zeng, X. et al. 2015. "The methodological quality assessment tools for preclinical and clinical studies, systematic review and meta-analysis, and clinical practice guideline: a systematic review." Journal of evidence-based medicine, 8(1): 2-10. https://doi.org/10.1111/jebm.12141
Grant : 연구정보 빅데이터화 및 통합 관리체계 구축
Supported by : 한국한의학연구원