- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Change of Relation between Countries through Analysis of Portal News Articles: Focusing on the Czech Republic
포털 뉴스 기사 분석을 통한 국가 간 관계 변화 추이 연구 - 체코를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2019.04.22
- Accepted : 2019.05.16
- Published : 2019.05.31
The purpose of the study is to examine the trend in the change of relation between countries (Czech and Korea) through analysis of portal new articles. In order to achieve the purpose, we analyzed news articles about Czech from 1990 to March 31st, 2019. We divided it into 6 periods by every 5 years, reviewed 200 news articles for each period totaling 1,200 news articles, and categorized them into 4 categories by subject (politics, economy, society and culture, and educations). The result of the study showed the subject of society and culture represented the largest proportion of all news articles. We also found that the range of changes in the sub-categories of society and culture occurred most extensively. We concluded the paper with several suggestions that could promote cooperation between Korea and Czech.
Naver News;Article Analysis;Czech;Change of Relations between Countries;Promoting Cooperation
Ministry of Education. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
- Kim, H. K. 2011. A study on the social recognition of library. Doctoral dissertation Chung-Ang University.
- Kim, S. H. 2015. The role of small libraries introduced in news article. Masters' dissertation, Kyungpook National University.
Do, J. 2016. A study of partnerships in international relations: Interpretation on diplomatic documents between S. Korea and EU, Russia, and China. Jeju Peace Institute, Technical Report: 1-23. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
www.seoul.co.kr. 2010.01.27. What is the strategic partnership? [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
Ministry of Foreign Affairs. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
- Cho, B. and Sim, H. 2013. "Sucess factor analysis of K-POP and a study on sustainable Korean wave: Focus on smart media based on realistic contents." Journal of the Korean Contents Association, 13(5): 90-102. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.090
Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Czech Republic, Ministry of Foregn Affairs. 2019. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
Korean Tourism Organization. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
Korea International Trade Association (KITA). 2019. Retrieved from
- Her, S. 1997. "Libraries in the korean newspaper." KLA Journal, 38(1): 3-19.
Cambridge Dictionary. 2019. Cambridge University Press. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
Czech Tourism Organization(Czech Republic Land of Stories). [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
- Cho, J. 2018. "The trends of media coverage about libraries in Korea: Using semantic network analysis of portal news." International Journal of Libraries and Information Studies (LIBRI), 68(4): 291-301.
- Jary, D. and Jary, J. 1991. The HarperCollins Dictionary of Sociology. New York: Harper Perennial, 101.
Merriam-Webster's Unabridged Dictionary. 2019. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
Visegrade Group, 2019. [online] [cited 2019. 4. 15.]
- Williams, R. 1988. Keywords: A Vocabulary of Culture and Society, 2nd Ed.,. Fourth Estate Ltd., 87-93.
Supported by : 강남대학교