- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Recognition and Needs Analysis of Community Residents to Reuse Closed Schools as Library
폐교 시설의 효과적인 도서관 활용을 위한 폐교 발생 지역 주민의 인식 및 요구 분석에 관한 연구
Noh, Younghee;Ro, Ji-Yoon
- Received : 2019.04.18
- Accepted : 2019.05.20
- Published : 2019.05.31
This study conducted a demand analysis for the operation and management of closed schools, the direction of future use of closed schools, and the utilization of closed schools, among local residents expected to play a key role in the successful use of closed libraries. According to the study, residents in areas where schools actually occur may actively consider the use of closed schools when they are lacking in the number of libraries in the region or when they hope to remodel their schools as libraries, given that they are positive about future use of closed schools and that remodeling them is more economical in terms of cost than building new libraries. The current awareness of the use and operation of closed schools remains at a normal level, so it is deemed necessary to improve the direction of the promotion, operation and recycling of closed schools in the order of promotion, operation and physical aspects by grouping obstacles to the operation and management of closed schools. In addition, the current status of cultural facilities and the demands of local residents are met in terms of the types of use of closed school facilities, and it means that closed schools can be used in a relatively easy-to-access location based on their location, while libraries can be used as a space for cultural facilities that are different from the existing public libraries, exhibition halls, and eco-friendly libraries.
Library and Closed School;Needs Analysis of Community Residents;Reusing;Reuse Closed Schools as Library
- Kang, Deok Lim, Cho, Sung Kwan and Lee, Hak Ki. 2011. "A Study on the Use of Closure Facilities: Focused on Busan and Kyungnam Area." Journal of Korean Institute of Construction Engineering and Management Science, 59-62.
- Noh, Younghee and Ro, Ji-Yoon. 2018. "A Study on the Utilization of Closed School in Library." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 35(4): 77-106.
- Noh, Younghee and Ro, Ji-Yoon. 2019. "A Study on Improved Utilization of Closed School in the Library Based on Characteristics of Closed Area: Based on the analysis of area where closed school occurs through the Socioeconomic Index." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 50(1): 157-176. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.50.1.201903.157
- Ma, Sang-jin. 2010. "How to Facilitate the Utilization of Closed Rural Schools." Policy research report of Korea Rural Economic Institute, 1-108.
- Park, Kyoung-Ok, Cho Hyun-Ju and Lee, Sang-Un. 2004. "A Study on the Utilization of Closed Schools in Rural Area as Welfare Facilities for the Elderly and Community Center: Life Pattern and Use of Facilities of Rural Residents." Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 20(1): 49-58.
- Yang, Tae-Ho. 2008. The feasible analysis for the welfare facility of old people with a closed school in a farming village. M.A. thesis, Major in Real Estate Construction & Development Graduate School of Real Estate KonKuk University.
- Lee, Sang-Mi. 2015. "Effects of Korean Wave on Chinese Tourist's Korean Food Recognition and Purchasing Intention." Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(5): 515-522. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.05.515
- Rhee, Sang Young, Kim, Eun Ja and Kim, Young. 2008. "Utilization of Abolished School Planning for Reinvigorating the Rural Economy" Journal of Agricultural Extension & Community Development, 16(2): 439-461.
- Lee, Chang-sik. 1999. "A Study on the Utilization of Rural Closed Schools." Journal of the Korean Rural Guidance Association, 6(1): 55-73.
- Lee, Hee-Yul and Jung, Hye-Lyun. 2012. "The Study on the Effect of Fair Trade Products' Awareness and Franchise Corporate' Image Using Fair Trade Products on Purchase Intention." FoodService Industry Journal, 8(1): 187-209. https://doi.org/10.22509/kfsa.2012.8.1.009
- Chung, Ji-Young. 2002. "A Study on the Using Methodology for the Closed School Facilities." Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Structure & Construction, 22(2): 47-50.
- Cho, Jung Hwan. 2006. Legal Review on the Use of the Property of Closed School. M.A. thesis, Graduate School of Law Affairs-Public, Daejin University.
- Choi, Jae-Pil, Lee, Yun-Jae, Ryu, Jeong-Won, Byun, Na-Hyang and Moon, Guen-Jong. 2010. "School Conversion Strategy for Affordable Housing." Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 26(3): 3-11.
- Han, Sang Woo. 2008. "The Present Status and Improvement of Closed Schools in Gyeongnam Province." Policy focus issue analysis, 1-37.
- Noh and Ahn. 2018. Evaluation Indicators for Green Libraries and Library Eco-friendliness. International Journal of Knowledge Content Development & Technology, 8(1): 51-77.