- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Media of Social Studies 1 Textbooks for the Middle School with the Information Processing Model
정보처리모형을 이용한 중학교 『사회 1』 교과서 수록 매체 분석
- Received : 2019.04.01
- Accepted : 2019.05.14
- Published : 2019.05.31
The purpose of this study is to analyze the media of middle school social studies 1 textbooks with the information processing model and to suggest educational information services of teacher librarians under a collaborative Instruction. For this purpose, 1,089 inquiry tasks embedded in 8 types of textbooks for middle school social studies developed under the 2015 revised curriculum were analyzed. The media as an input element was analyzed by the type and the characteristic as a processing element was analyzed by the cognitive behavior types. And the aspect of the output factor of the media utilized the multiple intelligences. As a result of the analysis, the media in the inquiry task solving process mainly consisted of visual media based on photographs and illustrations and general reading materials. The processing method of media is understanding through analysis and inference through structuring. And the output utilized speaking and writing of the language intelligence. Based on the results, it is shown that educational information services that teacher librarians could provide for inquiry activities are composed of developing curriculum map, teaching inquiry processing and skills, and designing work sheets with graphic organizer and multiple intelligences under the information processing steps.
Social Studies;Teacher Librarians;Collaborative Instruction;School Library-based Instruction;Information Processing Model;Multiple Intelligences;Inquiry tasks
- Ministry of Education. 2015. Social Studies Curriculum. Sejong: Ministry of Education.
- Koo, Jeong-Hwa et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbooks 1 for Middle School. Seoul: CheonJaekyoyook.
- Kim, Yeong-Soon et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbooks 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Dong-A Publishing.
- Kim, Jin-Soo et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbooks 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Mirae N.
- Kim, Chan-Bin. 2009. An Analysis on the Pursuit Activity within the highschool Economy Textbook. M.A. thesis, Graduate School of Education, Sookmyung Women's University, Graduate Schools of Education.
- Noh, Jeong-Im, Song, Gi-Ho and Yu, Jong-Yeol. 2017. "An Analysis on Teaching and Learning Strategies of Inquiry Tasks in the Elementary Moral Textbooks by Multiple Intelligence." Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 51(2): 5-22. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2017.51.1.005
- Mo, Kyeong-Hwan et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbook 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Kunsung Publishing.
- Park, Hyeong-Joon et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbook 1 for middle School. Middle School. Seoul: ChunJaekyoguaseo.
- Park, Hyo-Jeong et al. 2006. Multiple Intelligences Theory and Instruction. Seoul: Yangseowon.
- Song, Gi-Ho. 2014. Integrated Information Literacy Instruction for Teacher Librarians. Daegu: Taeilsa.
- Song, Gi-Ho. 2015. "An Analysis of Elements of the Information Literacy Process within Common Inquiry Tasks of Textbooks in Korean Middle Schools Social Studies." Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 49(3): 233-252. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2015.49.3.233
- Song, Gi-Ho. 2016. "An Analysis of Elements for Teacher Librarians' Educational Librarians' Educational Information Services Embedded in Inquiry Tasks of Elementary Social Studies Textbooks: based on the 4th.5th.6th Grade in the First term." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 47(3): 1-20.
- Song, Gi-Ho. 2017. "An Analysis of Media in the Elementary Moral Textbooks by the Information Processing Model." The Korean Biblia Society For Library And Information Science, 28(1): 5-23. https://doi.org/10.14699/kbiblia.2017.28.1.005
- Shin, Dong-Ryoung. 2010. Inquiry Activities in Elementary School Social Studies: Focusing on History Education. M.A. thesis, Graduate School of Education, Chongju National University of Education, Graduate Schools of Education.
- Ok, Il-Nam. 2012. "Understanding of Inquiry Activity in High School Social Studies Textbooks." Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 44(1): 51-90.
- Yu, Jong-Yeol and Song, Gi-Ho. 2017. "An Analysis of Teacher Librarians' Educational Role Embedded in Inquiry Tasks of Elementary Social Studies Textbooks: based on the 4th.5th.6th Grade in the Second Term." Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 51(1): 29-47. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2017.51.1.029
- Lee, Khan Yong. 2005. "Alternatives for the Problems of the Inquiry Tasks in Social Studies of Elementary School." Social Studies Education, 44(3): 151-171.
- Lee, Min-Boo et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbook 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Pakyoungsa.
- Lee, Byeong-Ki. 2003. "A Study of Information literacy Instructional Method through Multiple Intelligences." Journal of the Korean Library and Information Science Society, 37(1): 43-60. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2003.37.1.043
- Lee, Shin-Dong. 1994. "The Limitations of Information Processing Theory and Neural Network Theory." Journal of Research In Education, 6: 231-241.
- Lee, Jin-Seok et al. 2017. Social Studies Textbook 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Jihaksa.
- Jang, Jung-In. 2009. "An Analysis on Inquiry Task On the Political Area in Social Studies Textbooks." Journal of Education & Culture, 15(1): 107-138. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2009.15.1.107
- Jeon, Min-Je. 2011. An analysis of inquiry activities in the General Social Studies Section of the High School First-Year Social Studies Textbook of the 2007 Revised Curriculum by Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. M.A. thesis, Graduate School of Education, Daegu University, Graduate Schools of Education.
- Choi, Sung-Gil et al. 2017. Social Studies Text Book 1 for Middle School. Seoul: Visangkyoyook.
- Anderson, Lorin et al. 2005. A Taxonomy for Learning, Teaching, and Assessment: A Revision of Blooms's Texonomy of Educational Objectives. translated by Kang, Hyun-suk et al. Seoul: Academypress.
- Armstrong, Thomas. 2014. Multiple Intelligence in the Classroom. translated by Jeon, Yoon-Sik et al. Seoul: Chungangjeokseong Publishing.
- Borich, Gary D. 2011. Effective Teaching Methods: Research-Based Practice. 7th ed. translated by Park, Seung-Bae et al. Seoul: Academypress.
- Gardner, Howard. 2007. Multiple Intelligences. translated by Moon, Yong-Rin and Yoo, Kyeong-Jae. Seoul: Woongjinjisikhouse.
- Connell, J. Diane. 2008. Brain-Based Strategies to Reach Every Learner. translated by Jeong, Jong-Jin, Im, Cheong-Hwan and Seong, Yong-Gu. Seoul: Hakjisa.
- Cozolino, Louis. 2017. The Social Neuroscience of Education. translated by Kim, Yu-Mi, KIm and Nan-Seol, Heo. Seoul: Hakjisa Publishers.
- Gunter, Mary A., Estes, Thomas H. and Mintz, Susan L. 2010. Instruction: A Models Approach. 5th ed. translated by Kweon, Nak-Won. Seoul: Academypress.
- Harada, Violet H. and Yoshina, Joan M. 2004. Inquiry Learning through Librarian-Teacher Partnerships. Worthington: Linworth Publishing.
International Federation of Library Associations(IFLA). 2015. The IFLA School Library Guidelines. 2nd. ed. [online] [cited 2018. 12. 14.]
- Brodie, Carolyn S. 2006. "Collaboration Practices." School Library Media Activities Monthly, 23(2): 27-30.
Supported by : 공주대학교