- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Discovery of Urban Area and Spatial Distribution of City Population using Geo-located Tweet Data
위치기반 트윗 데이터를 이용한 도심권 추정과 인구의 공간분포 분석
Kim, Tae Kyu;Lee, Jin Kyu;Cho, Jae Hee
- Received : 2018.10.31
- Accepted : 2019.03.25
- Published : 2019.03.31
This study compares and analyzes the spatial distribution of people in two cities using location information in twitter data. The target cities were selected as Paris, a traditional tourist city, and Dubai, a tourist city that has recently attracted attention. The data was collected over 123 days in 2016 and 125 days in 2018. We compared the spatial distribution of two cities according to the two periods and residence status. In this study, we have found a hot place using a spatial statistical model called dart-shaped space division and estimated the urban area by reflecting the distribution of tweet population. And we visualized it as a CDF (cumulative distribution function) curve so that the distance between all the tweets' occurrence points and the city center point can be compared for different cities.
Geo-tweet;Dart-shaped Space Division;Urban Area;Cumulative Distribution Function
- Barbosa, H., M. Barthelemy, G. Ghoshal, C.R. James, M. Lenormand, T. Louail, R. Menezes, J.J. Ramasco, F. Simini, and M. Tomasini, "Human mobility : Models and Applications", Physics Reports, Vol.734, 2018, 1-74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physrep.2018.01.001
- Cho, J.H. and E.Y. Baik, "Geo-spatial Analysis of the Seoul Subway Station Areas Using the Haversine Distance and the Azimuth Angle Formulas", Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.17, No.4, 2018, 139-150.
- Cho, J.H. and I. Seo, "Investigation of Twitter Users' Activity Radius and Home Region in the City : The Case of Las Vegas", The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, Vol.42 No. 2, 2017, 505-513. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2017.42.2.505
- Cho, J.H. and I. Seo, "Comparing the spatial mobility of residents and tourists by using geotagged tweets," Journal of Information Technology Services, Vol.15, No.3, 2016, 211-221.
- Gao, S., "Spatio-Temporal Analytics for Exploring Human Mobility Patterns and Urban Dynamics in the Mobile Age", Spatial Cognition and Computation, Vol.15, No.2, 2015, 86-114. https://doi.org/10.1080/13875868.2014.984300
- Hawelka, B., I. Sitko, E. Beinat, S. Sobolevsky, P. Kazakopoulos, and C. Ratti, "Geo-located Twitter as Proxy for Global Mobility Patterns", Cartography and Geographic Information Science, Vol.41, No.3, 2014, 260-271. https://doi.org/10.1080/15230406.2014.890072
- Hong, I.Y., "Spatial Distribution of Korean Geotweets", Journal of the Korean Cartographic Association, Vol.15, No.2, 2015, 93-101. https://doi.org/10.16879/jkca.2015.15.2.093
- Kang, H.Y., H.J. Jung, and J.Y. Lee, "A Study of Subspacing Strategy for Service Applications in Indoor Space", Journal of Korea Spatial Information Society, Vol.23, No.3, 2015, 113-122. https://doi.org/10.12672/ksis.2015.23.3.113
- Kulshrestha, J., F. Kooti, A. Nikravesh, and K.P. Gummadi, "Geographic Dissection of the Twitter Network", Proceedings of the Sixth International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, 2012, 202-209.
- Lenormand, M., B. Gonclves, A. Tugores, and J.J. Ramasco, "Human diffusion and city influence", Journal of the Royal Society Interface, Vol.12, 2015, doi:10.1098/rsif.2015.0473(Downloaded July 23, 2016). https://doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2015.0473
- Shin, W.-Y., B.C. Singh, J.H. Cho, and A.M. Everett, "A New Understanding of Friendships in Space : Complex Networks Meet Twitter", Journal of Information Science, Vol.41, No.6, 2015, 751-764. https://doi.org/10.1177/0165551515600136
- Yin, J., Y. Gao, Z. Du, and S. Wang, "Exploring multi-scale spatiotemporal twitter user mobility patterns with a visual-analytics approach", ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inf., Vol.5, No.10, 2016, 1-19. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijgi5010001
- Zheng, Y.T., Z.J. Zha, and T.S. Chua, "Mining Travel Patterns from Geotagged Photos", ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Vol.3, No.3, 2012, doi:10.1145/2168752.2168770 (Downloaded July 21, 2015). https://doi.org/10.1145/2168752.2168770
Supported by : 정보통신기획평가원