- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Contribution of the Free Learning Semester Programs of Public Library to Local Development: Focused on Cases of Busan City
공공도서관 자유학기제 프로그램의 지역발전 기여 - 부산지역 사례를 중심으로 -
Yoon, Hee-Yoon;Kim, Gyoung Hee
- Received : 2019.03.28
- Accepted : 2019.05.16
- Published : 2019.05.31
The free learning semester system focuses on the activation of career education of middle school students as an educational policy that links career recognition in elementary school, career search in middle school, and career planning in high school. This system was fully implemented in 2016 and public libraries also provided various programs. This study analyzed the free learning semester system programs of public libraries in Busan city and demonstrated the contribution of local development. As a result, career and job search, career exploration and experience, and information literacy enhancement programs contributed to local knowledge culture, reading culture, learning culture, living culture and leisure culture. However, contribution of reading exhibitions, job experience, information literacy enhancement to the leisure culture and local economy were limited. Therefore, it is desirable that all libraries should add programs related to knowledge ecosystem structure, digital information gap, human healing, social environment issues, future job prospects, and provide information literacy programs.
Free Learning Semester;Young Adults;Public Library;Local Culture;Local Development
- Kwon, Eun-Kyung. 2017. "A Study on Effective Counterplan of Library to Free Learning Semester." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 48(4): 49-76. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.48.4.201712.49
- Kim, Nara and Choi, Jiwon. 2014. "Directions and Challenges for Free Learning Semester through Foreign Cases Analysis based on Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, and United Kingdom." The Journal of Career Education Research, 27(3): 199-223.
- Noh, Young Hee and Kim, Hye In. 2016. "A Study on Strengthening the Libraries' Role by Using Free Learning Semester." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(4): 93-122. https://doi.org/10.16981/kliss.47.4.201612.93
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2018. Survey Report on Cultural Enjoyment. Sejong: MCST.
- Yoon, Hee Yoon. 2015. "The Contribution Strategy of Public Library Local Cultural Development in Korea." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 46(4): 1-20.
- Yoon, Hee Yoon. 2017. Public Library: Axiom & Sound Argument. Daegu: Taeilsa.
- Yi, Jaehee. 2016. "Analysis of Public Library Programs about Adolescent Career Search -Mainly the Case of Bucheoncity Wonmi Public Library." Digital library, 82: 86-105.
- Lim, Mi Hwa. 2014. "The Public Library's Career-searching Reading Education, which Cultivates One's Dreams and Talents: Focused on the Jeongdok Public Library's Reading Discussion Program." Digital library, 73: 29-55.
- Korean Library Association. 2017-2018. Report on Humanities Projects on the Road. Seoul: KLA.
Korean Library Association. 2018. Humanities Projects on the Road(2018. 05. 03). [online] [cited 2018. 10. 31.]
- Hoang, Gum-Sook and Kim, Soo Kyoung. 2016. "A Study on Developing Model of Reading Culture Program in Public Library for Free-semester." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 27(3): 99-128. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2016.27.3.099
- Joanna, Sin Sei-Ching and Vakkari Pertti. 2015. "Perceived Outcomes of Public Libraries in the U.S." Library & Information Science Research, 37(3): 209-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2015.04.009
- Marino, Mina Di and Kimmo Lapintie. 2015. "Libraries as Transitory Workspaces and Spatial Incubators." Library & Information Science Research, 37(2): 118-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lisr.2015.01.001