- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Direction of 'Library and Information Life' Curriculum Revision Based on '2015 Revised National Curriculum'
'2015 개정 교육과정'에 따른 '도서관과 정보생활' 교육과정의 개정 방향에 관한 연구
- Received : 2019.04.14
- Accepted : 2019.05.20
- Published : 2019.05.31
The curriculum in primary and secondary school is at the heart of the education. In education, a curriculum is broadly defined as the comprehensive plan consisting of educational goal and objectives, instructional content, materials, teaching and learning method. Many countries has national level curricula in primary and secondary education, such as the Korea. Korean national curriculum has been revised 10 times. Currently, '2015 revised curriculum' is applied in korea. On the other hand, the Korean library association developed called a 'Library and information life' curriculum for information literacy instruction in 2007. However, this curriculum is based on the '2007 revised national curriculum', so it differs from the system and contents structure of the '2015 revised national curriculum'. Since the primary and secondary school applying the '2015 revised national curriculum', 'Library and information life' curriculum should be revised. Therefore, this study suggests the direction of revising the 'Library and information life' curriculum after comparing and analyzing '2015 revised curriculum' and 'Library and information life' curriculum.
School Library;Information Literacy Curriculum;Library and Information Life
- Korean Ministry of Education. 2014. Understanding the Core Achievement Standards of high School by 2009 Revised Curriculum: Social Study. Seoul: Korean Ministry of Education.
- Korean Ministry of Education. 2015a. Q & A of 2015 Revised Curriculum. Seoul: Korean Ministry of Education.
- Korean Ministry of Education. 2015b. Overview of Elementary and Secondary School Curriculum. Seoul: Korean Ministry of Education.
- Korean Ministry of Education. 2015c. Social Studies Curriculum. Seoul: Korean Ministry of Education.
- Kim, Dae Hyun and Kim, Seok Woo. 2011. Curriculum and Educational Assessment. 4th ed. Seoul: Hyojisa.
- Kim, Sung Jun. 2011. "A Study on the Development of Information Literacy Textbook, School Library and Information Literacy." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 42(3): 271-292. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.42.3.201109.271
- Kim, Yong Chul et al. 1998. High School Information and Media. Seoul: Daehangyogwaser.
- Kim, Yong Chul et al. 2003. Information and library: Elementary School, Middle School, High School. Seoul: Daehangyogwaser.
- Seoul National University. Institute of Education, 2007. Education terminology dictionary. Seoul: Howdongserl.
- Lee, Kwangwoo. 2014. A Study on the Direction of Subjects Curriculum Development. Seoul: Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation.
- Lee, Kwangwoo. 2015. "Core Concepts, Core Competencies in the Revised 2015 Curriculum." The Proceeding of Korean Home, Economics Education Association, 11-29.
- Lee, Byeongki. 2007. "Institutionalization of Information Literacy Instruction and Library Assited Instruction Considering National Level Curriculum." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 38(1): 443-462. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.38.1.200703.443
- Lee, Byeongki. 2011. "A Study on the Instructional Design of Library and Information Life Subject Based on Backward Design Model." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 22(3): 5-24.
- Lee, Byeong-Ki. 2012. Information Literacy Instruction. 2nd ed. Gyeonggi: Joeungulter.
- Lee, Byeong Ho. 2009. An Exploration on Improvement of National Curriculum Standards Documental System. Journal of Curriculum Integration, 27(4): 21-45.
- Korea Library Association. School Library Curriculum Committee. 2007. Library and Information Life Curriculum Standards. Seoul: Korea Library Association.
- Korea Library Association. Korean Library Standards Committee. 2013. Korean Library Standards. Seoul: Korea Library Association.
- Korea School Library Association. Textbook Compilation Committee. Library and Information Life: Elementary School for 1.2.3 Grade, for 4.5.6 Grade, Middle School, High School. Seoul: Future and Culture.
AASL(American Association of School Librarians). 2011. Learning Standards & Common Core State Standards Crosswalk. [online] [cited 2019. 2. 15].
- AASL(American Association of School Librarians). 2013. Implementing the Common Core State Standards. Chicago: American Association of School Librarians.
- IFLA. 2015. IFLA School Library Guidelines. Den Haag, Netherlands: International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions.