- Volume 6 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Factors Influencing Family Business Decision for Borrowing Credit from Commercial Banks: Evidence in Tra Vinh Province, Viet Nam
- NGUYEN, Ha Hong (Department of Finance and Banking, Tra Vinh University) ;
- LIEN, Trinh To (Faculty of Economics, Tra Vinh University)
- Received : 2019.01.17
- Accepted : 2019.03.30
- Published : 2019.05.30
The study aims to investigate factors influencing business households' decision for borrowing credit: the case of commercial banks in Tra Vinh Province, VietNam. The study was conducted by collecting data from 300 business households traded at four commercial banks in Tra Vinh province (Viet Nam bank for agriculture and rural development, Tra Vinh Branch; Viet Nam jointstock commercial bank industry and trade, Tra Vinh Branch; Asia joinstock commercial bank, Tra Vinh Branch; Viet Nam jointstock commercial bank for foreign trade, Tra Vinh Branch). By the use of the Binary Logistic regression method, the research found out that the factors influencing to borrow c redit of household business's decision including: banks brand names, loan interest rates, service attitude, and loan procedures. Of those, the banks brand names and lending interest rates have the strongest impacts on borrow credit decision of business households at commerc ials banks in Tra Vinh province. Since then, the study has proposed solutions to improve access to credit of business households in commercial banks in Tra Vinh province in the coming time, such as: developing a bank brand; the development of flexible lending interest rate policies; improve service style of bank staff; at the same time, simplifying lending procedures.
- Ansa, M. O. (2014). An Empirical study on the Determinnants of Banks Selection in Ghana: Application of principal Factor Annalysis on Senior High School Teachers in the Kumasi metropolis. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 4(July), 7-9.
- Frangos, C. C. (2012). Factors Affecting Customers' Decision for Taking out Banks Loans: A Case of Greek Customers. Journal of Marketing Research and Case Studies, Article ID 927167, 08-16.
- Ho, P. T. L. (2015). The analysis of factors affecting customers's decision for taking out banks loans at EXIMBANKS, Can Tho branch (pp.42-48). Master's dissertation, Can Tho University.
- Hoang, T., & Chu, N. M. N. (2008). Data analysis with SPSS software (pp.38-45). Hanoi, Vietnam: Hong Duc Publishing House.
- Le, D. H. (2015). Factors affecting Ho Chi Minh City individual customers' decision for taking out banks loans at Vietnam Joint Stock Commerical Banks for Investment and Development, Tra Vinh branch (pp.23-29). Masters' dissertation, Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics.
- Luong, T. N. (2018). Factors affecting individual customers' decision for taking out banks loans at Vietnam Joint Stock Commerical Banks for Investment and Development, Tra Vinh branch (pp.69-75). Masters' dissertation, Tra Vinh University.
- Nguyen, H. H. (2018). Factors influencing business household's decision for borrowing credit at Vietnam jointstock commercial bank for Industry and Trade, Tra vinh Branch, Vietnam. Asian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(11), 9008-9010.
- Nguyen, P. C. (2016). The analysis of factors affecting Vi Thanh city individual customers' and businesshouseholds' decisions for taking out banks loans at Agribanks, Hau Giang province (pp.23-27). Masters' dissertation, Tra Vinh University.
- Rehman, H. U., & Ahmad, S. (2008). An Empirical analysis of the determinants of Banks Selection in Pakitstan: A customer view. Pakitstan Economic and Social Review, 46(2), 147-160.
- The State Banks of Viet Nam - Tra Vinh Branch. (2017). The report on credit activities throughout Tra Vinh province.
- Tran, K. B. (2015). Factors affecting Ho Chi Minh City individual customers' decision for taking out banks loans at Viet Nam Joint Stock Commercial Banks for Industry and Trade (pp.15-21). Masters' dissertation, Ho Chi Minh City University of Economics.